SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 7/16/18

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia

TOPICS:

STRZOK HEARING

- Thoughts on the Strzok hearing last week

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Gorka really should have tried to shame that reporter about pretending to quote the indictment. He should have hammered and hammered on the point until the idiot cut the interview.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I really wish someone would tell this clown to STFU already! Mad

Via Twitter:

quote:

John O. Brennan

@JohnBrennan
1h1 hour ago

Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of “high crimes & misdemeanors.” It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Ok, so the Twitterverse is all up-in-arms over something Trump did or did not do, but all I'm seeing is expressions of outrage. Nobody actually saying what it is they're all in a tizzy about. So: Anybody have any clue what new evil it is the Trumpster is claimed to have done this time?

Disregard. Got it. Finally. Ok, so, yeah: Not the best choice of words. Something more along the lines of "I have my doubts, but I'm taking the man at his word" would perhaps have been better. But for Christ's sake: "Treason?" These people truly are off the reservation.

Personally, he should never have painted himself into a corner by promising to ask. What would have been wiser, in my opinion, would have been to tell Putin something like "My people say you did. You claim you did not. I don't know for sure who's right, but, if you did, please don't do it any more or we can't be friends."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, a quick peek at CNN’s site has them absolutely foaming at the mouth because he had an opportunity to “stare Putin down” over their election meddling and instead said both countries are to blame, and then he tossed Meuller under the bus, where he belongs. The tone of the article I perused was absolutely aghast and shocked.

It’s just more of their “Russia, Russia, Russia!” tantrum.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
John Brennan is so unbalanced, so clearly unstable, that he represents a real threat to nat'l security.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, these people are not the POTUS and they do not call the shots, so, tough fucking shit, k?

It doesn't matter what the man does. No matter what he does, they'll bitch to high Heaven, so fuck every last one of these pissy little bitches.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Ok, so the Twitterverse is all up-in-arms over something Trump did or did not do, but all I'm seeing is expressions of outrage. Nobody actually saying what it is they're all in a tizzy about. So: Anybody have any clue what new evil it is the Trumpster is claimed to have done this time?

Disregard. Got it. Finally. Ok, so, yeah: Not the best choice of words. Something more along the lines of "I have my doubts, but I'm taking the man at his word" would perhaps have been better. But for Christ's sake: "Treason?" These people truly are off the reservation.

Personally, he should never have painted himself into a corner by promising to ask. What would have been wiser, in my opinion, would have been to tell Putin something like "My people say you did. You claim you did not. I don't know for sure who's right, but, if you did, please don't do it any more or we can't be friends."

After the elections, he can be more flexible.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Damn straight. There’s literally not one thing the man could do that wouldn’t send them into a fucking tizzy. The two articles I browsed on CNN didn’t even read like they were on a news site, it read like some seething nerd’s deadjournal or something.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
John Brennan is so unbalanced, so clearly unstable, that he represents a real threat to nat'l security.

He's a documented communist who should have never been allowed to join an intelligence agency, much less run it. Talk about Soviet interference...

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Liberal filmmaker Rob Reiner's 'Shock and Awe' disappoints at box office with dismal opening weekend

Liberal filmmaker Rob Reiner’s Bush administration-bashing “Shock and Awe” was a disappointment during its debut weekend with an embarrassing box office intake.

“Shock and Awe” grossed only $41,000 on its opening weekend after being shown in only 100 theaters, according to Box Office Mojo. “Shock and Awe” finished No. 34 overall, behind numerous movies that have already been in theaters for several weeks, according to the service. Reiner’s film lost to other movies that were played in a limited number of theaters, including “Eighth Grade,” which was shown in only four theaters but managed to gross $252,284, according to the site.

< snip >

BWAHHAAAHHHHAAAAAHHHHH!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I've just read Putin personally told Trump that Russia did not meddle in the 2016 election. Trump accepted Putin's assurances and dismissed any fake news from our intelligence agencies suggesting Russia would do anything to undermine our electoral process. Even in the 1 in 1,000,000 chance the Russians tried to poison the well I don't give a shit as our guy won.

Posts: 628 | Registered: September 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I[QUOTE]
John O. Brennan

@JohnBrennan
1h1 hour ago

Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of “high crimes & misdemeanors.” It was nothing short of treasonous...blahblahblah

I gleaned two things from this tweet:

1. The Deep State really exists, Brennan proved it today.

2. Brennan himself is either a main character in the Deep State, or is in fact the head of it.

By the way, I chuckled at Sebastian Gorka's well-chosen quote from "Casablanca", but I highly doubt the fool he was talking to even caught it. Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I[QUOTE]
John O. Brennan

@JohnBrennan
1h1 hour ago

Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of “high crimes & misdemeanors.” It was nothing short of treasonous...blahblahblah

I gleaned two things from this tweet:

1. The Deep State really exists, Brennan proved it today.

2. Brennan himself is either a main character in the Deep State, or is in fact the head of it.

By the way, I chuckled at Sebastian Gorka's well-chosen quote from "Casablanca", but I highly doubt the fool he was talking to even caught it. Big Grin

Brennan voted for the Communist Party candidate Gus Hall for president in 1976.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

Not any more. But, yeah: I think he's out to lunch.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, what I believe I heard comrade Putin say this morning, translated and reading very much between the lines, was that the Russian Federation would be glad to cooperate with the Mueller investigation according to existing treaty agreements, and invited committee members to the party (so to speak) in Moscow to participate in the interrogation of Soviet citizens accused of crimes in America and requested for extradition. As long as Russia has the reciprocal right to request extradition and interrogation of American citizens suspected of money-laundering, illegal business practices and other hanky-panky in Russia, contrary to Russian law, associated with transactions involving (possibly) uranium and a certain political party. Perhaps the Soviet proceedings could be leaked now that the door is open. The plot certainly does thicken, since I suspect the proof on one side is more substantial than the no-longer-existing hacked server proof on the other. My, my....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to tweet to Brennan The Red that at least Trump never voted for a communist.

That man is a traitor in the purest sense of the word. The only justice for him comes at the end of a rope. Too bad ot will never happen.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
During the reception of President Trump by Her Majesty The Queen, at 3:58 and again at 8:58 in the video below, the Grenadier Guards Band played the theme from Band of Brothers.

Yup...all good stuff. Not to pick nits, though, the music at 3:58 is the theme from "The Pacific", the "other Band of Brothers". Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post