SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I bet Elizabeth Warren thought she was at the very beginning of a 2 year run for President. She hasn't even officially declare her candidacy, but it is now game over 48 hours into her run. I am sure it will take her a while to figure out she has lost and what just hit her, just like Hillary is still trying to figure that out.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
I bet Elizabeth Warren thought she was at the very beginning of a 2 year run for President. She hasn't even officially declare her candidacy, but it is now game over 48 hours into her run. I am sure it will take her a while to figure out she has lost and what just hit her, just like Hillary is still trying to figure that out.

Imagine if this poor of management skills were applied to the presidency. Same with shillary.

Fauxahontas imagined she was verifying native American lineage when she actually verified having none. Hard to imagine having this level of lack of judgement as an adult, let alone a senator.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Nice two-fer. "Spreading Bull" meets Nike.

#MeSioux #Pocahonky #Pretendian

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mueller ready to deliver core findings on Trump probe after midterms

Oh, gee, that's a puzzler, ain't it? Now why would this fraud want to wait until after the midterms? Could it be that he didn't find jack shit? Gee, it' a puzzler for sure. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Oh, gee, that's a puzzler, ain't it? Now why would this fraud want to wait until after the midterms? Could it be that he didn't find jack shit? Gee, it' a puzzler for sure. Roll Eyes

I thought the same. Sure would be a tragedy if it leaked...

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
quote:

I thought the same. Sure would be a tragedy if it leaked...

Yes...truly a tragedy. Smile

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“The U.S. economy sits atop of the World Economic Forum's annual global competitiveness survey for the first time since the 2007-2009 financial crisis, benefiting from a new ranking methodology this year, the Swiss body said on Tuesday.

The U.S. beat off Singapore, Germany, Switzerland and Japan, the other top four markets, with a score of 85.6 out of 100, the report said, due to its 'vibrant' entrepreneurial culture and 'strong' labor market and financial system.

The last time the U.S. topped the list was 2008.

The WEF said it was too early to factor in how the Trump administration's recent trade policies would affect its ranking…”

Re, last paragraph: Will be positive as President Trump negotiates better trade deals for us.

https://dailym.ai/2PH4Tgh

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:

It’s obviously because he’s such a stand up kinda guy and doesn’t want to influence the election. And by stand up I mean a comedian, just without the haha.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
As Hillary Clinton arrived at a fund raiser for DEM Sen Menendez, her vehicle hit a large post.

video at link.

She looks so pathetic.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/...-hillary-arrives.php

Menendez is feeling a little heat, so Schumer has dumped $3 mil from the DEM Senate Majority PAC to help Menendez.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...ndicted-bob-menendez

Menendez used his office to run an ugly racket with a wealthy ophthalmologist and political fundraiser named Salomon Melgen. The senator provided visas for the foreign girlfriends of the donor. The donor provided the senator rounds of golf at exclusive clubs, flights on private jets, and hotels in Paris. These good times were not destined to last, however.

The Department of Justice indicted both Menendez and Melgen, charging them with bribery, fraud, and lying to federal investigators. For his part, Melgen was sentenced to 17 years in prison. Menendez avoided hard time thanks to a hung grand jury last November.

Now, Republican challenger Bob Hugin, has been relitigating those charges. Just recently, the Republican accused the Democrat of using Melgen’s private jet to arrange rendezvous with underage girls in the Dominican Republic. He points to charges leveled by the Obama Department of Justice

Three weeks out, Menendez’s lead has narrowed to seven points. Significant but uncomfortable in a state like New Jersey, that margin is enough to make Schumer nervous.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Rasmussen Reports has their generic congressional poll out today and find it's tied again.

http://www.rasmussenreports.co...ssional_ballot_oct17

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.6953bc18f543

Democrats’ treatment of Kavanaugh was depraved. America won’t reward them at the polls.

Case in point is Tennessee

Just a few weeks ago, analysts thought that control of the U.S. Senate was in play this November and that momentum was shifting to the Democrats. Thanks to their brutal campaign of character assassination against now-Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh, those chances appear to be slipping away.

Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn was struggling in her Senate race against popular former Democratic governor Phil Bredesen. In mid-September — after the first Kavanaugh confirmation hearings — a CNN poll showed Blackburn trailing by five points

But as the ferocity of the attacks on Kavanaugh grew, so did Blackburn’s poll numbers.

after Kavanaugh was finally confirmed amid scenes of angry protesters banging on the doors of the Supreme Court, a New York Times poll showed Blackburn leading by 14 points. That is a shift of 19 points in one month.

Bredesen clearly saw the impact the Kavanaugh fiasco was having on his support among Republican voters he needed to win, because he tried to cauterize the bleeding by coming out at the last moment in support of Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

But while his endorsement did not mollify angry Republicans, it enraged many of his Democratic supporters. The super PAC Priorities USA said it would not support Bredesen, while MoveOn announced, “We’re cancelling a planned six-figure digital video ad expenditure for Phil Bredesen in Tennessee due to his Kavanaugh position.” Campaign volunteers have reportedly been bolting from his campaign.

Among vulnerable Democrats, it looks as if Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) is a goner. After the Kavanaugh hearings, her Republican opponent’s lead expanded from four to 12 points

races have shifted toward Republicans in Texas, Nevada and Arizona — the states other than Tennessee where Democrats have pinned their hopes for flipping GOP-held seats.

There are three weeks before Election Day, so a lot could still happen. But if Democrats fail to take the Senate, they can thank their horrific treatment of Kavanaugh for what would amount to a double defeat — securing a conservative majority not only on the Supreme Court but in the Senate as well. If so, they richly deserve it

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that the lack of polls regarding individual congressional house races in the MSM points to the news not being especially good for Democrats.

If there was good news for the Democrats, we'd be hearing about it.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
It seems to me that the lack of polls regarding individual congressional house races in the MSM points to the news not being especially good for Democrats.

If there was good news for the Democrats, we'd be hearing about it.

On top of that, I believe that a good rule of thumb is that if a poll shows a dem up by 10 points, in most areas that means the race is a dead heat. If it shows a repub up by 5, add 10 to it.

For what the polls have shown in the last 5 years that seems to hold true.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Just in case you wonder if Elizabeth Warren ever took advantage of her "Indian heritage",

This is from Oct 1996 "The Harvard Crimson"

https://www.thecrimson.com/art...y-lacking-at-hls-pa/

Survey: Diversity Lacking At HLS

A majority of Harvard Law School students are unhappy with the level of representation of women and minorities on the Law School faculty, according to a recent survey.

Of 71 current Law School professors and assistant professors, 11 are women, five are black, one is Native American and one is Hispanic, said Mike Chmura, spokesperson for the Law School.

Although the conventional wisdom among students and faculty is that the Law School faculty includes no minority women, Chmura said Professor of Law Elizabeth Warren is Native American .

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Elizabeth Warren Cookbook Pow Wow Chow is no longer available from Amazon.

Fuck. Guess we'll have to order a pizza tonight. Frown

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Arsenic and Old Lace?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
back on pg 263 is a Sen Grassley ltr about a hearing today for six judicial nominees.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...al-nominees-n2529388

Every Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee boycotted a hearing Wednesday for six of President Trump’s judicial nominees.

Sen. John Kennedy of Louisiana (R-LA) chaired the sparsely-attended hearing Wednesday in place of Grassley and Sens. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), Mike Crapo (R-ID), and Ben Sasse (R-NE) were also present.

Allison Jones Rushing to be United States Circuit Judge for the Fourth Circuit

Thomas P. Barber to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of Florida

Wendy Williams Berger to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of Florida

Corey Landon Maze to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Alabama

Rodney Smith to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of Florida

T. Kent Wetherell II to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Florida

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Nice. Keep on Trucking. Or should I say, keep on Trumping.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post