SIGforum
The Trump Presidency : Year II

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8510094634

March 16, 2018, 10:06 PM
a1abdj
The Trump Presidency : Year II
I've never been the head of a major law enforcement agency, but to me that sounds like the same type of reaction and words that come from all guilty people who are caught.

We don't understand. It's all taken out of context. He didindoo nuffin! I bet those aren't even his pants.

How about this loudmouth. You've been there and done that. You know how this works.

Do you want our help? Then you better tell us what you know. We can't help you unless you help us. Start writing.

www.zykansafe.com
March 16, 2018, 10:08 PM
justjoe
I wonder if Hillary got wind of this, and that wind blew her off the steps in India, and knocked her down in the bathtub.

A LOT of swamp creatures are wobbling tonight.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."
March 16, 2018, 10:12 PM
nhtagmember
just read that McCabe was fired

holy shit

I'll eat my golf hat...

I didn't think he had it in him

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

March 16, 2018, 10:12 PM
sdy
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.7e52790c8f35

The FBI Office of Professional Responsibility had recommended McCabe be fired.

The matter McCabe authorized FBI officials to discuss with a reporter came just as the bureau announced it was resuming its look at Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state, though the article focused more on the separate case involving her family’s foundation.

The inspector general was interested in McCabe’s role in authorizing officials to talk about the matter, people familiar with the case said, because the article detailed ongoing criminal investigative work, which law enforcement officials are not normally allowed to discuss.

The Wall Street Journal report was written by Devlin Barrett , who is now a reporter with The Washington Post. Recently released FBI text messages show that Barrett had talked with the FBI’s top spokesman, Michael Kortan , and FBI lawyer Lisa Page , who worked for McCabe, two days before it was published.
March 16, 2018, 10:15 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
just read that McCabe was fired

holy shit

I'll eat my golf hat...

I didn't think he had it in him

Never had a doubt. Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
March 16, 2018, 10:18 PM
Bigboreshooter
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I eat my hat.

Anyone else?

[/raises hand]

I didn't think Sessions had the stones. In this instance, he did the right thing.

[/lowers hand]

BTW, what's the best way to prepare hat?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

March 16, 2018, 10:21 PM
Deqlyn

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke
March 16, 2018, 10:26 PM
olfuzzy

JALLEN
As I have maintained on every occasion, there is nothing I’ve seen about Jeff Sessions to cause me to think he is other than a competent, honest, principled lawyer fully capable and fit to be AG.

Truth, reality, evidence, rules.... that’s what it takes to do the job properly. If he had the proper factual basis, he would act. Otherwise, he could not, no matter how loudly the braying mob howled, bitched and moaned.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
soflaac
Pretty funny that a man fired after a long IG investigation is trying to take the high road and plead an emotional case to the public (mainly as he has no legal case to plead).

His own choices to collude, engage in unlawful activity, and lie under oath did him in.

One down, several more to go. Here's hoping they do the next correct thing and strip him of his pension. G'bye Andy!! Cool

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave
JALLEN
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I eat my hat.

Anyone else?

[/raises hand]

I didn't think Sessions had the stones. In this instance, he did the right thing.

[/lowers hand]

BTW, what's the best way to prepare hat?

Cold, with a side of crow.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
March 16, 2018, 10:29 PM
parabellum
A pink slip was most appropriate
March 16, 2018, 10:38 PM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Yep and hopefully more coming. The swamp is shivering in its slime tonight.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
March 16, 2018, 10:43 PM
justjoe
"I rolled and I tumbled, I cried the whole night long
I rolled and I tumbled, I cried the whole night long
Woke up this mornin', I must have bet my money wrong."

--Bob Dylan, "Rollin and Tumblin"

McCabe bet his money wrong. He was sure that he and his Democrat politician wife would become part of the Hillary juggernaut. But then....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."
March 16, 2018, 10:44 PM
soflaac
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

McCarthy vindicated at last. Wink

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave
March 16, 2018, 10:48 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
This just makes the quote from George Bernard Shaw (IIRC Para had it for a signature line for awhile) “There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.” more relevant...

The democrats started this whole shit storm to damage Trump because their "sacred cow" failed to win the election...now it's made a full circle and one of their own (and probably more) that worked against our President has been exposed and is facing the music...

"Don't start no shit and there won't be any"...you asked for it and now you've got it...in spades!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
March 16, 2018, 10:51 PM
sigfreund
I went to sleep election night fully expecting to wake up to disappointing news and wondering what the future would bring.
Tonight I’m about to go to sleep with a smile on my face, and wondering what the future will bring. Smile

6.4/93.6
March 16, 2018, 11:20 PM
Shifferbrains
Popcorn, where’s my damned popcorn?

The flailing, falling on the floor screaming at the moon, heads exploding will be epic.
March 16, 2018, 11:24 PM
parabellum
Sessions should have waited 24 more hours so that the leftists could scream about a SATURDAY NIGHT MASSACRE!!
March 17, 2018, 01:03 AM
IndyRob
I have to say I'm very surprised that Sessions pulled the trigger.

Pleasantly surprised that is, let's hope this is just the beginning of the cleansing of the FBI and DoJ.