SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
The video shows acts of stupidity. Nobody needs more acts of stupidity.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
The video shows acts of stupidity.

the video IS an act of stupidity. Violent stupidity unable to differentiate between common stupidity and political humor.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
quote:
The video shows acts of stupidity.

the video IS an act of stupidity. Violent stupidity unable to differentiate between common stupidity and political humor.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you saying it's bad to show the extreme views of your opponents to a wider audience?

Posts: 8958 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I misunderstood jstex56's meaning. I don't know if "hardball like this" refers to making more videos illustrating stupidity or to performing acts similar to those demonstrated in the video.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
Perhaps I misunderstood jstex56's meaning. I don't know if "hardball like this" refers to making more videos illustrating stupidity or to performing acts similar to those demonstrated in the video.

I did mean that we need more videos like this exposing the true nature of America hating left.

Posts: 89 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 07, 2012Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jstex56:
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:

I did mean that we need more videos like this exposing the true nature of America hating left.

I agree. This is something that's great for showing how nutty they are. They could have included more in my opinion.

The other side does it, only they'll snag clips that show snapshots out of context...like children in cages, or a few clowns with tiki torches...or just straight up falsehoods. The left eats that shit up even if they know it's fake...Facts be damned.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
What the hell are you talking about? Are you saying it's bad to show the extreme views of your opponents to a wider audience?

let me rephrase: the video shows acts of stupidity both political and under the mantra of humor and 'freedom of expression'.

About damn time stupid acts of violence are used to illustrate expression of political differences. IMHO.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
The Hollywood Casting couch has been replaced by a Fausting couch.

Faust, an entertainer, sold his soul in exchange for success.

Now, the industry big wigs force others to kiss their leftist ring – not an improvement to what others had to kiss before.

A zombie-like illness is causing the left to attack those not of their derangement.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
More winning.

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFed.../1011983445197774853

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Looks like Justice Kennedy is retiring.

Even more winning!!!

Thank God DJT won. Could you imagine two Clinton picks. Eek

Justice Anthony Kennedy announces retirement, giving Trump 2nd Supreme Court pick

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I know there is already a list of potential replacements - I hope one is nominated very soon and it gets through the system before November

Actually, having a replacement ready and waiting for a hearing on July 31 would be awesome

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Now if we could just get Ginsburg to go.....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Looks like Justice Kennedy is retiring.

Even more winning!!!

Thank God DJT won. Could you imagine two Clinton picks. Eek

I don't believe Kennedy would have retired willingly if we had a president Clinton.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I don't believe Kennedy would have retired willingly if we had a president Clinton.

No, but Ginsberg would have.

Posts: 8958 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
GOP compromise immigration bill defeated on House floor

A sprawling, compromise GOP immigration bill that would have provided a path to citizenship for young illegal immigrants while directing $25 billion for the construction of President Trump’s border wall failed in the House on Wednesday, despite encouragement from the president for Republicans to support it.

The bill was overwhelmingly rejected 301-121, in part because some Republicans are reluctant to vote for any bill they worry could be portrayed as “amnesty.”

More than 100 Republicans voted against the legislation.

Earlier Wednesday, the president called for Republicans to pass the “strong but fair immigration bill,” saying that “passage will show that we want strong borders & security while the Dems want open borders.”

After months of trying to bridge the chasm between moderates and conservatives and two postponed votes, House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., labeled the legislation "a great consensus bill" and tried putting the best face on the likely outcome.

"What we have here is the seeds of consensus that will be gotten to, hopefully now but if not, later," he told reporters Tuesday.

But on Friday, Trump initially suggested he was giving up trying to get a bill approved before the election, saying a "red wave" is needed to pass an immigration bill in Congress.

“Republicans should stop wasting their time on Immigration until after we elect more Senators and Congressmen/women in November,” Trump tweeted. “Dems are just playing games, have no intention of doing anything to solves this decades old problem. We can pass great legislation after the Red Wave!”

Wednesday's vote caps months of futile GOP efforts to pass wide-ranging legislation on an issue that could color scores of congressional races in this fall's contest for House and perhaps Senate control. The Senate rejected three proposals in February, including one reflecting Trump's hardline policies and two bipartisan plans.

The Republican compromise voted on Wednesday would have provided a shot at citizenship for hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought illegally to the U.S. as children. It would provide $25 billion for Trump to build his coveted wall with Mexico, restrict family-based immigration and bar the Homeland Security Department from taking migrant children from parents seized crossing into the country without authorization.

Leaders had been adding eleventh-hour provisions aimed at winning votes. One would make it easier for migrant farmworkers to stay longer in the country, the other would gradually require companies to use an electronic database to verify their employees' U.S. citizenship.

But those amendments didn't remove the key stumbling block -- the reluctance by conservatives to back legislation helping people who arrived illegally become citizens. Many Republicans deride that plan as amnesty for lawbreakers, a potential attack line their next primary challenger could wield against them.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-on-house-floor.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Damn good thing we got Gorsuch in.

We need a couple more of the liberal justices to die off.

How much longer can RBG hang on?

RBG was born March, 1933, so only 85 years old. OTOH, she’s been reported to nod off on the bench.

I could’ve added that my next-door neighbor is 101, and walks more than a mile most days to shop for groceries. Occasionally his young 80-something wife goes instead. He looks to be in better shape than RBG though.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

No, but Ginsberg would have.
Not so sure. I read on another thread that she said she wouldn't retire while Obama was in office just to insure a liberal replacement.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Does Gorsuch have a twin brother?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Smile

that would be nice

or you can appoint me, and I'll make sure the Constitution is upheld

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post