SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Tucker had an excellent segment tonight that exposes how badly the left and the media are outright lying about this whole immigration issue. He says, rightly, that they're entering dangerous waters with this agenda and language, and I think he's right. Just what is the next step beyond here? Where does this go and how does the right deal with this extremist lunacy? How much closer is this country to unraveling?

Here's the show. The segment I'm referring to starts at approx. 21 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-7HoiZFff8

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Tucker had an excellent segment tonight that exposes how badly the left and the media are outright lying about this whole immigration issue. He says, rightly, that they're entering dangerous waters with this agenda and language, and I think he's right. Just what is the next step beyond here? Where does this go and how does the right deal with this extremist lunacy? How much closer is this country to unraveling?

The latest uproar at the southern border regarding illegals and their children is nothing more than the communists venting their hatred of the President and his family. That’s it and that’s all.
It’s a dangerous game they’re playing.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
By signing the executive order to keep the families united Trump to let the dems continue to paint themselves into a corner. He knows damn well this will not pacify the left and it hasen't.
They want nothing less than open borders and if he does that they still won't be happy.

They are being exposed as the obstructionist and whiners that they are and the media along with them.

Minnesota has been trending red for awhile now and I'm convinced it's going red in the mid terms and has a very good chance of going for Trump in 2020.

Not long ago I would have said Minnesota will go red right after California. Times they are a changin'!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Time magazine cover has a little illegal immigrant girl crying, supposedly because of being separated from her mother.

Here is the "rest of the story"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...isis-speaks-out.html

The father of the Honduran girl who became the face of the family separation crisis has revealed that he still has not been in touch with his wife or daughter but was happy to learn they are safe.

Denis Javier Varela Hernandez, 32, said that he had not heard from his wife Sandra, 32, who was with his two-year-old daughter Yanela Denise, for nearly three weeks until he saw the image of them being apprehended in Texas.

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com, Hernandez, who lives in Puerto Cortes, Honduras, says that he was told yesterday that his wife and child are being detained at a family residential center in Texas but are together and are doing 'fine.'

'You can imagine how I felt when I saw that photo of my daughter. It broke my heart. It's difficult as a father to see that, but I know now that they are not in danger. They are safer now than when they were making that journey to the border,' he said.

Denis said his wife and daughter were never separated by border control agents and remain together.

He revealed that his wife had previously mentioned her wish to go to the United States for a 'better future' but did not tell him nor any of their family members that she was planning to make the trek.

'I didn't support it. I asked her, why? Why would she want to put our little girl through that? But it was her decision at the end of the day.'

He said that Sandra had always wanted to experience 'the American dream' and hoped to find a good job in the States.

Denis, who works as a captain at a port on the coast of Puerto Cortes, explained that things back home were fine but not great, and that his wife was seeking political asylum.

He said that Sandra set out on the 1,800-mile journey with the baby girl on June 3, at 6am, and he has not heard from her since.

'I never got the chance to say goodbye to my daughter and now all I can do is wait', he said, adding that he hopes they are either granted political asylum or are sent back home.

'I don't have any resentment for my wife, but I do think it was irresponsible of her to take the baby with her in her arms because we don't know what could happen.'

The couple has three other children, son Wesly, 14, and daughters Cindy, 11, and Brianna, six.

'The kids see what's happening. They're a little worried but I don't try to bring it up that much. They know their mother and sister are safe now.'

Denis said that he believes the journey across the border is only worth it to some degree, and admits that it's not something he would ever consider.

He said he heard from friends that his wife paid $6,000 for a coyote - a term for someone who smuggles people across the border.

'I wouldn't risk my life for it. It's hard to find a good job here and that's why many people choose to leave. But I thank God that I have a good job here. And I would never risk my life making that journey.'

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Time magazine cover has a little illegal immigrant girl crying, supposedly because of being separated from her mother.

Denis said his wife and daughter were never separated by border control agents and remain together.

Each and every time Trump calls out the MSM for their fake news, he's 100 % correct.

I hope he keeps pounding away at them. Mad

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
D-List actor Tom Arnold says he's teaming up with Michael Cohen and 'taking Trump down'

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-th...p-to-take-trump-down

Comedian Tom Arnold said Friday that he and President Trump’s former longtime personal lawyer are teaming up to “take down” the president.

Arnold tweeted a photo with Michael Cohen on Thursday with the caption "I Love New York," which Cohen retweeted without comment.

Arnold then told NBC News that he met with Cohen as part of a show he is working on for Vice, in which he searches for incriminating videos of the president.

"This dude has all the tapes — this dude has everything,” Arnold told NBC News. "I say to Michael, 'Guess what? We’re taking Trump down together,’ and he’s so tired he’s like, 'OK,' and his wife is like, 'OK, f--- Trump.’”

The idea for the Vice program followed the leak of the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape during the 2016 presidential race, in which Trump can be heard bragging about grabbing women “by the p----.” The show will feature Arnold’s hunt for other unflattering video and audio recordings of the president.

"We’ve been on the other side of the table and now we’re on the same side," Arnold told NBC News. "It’s on! I hope [Trump] sees the picture of me and Michael Cohen and it haunts his dreams.”

Arnold declined to reveal to NBC News if Cohen was planning to give him any material for “The Hunt for the Trump Tapes.”

Cohen is currently under investigation in New York for a number of alleged financial crimes. Prosecutors are also looking at the $130,000 payment that Cohen made to adult-film star Stormy Daniels, which she said was part of a nondisclosure agreement to keep her quiet about an affair she says she had with the president.

Trump said earlier this month that Cohen is no longer his lawyer and that he had not spoken to him in “a long time.”

Arnold’s ex-wife, pro-Trump comedian Roseanne Barr, was recently fired from the ABC reboot of her sitcom after posting a racist tweet about a former Obama administration official.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would believe that is the textbook definition of "sedition", no?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would believe that is the textbook definition of "sedition", no?

How so?

Per Wiki, “Sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that tends toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent towards, or resistance against lawful authority. Sedition may include any commotion, though not aimed at direct and open violence against the laws. Seditious words in writing are seditious libel. A seditionist is one who engages in or promotes the interest of sedition.”

How is this different than the enthusiastic criticism levelled at Obama, or Dubya, or Reagan, or Lincoln?

Can’t take the heat, etc.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
How so?

se·di·tion
səˈdiSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: sedition; plural noun: seditions

conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

Ahh...you clarified your post. I don't ever remember hearing the OPEN threats to take down the Krimson Kenyan like we've had for President Trump. Did I detest that low-life sunuvabitch and his man-wife? Of course, but I don't remember reading on A DAILY BASIS how someone was going to "take him down".

Maybe what I'm looking at is more along the lines of Treason?

trea·son
ˈtrēzən/
noun
noun: treason; noun: high treason; plural noun: high treasons

the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
"they were convicted of treason"
synonyms: treachery, disloyalty, betrayal, faithlessness, sedition, subversion, mutiny, rebellion;

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’m not going to hold my breath until Time Magazine apologizes for its mistake.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
mistake

Mistake?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Denis, who works as a captain at a port on the coast of Puerto Cortes, explained that things back home were fine but not great, and that his wife was seeking political asylum.

Huh? Things are fine, but she's asking for political asylum? Maybe he meant pretextual asylum.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Trump conference right now with the victims of crimes from illegal aliens.
CNN didn't carry the MN Rally (only Fox News) but has this > it has got to be killing them to broadcast the truth on the border.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump conference right now with the victims of crimes from illegal aliens.

Oh, so there's another side to this story? Who knew?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Now what kind of legal hot water can Cohen get into if he breaks the Lawyer/Client confidentiality?

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
Now what kind of legal hot water can Cohen get into if he breaks the Lawyer/Client confidentiality?
Disbarment?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I’m not going to hold my breath until Time Magazine apologizes for its mistake.

Magazine cover has been updated:

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
most of us here know NBC is out to attack President Trump. But if there any doubters, here you go:

https://youtu.be/0yN547hv9LI

NBC John Heilemann:

"one" = political price

"We have a great chance to inflict one on him and his party in November"

Oh, whoops, "I'm not part of the Democratic Party"

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...ty-to-hurt-trump.php

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
First we were deplorable. Now were are all Nazi's. At least according to Donny Deutsch. Anyone know where I can get a Deplorable Nazi shirt?

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...rs-nazis-five-reacts

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Each and every time Trump calls out the MSM for their fake news, he's 100 % correct.

I hope he keeps pounding away at them. Mad

For the record, the mother was deported from the US in 2013. Her offense this time is a felony.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post