SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Fire the guy! I've said this from his first day of his leave to wait out his retirement date. The message must be sent that the type of behavior that he (and many others) exhibited will not be tolerated and anyone caught will suffer severe consequences. Strip him of his entire pension, benefits and prosecute him.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They tried to overthrow an Election. He deserves to be held accountable.

How can they let him out before the Horowitz report is released.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Oh I would have fired him the minute the recommendation crossed my desk. Actions have consequences.

This may show us if Sessions is serious or not.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Oh I would have fired him the minute the recommendation crossed my desk. Actions have consequences.

This may show us if Sessions is serious or not.

One of the consequences is frequently “Act in haste, repent at leisure.” Poor Richard

Why not think it through, read the materials, not necessarily in that order of course, then armed with confidence that you are justified, decide.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
The inspector general’s finding sparked an FBI disciplinary process that recommended his firing, something Sessions can accept or reverse, the paper said.

Since it was recommended, fire him. He was instrumental in trying to overthrow a duly elected president. Letting him escape with his pension is not an option. I'm sure there is a process in place for him to fight it, let him.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Michael Issakov was just on with Martha MacCallum about his new book, “Russian Roulette” his story about the Ruskies, Fusion GPS, FBI, Trump, et al.

Anyone heard anything about this book, good, bad, behind covering, etc?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"Russian Roulette" by Michael Isikoff and David Corn

Has some very interesting things in it. A concern is that Isikoff and Corn are tight w Glenn Simpson

Hard to believe the book wasn't coordinated w Simpson and Steele. Several parts of the book are listed in the "steele dossier" thread

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
"Russian Roulette" by Michael Isikoff and David Corn

Has some very interesting things in it. A concern is that Isikoff and Corn are tight w Glenn Simpson

Hard to believe the book wasn't coordinated w Simpson and Steele. Several parts of the book are listed in the "steele dossier" thread

How can that be? The book is just out now, as I understand it.

What are we missing?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"How can that be?"

https://www.motherjones.com/po...re-we-standing-down/

and

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03...golden-showers-tape/

things like:

“Steele’s confidence in the sensational sex claim would fade over time,”

“As for the likelihood of the claim that prostitutes had urinated in Trump’s presence, Steele would say to colleagues, ‘It’s fifty-fifty,'”

Steele’s business partner, Christopher Burrows, immediately questioned Steele’s report, according to the book.

“What the fuck!” Burrows said to Steele during what the authors describe as a heated exchange.

“Burrows feared Steele was sensationalizing his material,” the book reads, which reports that Burrows “later privately described the report as akin to preliminary intelligence reporting — information not analyzed, vetted, or ready for distribution.”

“This was not gospel. It was raw product,” Burrows would say.

Glenn Simpson, the founder of Fusion GPS, the firm that hired Steele, also questioned Steele’s shocking report. The book reveals that Steele told Simpson the identity of the primary source for the “golden showers” allegation: a Belarus-American businessman named Sergei Millian who has claimed to have partnered with Trump’s real estate firm in the past

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and note that this is the Michael Isikoff of Yahoo News who wrote the Sept 2016 story about Carter Page.

and it is the David Corn of Mother Jones who wrote the late October 2016 story on the full dossier

Both were briefed by Christopher Steele for those stories

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
"How can that be?"

https://www.motherjones.com/po...re-we-standing-down/

and

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03...golden-showers-tape/

things like:

“Steele’s confidence in the sensational sex claim would fade over time,”

“As for the likelihood of the claim that prostitutes had urinated in Trump’s presence, Steele would say to colleagues, ‘It’s fifty-fifty,'”

Steele’s business partner, Christopher Burrows, immediately questioned Steele’s report, according to the book.

“What the fuck!” Burrows said to Steele during what the authors describe as a heated exchange.

“Burrows feared Steele was sensationalizing his material,” the book reads, which reports that Burrows “later privately described the report as akin to preliminary intelligence reporting — information not analyzed, vetted, or ready for distribution.”

“This was not gospel. It was raw product,” Burrows would say.

Glenn Simpson, the founder of Fusion GPS, the firm that hired Steele, also questioned Steele’s shocking report. The book reveals that Steele told Simpson the identity of the primary source for the “golden showers” allegation: a Belarus-American businessman named Sergei Millian who has claimed to have partnered with Trump’s real estate firm in the past

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and note that this is the Michael Isikoff of Yahoo News who wrote the Sept 2016 story about Carter Page.

and it is the David Corn of Mother Jones who wrote the late October 2016 story on the full dossier

Both were briefed by Christopher Steele for those stories

So what you are saying is that the same story(ies) or incidents, or info are in the book that were in the news article cited by the FBI. The book wasn’t cited by the FBI since it wasn’t out then.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"So what you are saying is that the same story(ies) or incidents, or info are in the book that were in the news article cited by the FBI"

Sorry, not understanding that.

The 2 articles are describing the book.

I don't know what "the news article cited by the FBI" refers to.

posted Hide Post
quote:
"Russian Roulette" by Michael Isikoff

But he's the guy they seeded the dossier information to for Yahoo News. Which they used to validate the dossier information for the FISA Warrant.

So this is just more "Collusion" as they say.

quote:

I don't know what "the news article cited by the FBI" refers to.

The Issikof Yahoo News article (sept 2016?) referencing the dossier, supplied by steele and used to verify the information in the dossier to the FISA Court.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think Mueller is getting close to crossing a line the President warned about:

quote:

Mr. Mueller could run afoul of a red line the president has warned him not to cross. Though it is not clear how much of the subpoena is related to Mr. Trump’s business beyond ties to Russia, Mr. Trump said in an interview with The New York Times in July that the special counsel would be crossing a “red line” if he looked into his family’s finances beyond any relationship with Russia. The president declined to say how he would respond if he concluded that the special counsel had crossed that line.

Stocks Drop As Mueller Subpoenas Trump Organization

Mueller Subpoenas Trump Organization, Demanding Documents About Russia

Who cares if Trump did business with Russia years before he decided to run for President? Is that illegal? How does that fit within what is supposed to be the scope of Mueller's investigation? I think this shithead Mueller plans to drag this out until just after the 2020 elections in an attempt to get people to sour on Trump.

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I think Mueller is getting close to crossing a line the President warned about:

quote:

Mr. Mueller could run afoul of a red line the president has warned him not to cross. Though it is not clear how much of the subpoena is related to Mr. Trump’s business beyond ties to Russia, Mr. Trump said in an interview with The New York Times in July that the special counsel would be crossing a “red line” if he looked into his family’s finances beyond any relationship with Russia. The president declined to say how he would respond if he concluded that the special counsel had crossed that line.

Stocks Drop As Mueller Subpoenas Trump Organization

Mueller Subpoenas Trump Organization, Demanding Documents About Russia

Who cares if Trump did business with Russia years before he decided to run for President? Is that illegal? How does that fit within what is supposed to be the scope of Mueller's investigation? I think this shithead Mueller plans to drag this out until just after the 2020 elections in an attempt to get people to sour on Trump.

Mueller is not leaving any stone unturned.Except of course the Clinton Foundation,the thousands of classified emails illegally handled by Hillary,and letting the Russians take control of 25% of American Uranium deposits, I could go on,but you get the point.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Mueller's job is to remove Trump from office. His "investigation" will NEVER be over. After Trump gets reelected, Mueller will still be "investigating".

All the while The Clinton Cartel and the Obama Corruptocrats keep on keepin' on...

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This is just rehashing old news. Roll Eyes

This sham of an investigation has already issued subpoenas for an untold amount of documents from the Trump Organization, all of which have been turned over. This isn't some earth shattering new bit of news. For chrissakes, someone is just leaking this nonsense to the press to keep this investigation in the headlines and relevant.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yes, and the guy behind it is most likely Schiff

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
MCabe was at DoJ this afternoon to argue against being fired.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.804aad083b54

He is not meeting with Sessions, who was traveling Thursday, but with other senior officials, including Scott Schools, the most senior career attorney in the department.

I wonder what Rosenstein and Wray will recommend about McCabe ? It is Sessions' decision, but it would be reasonable to get multiple inputs.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This is just rehashing old news. Roll Eyes

This sham of an investigation has already issued subpoenas for an untold amount of documents from the Trump Organization, all of which have been turned over. This isn't some earth shattering new bit of news. For chrissakes, someone is just leaking this nonsense to the press to keep this investigation in the headlines and relevant.

Exactly. Drudge stirs this crap up with his big bold hysteria filled banner headlines to draw more clicks.
IDES OF MUELLER: TRUMP ORG SUBPOENAED!!!

He has become the National Enquirer of the news gatherers. I rarely go there any more. Lucianne is a much better place to get the news and editorials.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
As I have often observed on these pages, the wheels of justice move slowly, often very hard to get rolling, but then can be very hard to stop.