SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Oh, the Democrats/Leftists do have "issues"--but they're mental, not practical.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
They have one issue: Hatred of Trump. They are counting on millions of voters to have been persuaded by the non-stop propaganda from the media, Hollywood, and academia. Truly, there has never been anything like this barrage of negativity, day and night, week after week, year after year: insult, mockery, fake news, derision, foaming at the mouth rage! How can it fail?

Well, watch and see.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Feersum, I just found your article on WSJ and saw it was written by David Gelernter. SF members should know this is a very smart cookie, one of the few outspoken conservatives in academia; and by the way was a victim of the Unabomber (lost the use of an arm). Anything he writes is worth reading; even if you don’t agree with all of it, you will still learn a lot. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
One heck of a lot more natural than barry... Razz

For several reasons.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 10/22/2018

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - Legal Analyst & Fmr. U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Every once in a while this guy has an extreme moment of clarity and really knocks it out of the park!

PIERS MORGAN: The media hates him, Hollywood hates him but every hysterical piece of abuse they throw at him just makes Trump stronger and now the Democrats are heading for a midterms disaster

President Trump is winning.

There is simply no other way to fairly interpret the fact that he’s just hit a new high in his approval rating.

Even better for Trump, he’s officially more popular than his predecessor Barack Obama was at the exact same stage of his first tenure as President.

According to the NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, Trump is now at 47% approval, compared to Obama’s 45% two weeks before the midterm elections in 2010.

Given all the fire, brimstone and perpetual outrage about Trump since he won the White House, this is a truly remarkable state of affairs.

Of course, America’s liberals will respond to the shock poll in the way they respond to all things Trump - with fury, incredulity and by sticking their collective heads in the sand.

‘HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING?’ they will wail, uncontrollably.

‘WHAT THE F**K IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE WHO LIKE HIM?’ they will howl into each other’s kale salads. Big Grin

‘THIS IS THE END OF PLANET EARTH!’ they will sob, in their normal understated manner.

All of which will be music to the ears of Trump, a man who absolutely revels in liberal hysteria because he knows it works for him, as this new poll proves.

The more Trump-bashers scream abuse at and about him, the more it fires up his base – and indeed, the more it fires up Trump himself.

After all, at his heart, the President’s a street-fighting New Yorker who loves a good scrap.

And in two weeks time, he may deliver the biggest knockout punch of his presidency.

Until recently, it was widely assumed the Republicans would lose control of the House of Representatives in the midterm elections.

It was being depicted as a ‘damning referendum on Trump’ and historically, most presidents – like Obama - take a whack in the midterms.

But now, I’m not so sure.

In fact, I’d say there’s a very good chance the Republicans will hang onto the House, as well as the Senate, and Trump will move on empowered and emboldened to what could very well be an even bigger win in 2020.

Why is this happening?

Well first, the US mainstream media has become the boy that cried wolf.

Their constant collective outrage over every tiny thing Trump says, tweets or does – much of it driven by commercial self-interest - has had the inevitable effect of diluting the impact of that outrage.

Barely a week goes by without some supposed new ‘Trump crisis’ fuelling wall-to-wall cable news coverage and dire predictions of impeachment or even jail time for the President.

Yet within a few days, each ‘administration-threatening scandal’ dissolves into a giant nothing-burger.

Liberal celebrities are just as bad, relentlessly shrieking away on social media about their hatred for Trump – seemingly oblivious to the fact that nobody cares any more. We just assume all celebrities hate him because they think it’s ‘cool’ to do so.

The effect of this endless hysterical cacophony, as I have repeatedly warned, has been to make Trump ever more popular with his base and with the GOP.

More significantly, as this poll suggests, it’s also begun to move moderates with no particularly animated view of Trump more to a place of tolerating him.

And that’s terrible news for the Democrats, because their only game plan with Trump is to abuse him and rely on mockery and sneering as an election strategy.

It’s the same flawed, arrogant and elitist mentality that led to Hillary Clinton branding Trump supporters ‘a basket of deplorables’ in a speech that I still believe did more than anything else to lose her the election.

I look at the Democrats today and see a Party that’s learned absolutely nothing about how to beat Trump.

And I see a President who’s growing stronger by the day.

Trump’s become a political Godzilla, crushing everyone who dares challenge him and bulldozing his way through an agenda that is beginning to pay real dividends.

In less than two years, Trump’s got two nominees onto the Supreme Court, entrenching a Conservative majority.

He’s slashed taxes, and regulations – sparking a boom in the US economy that shows no sign of stopping, a surge in jobs and record low unemployment.

Trump’s forged a peaceful dialogue with North Korea, launched a trade war with China that many think is long overdue, withdrawn from the obviously flawed Iran nuclear deal and Trans-Pacific Partnership, forced Mexico and Canada to update NAFTA, bullied NATO countries into paying their bills, and bombed ISIS out of Iraq and Syria.

He’s also clamped down hard on illegal immigration.

As I write this, a ‘caravan’ of more than 7,000 Central American migrants – most of them from Honduras - is moving towards the Southern border.

They intend trying to enter the United States illegally.

It’s hard to think of a more powerful image to vindicate Trump’s much criticized demand for a new ‘Wall’, isn’t it?

As he tweeted: ‘Full efforts are being made to stop the onslaught of illegal aliens from crossing our Southern Border… The Caravans are a disgrace to the Democrat Party. Change the immigration laws NOW!’

Trump clearly believes this caravan will help Republicans in the midterms, and so do I. Expect to see the President down on that border very soon, playing Mr Tough Guy.

The combined effect of all these ‘wins’ – obviously this is a subjective word if you’re a Democrat - is that Trump enters this election in an increasingly dominant position as a President who is doing exactly what he said he’d do.

I also think he’s a President who’s beginning to really enjoy himself.

When I saw him several months ago for an interview aboard Air Force One, I was struck by how relaxed and confident he seemed.

He exuded an air of someone who’d worked out how Washington works – or rather, doesn’t! – and how to play the broken, highly partisan system to his advantage.

As for Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian collusion, all the signs suggest this may soon deliver a massive damp squib.

Of course, Trump remains a hugely divisive and polarising figure with a penchant for flying loose with the truth and heavy on the inflammatory rhetoric.

But love him or loathe him, there is no denying that he’s winning.

So once again, I can only advise the Democrats to stop their ridiculously self-defeating state of perpetual Trump outrage and work out how they’re actually going to beat him.

Because right now, Trump’s kicking your a**. "

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Every once in a while this guy has an extreme moment of clarity and really knocks it out of the park!

PIERS MORGAN: The media hates him, Hollywood hates him but every hysterical piece of abuse they throw at him just makes Trump stronger and now the Democrats are heading for a midterms disaster

Passing strange that I find myself praying that Piers Morgan is right.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If he sends a heavy military to the border, it may interfere with cartel business. Cartels would stop the caravan

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
If he sends a heavy military to the border, it may interfere with cartel business. Cartels would stop the caravan

That's a great point I never thought of.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump rally for Ted Cruz starts at approx. 730 pm ET

To be carried live here

https://theconservativetreehou...estream/#more-155740

some preliminaries being broadcast now

Ted Cruz speaking 745pm

President Trump 758pm

President Trump announces a new 10% tax cut for middle income tax payers

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
quote:

Tony.

It really is, I wish I'd thought of it. I figured the cartels would use these people to mule the drugs into the USA.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
quote:

Tony.

Rewind to 1985. When DEA Special Agent Enrique "Kiki" Camarena disappeared (kidnapped in Mexico and presumed dead, but his body had not yet been found) then-Commissioner of Customs Willy von Raab and his INS counterpart effectively "shut down" the border to encourage Government of Mexico "cooperation" with the investigation. After a few days of "100%" inspections of everything crossing the border, Camarena's tortured body was, wonder of wonders, "discovered" in a rural area. It was apparent that he had been tortured, murdered,and buried elsewhere, then exhumed and moved when it became apparent that OTHER cartels would suffer until he was found.

Fast-forward to today. Not only would the modern cartels and their EXCEPTIONALLY violent "contractors" quickly put a stop to the root cause of their potential inability to cross the border, but Mexican officials-- and particularly their spouses, who very much enjoy being able to shop and bank in the United States-- would tolerate the inconvenience for about ten minutes before kicking everything Central American all the way back to their OWN southern border (a southern border, BTW, which is far more brutally controlled by the GOM than anything we could ever devise or tolerate here.)

I'm for this plan. All freakin' in. Lock down the ports of entry and post troops every ten yards between POEs. They'll cry "Uncle!" first.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Bump for Trump.
Houston Cruz campaign speech was amazing.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/J8TuYK_awow

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That was a great video side-shot. That Marine, at 80 years old is rock solid. What a great man ! And Our President, he never misses a beat. All those names, all those details, a man of excellence. Great job Marine and perfect presentation Mr. President.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Trump TROLLING and TAUNTING the SHIT out of the Left/Media with his “yes, I’m a Nationalist!” thing!

I love it! Big Grin

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:

Notice when the President introduces his name and the crowd stands up to clap/cheer, the President steps back - a sign of respect and acknowledgement it's about the Sargent Major. Also after he puts the ribbon around his neck, he pats him on the back - a silent thank you.

Thank you Sargent Major and God Bless President Trump.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:

Notice when the President introduces his name and the crowd stands up to clap/cheer, the President steps back - a sign of respect and acknowledgement it's about the Sargent Major. Also after he puts the ribbon around his neck, he pats him on the back - a silent thank you.

Thank you Sargent Major and God Bless President Trump.

What a beautiful and respectful ceremony.

I'll repeat - Thank you Sargent Major and God Bless President Trump.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...outsourcing-program/

President Donald Trump’s deputies have announced they will soon cancel the work permits which were awarded to 100,000 foreign visitors under a controversial outsourcing program created by President Barack Obama.

Many U.S. graduates have already lost jobs and salaries because the federal government allows U.S. companies to outsource their jobs to a low-wage workforce of roughly 1.5 million imported college-graduates. The foreign workers — nearly all of whom are Indian or Chinese — get their work permits via several visa programs, including the H-1B and L-1 visa programs.

Most Americans had no idea Obama had given work permits to the spouses and children of foreigners on H1B visas. The work permits to over 100,000 spouses of H1B foreigners was done quietly by an Executive Order. It became very apparent in 2016 that something had changed as it became very noticeable that laid off American co-workers were having a very hard time finding another job. During this time there were many reports of Americans training their foreign H1B replacements. These types of reports should have prompted an Executive Order to protect the American training their foreign replacements, not reward the spouses of the foreigners on H1B visas with work permits.

The program is called the H4EAD program because it provides Employment Authorization Documents to people who get H4 visas, which are allocated to the spouses of H-1B visa-workers who have won initial approval to become immigrants.

Foreign visa-workers are usually willing to accept very low wages for middle-class jobs in the United States because the pay and working conditions are better than they can get in their home country. Also, many of the visa workers work for cheap to get the hugely valuable deferred-compensation bonus of government-gifted citizenship for themselves, their families, chain-migrant relatives and all of their descendants.