SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I've never been the head of a major law enforcement agency, but to me that sounds like the same type of reaction and words that come from all guilty people who are caught.

We don't understand. It's all taken out of context. He didindoo nuffin! I bet those aren't even his pants.

How about this loudmouth. You've been there and done that. You know how this works.

Do you want our help? Then you better tell us what you know. We can't help you unless you help us. Start writing.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Hillary got wind of this, and that wind blew her off the steps in India, and knocked her down in the bathtub.

A LOT of swamp creatures are wobbling tonight.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just read that McCabe was fired

holy shit

I'll eat my golf hat...

I didn't think he had it in him

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.7e52790c8f35

The FBI Office of Professional Responsibility had recommended McCabe be fired.

The matter McCabe authorized FBI officials to discuss with a reporter came just as the bureau announced it was resuming its look at Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state, though the article focused more on the separate case involving her family’s foundation.

The inspector general was interested in McCabe’s role in authorizing officials to talk about the matter, people familiar with the case said, because the article detailed ongoing criminal investigative work, which law enforcement officials are not normally allowed to discuss.

The Wall Street Journal report was written by Devlin Barrett , who is now a reporter with The Washington Post. Recently released FBI text messages show that Barrett had talked with the FBI’s top spokesman, Michael Kortan , and FBI lawyer Lisa Page , who worked for McCabe, two days before it was published.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
just read that McCabe was fired

holy shit

I'll eat my golf hat...

I didn't think he had it in him

Never had a doubt. Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I eat my hat.

Anyone else?

[/raises hand]

I didn't think Sessions had the stones. In this instance, he did the right thing.

[/lowers hand]

BTW, what's the best way to prepare hat?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
As I have maintained on every occasion, there is nothing I’ve seen about Jeff Sessions to cause me to think he is other than a competent, honest, principled lawyer fully capable and fit to be AG.

Truth, reality, evidence, rules.... that’s what it takes to do the job properly. If he had the proper factual basis, he would act. Otherwise, he could not, no matter how loudly the braying mob howled, bitched and moaned.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty funny that a man fired after a long IG investigation is trying to take the high road and plead an emotional case to the public (mainly as he has no legal case to plead).

His own choices to collude, engage in unlawful activity, and lie under oath did him in.

One down, several more to go. Here's hoping they do the next correct thing and strip him of his pension. G'bye Andy!! Cool

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I eat my hat.

Anyone else?

[/raises hand]

I didn't think Sessions had the stones. In this instance, he did the right thing.

[/lowers hand]

BTW, what's the best way to prepare hat?

Cold, with a side of crow.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A pink slip was most appropriate

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Yep and hopefully more coming. The swamp is shivering in its slime tonight.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
"I rolled and I tumbled, I cried the whole night long
I rolled and I tumbled, I cried the whole night long
Woke up this mornin', I must have bet my money wrong."

--Bob Dylan, "Rollin and Tumblin"

McCabe bet his money wrong. He was sure that he and his Democrat politician wife would become part of the Hillary juggernaut. But then....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

McCarthy vindicated at last. Wink

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This just makes the quote from George Bernard Shaw (IIRC Para had it for a signature line for awhile) “There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.” more relevant...

The democrats started this whole shit storm to damage Trump because their "sacred cow" failed to win the election...now it's made a full circle and one of their own (and probably more) that worked against our President has been exposed and is facing the music...

"Don't start no shit and there won't be any"...you asked for it and now you've got it...in spades!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I went to sleep election night fully expecting to wake up to disappointing news and wondering what the future would bring.
Tonight I’m about to go to sleep with a smile on my face, and wondering what the future will bring. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Popcorn, where’s my damned popcorn?

The flailing, falling on the floor screaming at the moon, heads exploding will be epic.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sessions should have waited 24 more hours so that the leftists could scream about a SATURDAY NIGHT MASSACRE!!

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
I have to say I'm very surprised that Sessions pulled the trigger.

Pleasantly surprised that is, let's hope this is just the beginning of the cleansing of the FBI and DoJ.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Report This Post