SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
As I recall, that 60 vote requirement is only a senate "rule" that that tired old asshole McConnell could simply say does not exist anymore. Like that stupid "blue ticket" nonsense they have up there. No law requires that 60 volt threshold.

McConnell could end that horse shit in 5 seconds. The problem is that he is part of that huge, wide, very deep SWAMP. For some reason he/they do not want that wall built.[/QUOTE]
----------------

Yes Elk, but...

Look how it turned out for the Dems with the Supreme court under President Trump thanks to Harry Reid and his Judges rule change Smile

The power swings back and forth.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

May be more true than you realize. She has reportedly just been spotted at Reagan International. Selfish bitch. There goes any chance whatsoever of ending the shutdown anytime soon. I'm sure the government workers who will now likely miss a 2nd paycheck appreciate it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump:

I will be making a major announcement concerning the Humanitarian Crisis on our Southern Border, and the Shutdown, tomorrow afternoon at 3 P.M., live from the @WhiteHouse.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
As I recall, that 60 vote requirement is only a senate "rule" that that tired old asshole McConnell could simply say does not exist anymore. Like that stupid "blue ticket" nonsense they have up there. No law requires that 60 volt threshold.

McConnell could end that horse shit in 5 seconds. The problem is that he is part of that huge, wide, very deep SWAMP. For some reason he/they do not want that wall built.

----------------

He could have... but he can't anymore.
BEFORE the end of the year, there was a bill passed by the House, that McConnell could have brought up in the Senate and he could have used reconciliation to pass it on a majority (51) vote. It contained $5.7 billion funding for the wall.
BUT once Congress adjourned for the year, that bill expired. Now, it won't pass the Democrat controlled House.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We are spending $45 billion per year in Afghanistan, yet we won't spend the money to secure our southern border. My nephew, who will be deployed there as an Army infantryman in February, was 4 when 9-11 happened. Think about the insanity of that.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
President Trump:

I will be making a major announcement concerning the Humanitarian Crisis on our Southern Border, and the Shutdown, tomorrow afternoon at 3 P.M., live from the @WhiteHouse.

Maybe he is going to announce that he has directed the DOD to build the wall with the savings from pulling out of Syria.

If I were him I would wait to confirm that the dragon lady is 1/2 across the Atlantic and then make the announcement right then.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
quote:
President Trump:

Maybe he is going to announce that he has directed the DOD to build the wall with the savings from pulling out of Syria.

If I were him I would wait to confirm that the dragon lady is 1/2 across the Atlantic and then make the announcement right then.

I'm hoping he closes all of the airports before Pelosi can return. Make her fly to Mexico city and she can hike across the border with her beloved alien invaders.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Mueller's office is now saying that the Buzzfeed report about Trump telling Cohen to lie to Congress is not true. This will give the Dems heartburn.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew it was more fake news from the commie controlled media from when I first heard it today. Once again, DJT's declaration of the media being the enemy of the people proves true.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yes. unusual for Mueller

https://thehill.com/homenews/a...ting-buzzfeeds-cohen

Special counsel Robert Mueller's office issued a rare statement Friday disputing a report from BuzzFeed News that President Trump had told his former lawyer Michael Cohen to lie to Congress.

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” special counsel spokesman Peter Carr said in a statement to BuzzFeed released on Friday night.

In the BuzzFeed report published Thursday night, the outlet said that federal investigators have evidence that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress about the timing of negotiations over a potential Trump Tower in Moscow.

The story cited "two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter."

BuzzFeed had released a statement earlier Friday defending the reporters behind the story and saying that it "stands by this story 100%."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and good old Chuck Todd,

Friday on NBC’s “Today Show,” NBC and MSNBC host Chuck Todd boasted about the significance of a Buzzfeed story reporting President Donald Trump directed his then-legal counsel Michael Cohen to lie about a real estate project in Russia.

Todd told NBC’s Savannah Guthrie that one couldn’t “overstate” the significance of the report.

“In the Trump era we have a hard time sometimes under-calibrating — and everybody is like, ‘Oh my God, oh my God — this is it, this is it,'” Todd said. “You can’t overstate how significant this development is, with the caveat of if true. I mean, a lot of this is the ‘if true.’”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

how many strikes do they get in the "get Trump" game ?

10,000 ?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Adam Schiff called this story a “counterintelligence concern of the greatest magnitude”

The "greatest magnitude". What a national embarrassment that these Russian collusion stories still have the slightest credibility.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the other thing is that she's free to leave the country, and she's free to try to come back

nothing says the Customs and Immigration people need to let her in

she could be deemed an undesirable

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
yes. unusual for Mueller

Well, there is a new sheriff in town now, isn't there...and his name is William Barr.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

she could be deemed an undesirable

Now THAT is downright funny. I don't care what anyone else thinks! Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

May be more true than you realize. She has reportedly just been spotted at Reagan International. Selfish bitch. There goes any chance whatsoever of ending the shutdown anytime soon. I'm sure the government workers who will now likely miss a 2nd paycheck appreciate it.

She won't get the pomp and circumstance of arriving on a Special Mission aircraft. That had to break the pompous woman's heart

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
yes. unusual for Mueller

Well, there is a new sheriff in town now, isn't there...and his name is William Barr.

Exactly, Mueller is trying to keep his job going for as long as possible.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:

She won't get the pomp and circumstance of arriving on a Special Mission aircraft. That had to break the pompous woman's heart

Plus, no free seats for a bunch of media lapdogs...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this could have been a disinformation campaign by the DOJ to flush out leaks. What if 2 agents did get “information” and passed it on to the press. Just a theory, and if Im right I want a cookie Smile

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
The instant I heard the source was Buzzfeed I knew the story was BS.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
Mueller spokesman didn’t say the story wasn’t true, he said the story was “inaccurate”. That leaves wiggle room for the media spectacle to continue.