SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump agrees to meet w N Korea leader Kim Jong-un

to discuss de-nuclearization of NK

Mtg to take place by May

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I do not have a problem with this. I don't have a lot of hope for a good outcome, but it never hurts to try, I guess.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Maximum Pressure Policy"

Love it

I'm watching Chris Matthews on MSNBC. Tingles just doesn't know what to say.

Posts: 107413 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...nnouncement-n2459094

South Korea announced Thursday night that North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un is “committed” to denuclearization and has expressed his "eagerness to meet with President Trump as soon as possible."

In a brief statement outside the White House, South Korean National Security Adviser Chung Eui-yong said President Trump has agreed to meet with Kim Jong Un by May to achieve denuclearization.

The announcement comes after Chung led a South Korean delegation to Pyongyang earlier this week to meet with Kim, the first time since he took power in 2011.

On Tuesday, Chung said North Korea expressed their willingness to give up nuclear weapons and even holding talks with the United States.

"The North side clearly affirmed its commitment to the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and said it would have no reason to possess nuclear weapons should the safety of its regime be guaranteed and military threats against North Korea removed," he said.

Trump was cautiously optimistic about the message, writing on Twitter: "Possible progress being made in talks with North Korea. For the first time in many years, a serious effort is being made by all parties concerned. The World is watching and waiting! May be false hope, but the U.S. is ready to go hard in either direction!"

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
O.K. So rocket boy will meet with Trump. Good.

Now, someone explain to me why so many are so upset with the concept of tariffs.

Seems fair play to me. What's the issue?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20316 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
it doesn't matter one whit what Ding Dong Dumb says during the meeting

what matters is what happens after...and I am guessing that Lil' Dick just wants to meet Trump so he can report that he has

but who knows, maybe something good will come of it - perhaps Trump will remind DDD that the US is the only nation to actually use nukes in a war, and it was a winning punch

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53145 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
This is YUGE. Seriously, this is a real triumph for Trump and his no-screwing-around dealings with the NORKS.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
O.K. So rocket boy will meet with Trump. Good.

Now, someone explain to me why so many are so upset with the concept of tariffs.

Seems fair play to me. What's the issue?

RMD

Think of them as a tax. It's a lot harder to compete with a product when yours is taxed and the other is not. That's the objection anyway from most republicans, that there will be reciprocal tariffs overseas where American goods are being sold. They fear the backlash will do americans more harm than the new tariffs will do good.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30383 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Gee, they sound like "cowards." DJT is using this to get negotiations rolling.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And remember, kids- never underestimate the value of leading your adversaries to believe that you might be just a little bit nuts.

Posts: 107413 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching CNN right now. They have been reduced to stuttering blather, desperately trying to find a negative spin to this!

Absolutely hilariius!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hehe, Tucker had an amusing thought...President Trump receiving the Nobel Peace prize for de-nuclearizing the Korean Peninsula. That'd be something for liberals to chew on, eh?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30383 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
And remember, kids- never underestimate the value of leading your adversaries to believe that you might be just a little bit nuts.

The thug Sonny Liston was scared of Cassius Clay because he thought Cassius Clay was crazy. Really crazy. Big Grin

Kim might think that Trump is actually crazy enough to turn N. Korea to shiny glass.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

...President Trump receiving the Nobel Peace prize for de-nuclearizing the Korean Peninsula...

Award it to him right now. Hey, they gave one to the Golden Kenyan.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Reagan had a little of this working for him. Remember his comments when he didn't know his radio mike was hot. "The bombers are on their way to Russia as we speak" Scared the crap out of everybody especially the Russians.
Of course it was just Reagan's sense of humor.

Reagan was portrayed as a unqualified and dangerous dunce just as Trump is. Reagan knocked the Berlin Wall down. Trump is about to neuter the nuclear nut job in North Korea.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8518 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
If you can do it, it ain't bragging'. Joe Namath

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
Watching CNN right now. They have been reduced to stuttering blather, desperately trying to find a negative spin to this!

Absolutely hilariius!

I think the negative spin is that meeting with the President of the United States will give Kim legitimacy. Although the term today might be “Normalize”. Not that I care. Kim is the Crackpot-in-Chief, so he’s the guy we have to deal with. We wouldn’t be in this position if other administrations had dealt with it. At the end of the day, it’s just sour grapes that Trump might have a meeting.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Dan Bongino always impresses - Says Trump was unpredictable and Kim Jong Un blinked.

Trump sent sent out a couple on 'DefCon-One Tweets', and all of the sudden North Korea wants to talk about De-Nuclearization! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8856 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like the "meet as soon as possible" line may very well translate to "I am starting to lose positive control of our citizens due to the sanctions and I need to do something quick to remain the supreme ruler of North Korea before our people revolt or I see myself on the wrong side of a coup". Smile

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:

I think the negative spin is that meeting with the President of the United States will give Kim legitimacy. Although the term today might be “Normalize”. Not that I care. Kim is the Crackpot-in-Chief, so he’s the guy we have to deal with. We wouldn’t be in this position if other administrations had dealt with it. At the end of the day, it’s just sour grapes that Trump might have a meeting.

Legitimacy? The little nut is testing nuclear weapons and launching ICBMs. Yeah, I'd say he's made himself relevant on the world stage. And he was allowed to do so by past ineffective world leaders. You got it right, any negative spin against Trump here by the left is simply sour grapes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)