SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
press briefing by Mike Pompeo about the talks w NK

https://youtu.be/Lo1zPLrrVog

"It's the case that in each of those two countries, there are only two people that can make decisions of this magnitude. And those two people are going to be sitting in a room together."

Press once again displays a negative message in the face of an opportunity to write something positive into the history books. Pompeo handles them very well.

posted Hide Post
Something not mentioned by Mr Little Potato:

In case you are wondering to potato is.

Versus China's name for Trump

Author M.A. Rothman summs it up best.

quote:
M.A. Rothman
4 hrs ·
In the US, the media fawns over Justin Trudeau, while they loathe Donald Trump.

I find it interesting how the Chinese see them: Trudeau is known as the little potato, and Trump is either the Grand Commander or Donald the Strong.

Hmm.

Oh, and for the first time ever, a US President is sitting for negotiations across from a North Korean leader, both in ending the Korean War and denuclearizing the peninsula.

Tell me again how Trump is going to be an embarrassment for the US in our foreign relationships.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Here is DeNiro saying "Fuck Trump!" at the Tony's (whatever they are) and receiving a standing ovation.

https://variety.com/2018/legit...mp-tonys-1202839957/

This is how disconnected the elites are from the rest of us-- as arrogant and disconnected as the coiffed, powdered, primped 18th C French aristocracy.

Fuck DeNiro. Fuck 'em all.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

I think 9am Singapore will be 9pm tonight EDT

posted Hide Post
Too bad about DeNiro. I liked him as an actor.
He is now in the same bin with Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Barbra Streisand, the NFL, and a few others that I will never again spend a penny to see and will change the channels when any reference of any sort is made to them.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
He is now in the same bin with Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Barbra Streisand, the NFL, and a few others that I will never again spend a penny to see and will change the channels when any reference of any sort is made to them.

He's old enough and rich enough not to care if he alienates half his audience/fans.
I never understood why anyone in the entertainment business talks about Politics aka promotes their views (right or left albeit most all are leftists).
Yes, their right but bad business.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Succeeding US-NK summits in July and Sept. would help us in the midterm elections. Of course the libs will declare failure, no matter the outcome.

“Kim Jong Un has invited Donald Trump to visit Pyongyang for a second summit in July, it has been reported.

The North Korean leader extended the invite in a letter that was hand-delivered to Trump in the White House earlier this month by emissary Kim Yong Chol.

If talks go well the July summit could be followed by another meeting in Washington scheduled for September, South Korean media says…”

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...mit-North-Korea.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:

He's old enough and rich enough not to care if he alienates half his audience/fans.
I never understood why anyone in the entertainment business talks about Politics aka promotes their views (right or left albeit most all are leftists).
Yes, their right but bad business.

He was a gifted actor early on, but he shot his load. Deer Hunter, Godfather, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver are all superb, and then he must have known that he just lost it, or wore it out, or something. In recent years he has made complete crap, embarrassing stuff like Bad Grandpa.

My guess is that he has turned that bitterness about his own career against Trump. So far as I know, he has not made a single substantive criticism of Trump or his policies. He gets up and like an angry 7th grader spews obscene insults.

Ultimately all this kind of stuff will propel Republicans to a sweep in November. Trump has an agenda, he is getting tremendous results (the economy, the summit going on right now to name two) and all the Democrats have is someone like this has-been actor yelling "Fuck Trump!"

Keep it coming DeNiro, Griffin, Bee, Colbert, keep at it MSNBC, CNN, NYT, keep sticking up for MS13, drug gangs, illegal aliens, higher taxes, all the while insulting Donald Trump. November can't get here fast enough for me.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Let's see, we have Robert DeNiro shouting "Fuck Trump!", Bill Maher openly wishing for the economy to tank so Trump can be removed, John Brennan tweeting to Europeans that Trump is an "aberration" and to bide their time...I'd say Trump is right on target!

I hope all these assholes keep talking, because all they are doing is to help Trump's reelection odds get better and better.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
They can't help themselves....their hate is digging such a deep hole, there's no point giving them a ladder.

I totally agree with PASig, keep the leftists talking about raising your taxes, hoping for nuclear war and that people lose their jobs....they can't run on anything else.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Let's see, we have Robert DeNiro shouting "Fuck Trump!", Bill Maher openly wishing for the economy to tank so Trump can be removed, John Brennan tweeting to Europeans that Trump is an "aberration" and to bide their time...I'd say Trump is right on target!

I hope all these assholes keep talking, because all they are doing is to help Trump's reelection odds get better and better.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Here's wishing President Trump good luck in the upcoming meeting with NK.

I think there's a good chance for serious progress, and I'm sure Trump believes that, too.
Otherwise he wouldn't have bothered.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I love the Obama people saying "IT TAKES 8 OR MORE MONTHS TO PREPARE FOR SUCH THINGS!!"

Oh, really? Is that how it went when Obama sat down with Kim? Oh, wait...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
a few weeks back I was at the local gunstore. A smallish shop. A customer walked in, retired NY cop, and then Louisa county Sherriff deputy here in the state of va. He was a Korean war vet, African American. "Never did care for Trump, Till Trump said he was going to sit down", was his comment and his war would be over.

They man was pushing 90, and was damn near in tears to hear his war might soon be over.

FPBO can go fuck himself.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I love the Obama people saying "IT TAKES 8 OR MORE MONTHS TO PREPARE FOR SUCH THINGS!!"

Oh, really? Is that how it went when Obama sat down with Kim? Oh, wait...
Don't be silly, that's how long they prepped for Iran. Wink

Legacy, and junk!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
WE’RE AMERICA, B*TCH’: OFFICIAL DESCRIBES THE TRUMP DOCTRINE

Trump administration officials contrasted their foreign policy doctrine with that of former President Barack Obama in a series of exchanges with Jeffery Goldberg of The Atlantic.

“The Trump Doctrine is, ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine,” a senior White House official told Goldberg, who published the exchanges Monday, explaining “Obama apologized to everyone for everything. He felt bad about everything,” adding that Trump “doesn’t feel like he has to apologize for anything America does.”

Another Trump associate told Goldberg, “There’s the Obama Doctrine, and the ‘Fuck Obama’ Doctrine,” adding. “We’re the ‘Fuck Obama’ Doctrine.” Obama famously gave Goldberg a lengthy interview near the end of his presidency in which he described his own doctrine as “Don’t do stupid shit” such as supporting the invasion of Iraq.

Obama often referenced this manta when critics castigated him for not attacking Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad for chemical weapons use despite promising to do so, and when attempting to reduce the U.S. military presence in Iraq and Syria.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06...-the-trump-doctrine/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Obama famously gave Goldberg a lengthy interview near the end of his presidency in which he described his own doctrine as “Don’t do stupid shit” ...

So that was Obama's "doctrine"? Don't do stupid shit? LOL

As I recall, doing "stupid shit" was his specialty.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 6/11/18

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia – discussed the latest leaks and Mueller investigation news

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
How long will it take for Kim Jong Un to conclude that the man sitting across from him is not Jimmy Carter?

American Spectator
Paul Kengor

North Korea has long been not merely a communist state but a Stalinist state. For 70 years, it has been a political-ideological horror show, a nation of persecuted people captive to a totalitarian monarchy. Each of the three Kims who have run this ideological asylum was schooled in propaganda, agitation, manipulation, and disinformation — a skill so distinctively Soviet that the USSR had a Department of Agitprop and a term for the craft: dezinformatsiya.

One of the most alarming examples of North Korean manipulation of a leader occurred 24 years ago this month, courtesy of granddaddy Kim Il Sung and ex-president Jimmy Carter.

In June 1994, Carter paid an unexpected, bizarre visit to North Korea. It was so unexpected and bizarre that Clinton officials were privately outraged that this previous Democratic president, notorious for his naïveté and foreign-policy failures, would self-appoint himself to represent the current Democratic president. Bill Clinton throughout his 1992 campaign strove to disassociate himself from Carter — that is, Carter the president, the style, the approach. The Carter catastrophe had been so bad that the likes of Clinton and Al Gore had formed the centrist Democratic Leadership Council to convince the electorate that Democrats were safe to elect again in the post-Carter era. Thus, for Carter to trot off to Pyongyang, ostensibly on behalf of the Clinton administration, really steamed the Clinton folks. One Clinton official referred to Carter as a “treasonous prick.”

Carter proceeded to negotiate an awful nuclear deal with North Korea, one that 22 years later literally culminated in a fiery explosion: the rogue regime’s first nuclear test.

Carter had been fully duped.

The degree to which Jimmy Carter was hoodwinked is hard to describe. Carter was hosted that June 1994 by Kim Il Sung, who died only four weeks later. Kim had lurched into an interminable fifth decade of leadership, terminating only after his visit with Carter. The South Koreans henceforth jokingly referred to Carter as the “angel of death.”

And yet, Jimmy Carter saw another kind of angel in North Korea: an angel of light, or at least something of an angel amid a blaze of light. Carter conveyed just that upon his return from Pyongyang in a startling series of statements celebrating his self-perceived diplomatic triumph. He reported that Kim was “vigorous, alert, intelligent” (again, Kim was near death). He was pleased by what he perceived as the dictatorial Kim engaging in “very free discussions with his ministers.” And though Kim spearheaded a militantly atheistic regime, which destroyed a people that had once been so religious that Pyongyang was referred to as “the Jerusalem of the East,” the born-again Georgian Baptist discerned a Kim “very friendly toward Christianity.”

Even that’s not an adequate presentation of the lengths of the North Korean manipulation of Jimmy Carter. Consider this breathtaking on-site report from Carter, apparently unaware of the Potemkin Village treatment he was getting:

People are busy. They work 48 hours a week…. We found Pyongyang to be a bustling city. The only difference is that during working hours there are very few people on the street. They all have jobs or go to school. And after working hours, they pack the department stores, which Rosalynn visited. I went in one of them. It’s like Wal-Mart in American stores on a Saturday afternoon. They all walk around in there, and they seem in fairly good spirits. Pyongyang at night looks like Times Square. They are really heavily into bright neon lights and pictures and things like that.
This is, of course, a shocking observation. As everyone knows, North Korea is a land of darkness. Satellite photos showa northern half of the Korean peninsula marked by black, in complete contrast to the southern half. And as for those bustling people of good cheer packed in Wal-Mart-like stores, the reality is that within one year of this ludicrous appraisal by Carter, 10-15% of the North Korean population (two to three million people) starved to death.

All of this is crucial information because it reflects on Jimmy Carter’s infamously poor judgment in nearly all matters of foreign policy, and especially to the deal he negotiated with the North Korean despot that June 1994. It came to be known as the “Agreed Framework,” and was billed as a momentous accomplishment that would freeze North Korea’s nuclear pursuit, in exchange for a hefty infusion of American cash. Carter assured the world that “the crisis is over” in North Korea — words headlined by the New York Times and Washington Post.

Needless to say, it was not over. And when President George W. Bush, saddled with the Agreed Framework, denounced the Kim regime as part of an “axis of evil,” Jimmy Carter protested. “I think it will take years before we can repair the damage done by that statement,” sniffed Carter.

Actually, it has taken years — no, decades — to try to repair the damage done by Jimmy Carter.

And that brings us to President Trump.

Donald Trump is obviously no Jimmy Carter. There’s no Carter-like gullibility in Trump. And there’s little justification for criticizing Trump on North Korea at this point; quite the contrary, he should only be praised for a striking diplomatic breakthrough so early in his presidency. Nary a member of the Washington elite could have conceived of a one-on-one sit-down between Donald J. Trump and Kim Jong Un in Singapore mere months after the former was insulting the latter at the United Nations. Recall that Trump not only mocked little Kim but threatened to “totally destroy” North Korea. This was deemed unhinged, incendiary, insane. It could launch World War III.

Nine months later, the president and the Rocket Man are sitting down in Singapore.

Trump has achieved far more in Reagan-like tough talk with an adversary than Carter achieved in FDR-like chummy accommodation with an adversary.

Trump must stick to a course of hard-headed realism. Little Kim can give the appearance of a jovial chap, a frumpy frat-boy, a smiling Panda Bear who’d be fun to swig beers with at an NBA game. Trump has a good time with people. He’ll probably like Kim. Kim will want to be liked, and will surely flatter Trump, which he knows Trump likes. (I was particularly concerned by Trump’s “He-likes-me!” attitude toward Vladimir Putin in 2016.) Nonetheless, the reality is that little Kim is a nasty man who initiated his reign by executing a military official with a mortar round and who dispatched two worker-women to assassinate his half-brother. It runs in the family; like father (and grandfather), like son.

There’s no reason to think that this Kim is any kinder than Jimmy Carter’s Kim. He could be an equally slick negotiator.

Yes, President Trump, seek a deal — but a good, shrewd deal. And above all, know who and what you’re dealing with.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://dailycaller.com/2018/06...orge-soros-go-wrong/

George Soros recently lamented the rise of President Trump and anti-establishment parties across the globe, saying “everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong.”

Well, he's not dead, so.... no.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
schedule for Singapore

local time / EDT

8 a.m. Tuesday / 8 p.m. Monday:
President Donald Trump departs Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, en route to Capella Singapore

8:20 a.m. Tuesday / 8:20 p.m. Monday:
President Trump arrives at Capella Singapore on Sentosa Island

9 a.m. Tuesday / 9 p.m. Monday:
President Trump participates in a greeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un

9:15 a.m. Tuesday / 9:15 p.m. Monday:
President Trump participates in a one on one bilateral meeting with Kim

10 a.m. Tuesday / 10 p.m. Monday:
President Trump participates in an expanded bilateral meeting with Kim

11:30 a.m. Tuesday / 11:30 p.m. Monday:
President Trump participates in a working lunch with Kim

4 p.m. Tuesday / 4 a.m. Tuesday:
President Trump participates in a media availability

6:30 p.m. Tuesday / 6:30 a.m. Tuesday:
President Trump departs Capella Singapore en route to Paya Lebar Air Base Singapore

6:50 p.m. Tuesday / 6:50 a.m. Tuesday:
President Trump arrives at Paya Lebar Air Base, Singapore

7 p.m. Tuesday / 7 a.m. Tuesday:
President Trump departs Paya Lebar Air Base, Singapore, en route to Guam with stops also in Hawaii and Joint Base Andrews in Maryland

8:25 a.m. Wednesday: President Trump arrives at the White House