SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Owner of stolen truck tracks thief using GPS, car thief is shot during confrontation
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Owner of stolen truck tracks thief using GPS, car thief is shot during confrontation Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
[Note: replaced originally posted article with a different one that included photos of the truck.]

The thief, apparently, ignored the stickers on the vehicle...at his own peril. Wink

It looks like a lot of rounds went through both the windshield and the truck body. I would assume those holes are from mostly incoming but I suppose some could be from outgoing.

Those rounds that went completely through the glass likely stopped somewhere else. Eek

===============

Owner of stolen car tracks down suspected thief and shoots him, police say

by KOMO Staff

Saturday, September 17th 2022

FEDERAL WAY, Wash. (KOMO) — Police in Washington state released new details about a shooting involving a stolen vehicle that sent one man to the hospital on Thursday evening.

Authorities said the shooting occurred at the Federal Way Crossings shopping center along Enchanted Parkway in Federal Way around 8:50 p.m. EDT.

Police said the owner of a vehicle that was stolen out of Tacoma used GPS to track it.

The owner, a 42-year-old Tacoma man, told police the suspect, a 29-year-old man, reportedly pointed a gun at him, so he shot the suspect.

The suspected car thief was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where he was in stable condition as of Friday morning.

Police said the owner of the vehicle was interviewed and released.

Police added it’s never a good idea to try to find a stolen car yourself.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
One way to get your truck back! Going to need a new windshield...

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Police added it’s never a good idea to try to find a stolen car yourself.

As a general rule, probably good advice, if you have insurance let it go...

Looking at the rear window, anyone should presume that the owner isn't one you want to mess with.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
As a general rule, probably good advice, if you have insurance let it go...

And get fucked out of the deductible?

The thief isn't worth the cost of the bullet.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Tacoma. Federal Way. Shocked, I tell you.

Sad story. That poor truck got all shot up and the shitbag survived.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
To bad the oxygen thief is still breathing

That truck might be his livelihood, don't blame him one bit for going after it

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Tacoma. Federal Way. Shocked, I tell you.

Sad story. That poor truck got all shot up and the shitbag survived.

Indeed.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

And get fucked out of the deductible?

The thief isn't worth the cost of the bullet.

He's still "fucked out of the deductible" but now it's just for glass instead of the whole vehicle.

Assuming he had full coverage that is. He might not which is what may have motivated him...

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post

Frown

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Assuming he had full coverage that is. He might not which is what may have motivated him...

Maybe he just hates fucking thieves.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
To bad the oxygen thief is still breathing

That truck might be his livelihood, don't blame him one bit for going after it

A horse by any other name...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Pics weren’t there when I first replied. I would not have stolen a truck with those window stickers. Bernie and Biden stickers, rainbow flags and such, sure. That one, no.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Interesting to see the wipers stopped mid-stroke...I'm wondering if it was raining at the time of the shooting and one or more rounds hit the wiper motor.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Pics weren’t there when I first replied. I would not have stolen a truck with those window stickers. Bernie and Biden stickers, rainbow flags and such, sure. That one, no.

It takes me a while to post from my phone, and I usually have to do it in stages.

I'm still chuckling over the sticker just to the bottom right of the slider. Guy has got a sense of humor. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I hate to sound like a broken record, but if the government isn't going to do their job and maintain order, which they clearly are not, don't be surprised when people get fed up and take care of things themselves. I expect to see more and more of this.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
It takes me a while to post from my phone, and I usually have to do it in stages.

Yeah, me too. It was just funny, the pictures definitely tell the rest of the story lol.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Life can be rough; get a helmet.

And learn to read the graffiti damnit! Lmao

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I wanna see photos of the perp.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I'm still chuckling over the sticker just to the bottom right of the slider. Guy has got a sense of humor. Wink

Here's a better view, and the back story.

Posts: 914 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I trade a part of my life to earn the money to buy things so yeah, my shit is more valuable than your life if you choose to make it that way.
I like to see people taking the initiative in fixing their own problems than farming it out to the insurance or police. More problems should be solved by the individual.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I trade a part of my life to earn the money to buy things so yeah, my shit is more valuable than your life if you choose to make it that way.

A thief is pretty much the same as a slaver. You labor to make/earn something and they just take it with no compensation, thus making you their slave.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post