SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hey Utah, Who's gonna win tomorrow?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Utah, Who's gonna win tomorrow? Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

This op-ed is essentially Mitt Romney's announcement that he intends to primary President Trump in 2020.

That's the same feeling that i got.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30435 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
McDaniel's maiden name is Romney; she is Mitten's niece and chair of the Republican National Committee.

And of course Smile ...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Romney has proven over and over he is a swamp creature, Governor of liberal state Massachusetts. He is just another RINO using the Republican Party to further an agenda of the establishment.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

This op-ed is essentially Mitt Romney's announcement that he intends to primary President Trump in 2020.

That's the same feeling that i got.

He can't seriously think anyone other than a bunch of people in Utah County will vote for him.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
He was a Loser once (When He had Barry Boy, on the ropes, He let him up)
He would never beat Trump, He's not smart enough.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8401 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a resident of Utah, I am deeply embarrassed that we elected Mitt.
I hope we can turn him into "Mia Love II".

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This guy can't catch a brain tumor fast enough. Another dimocrat in sheep's clothing.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Turns out Romney is a Flake, after all.

In the "even a stopped clock is right twice a day" category, Joy Behar believes Romney's op-ed is a sham. After all, Romney all but begged for a Trump Cabinet appointment.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Mitt is the asshole we thought he is. No one here in Utah is surprised.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

Fishy how he even got on the ballot. He had power brokers clearing the way for him and hedging up behind him. The fix was in.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:

Trump made a big mistake by endorsing him in the primary instead of Kennedy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Mittens craves attention like a guy who shows up at a sports bar wearing the other team's jersey.

^pretty much all of us today.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Somebody please tell me what place Romney has to criticize anyone? It's one thing to talk about doing a job, a whole other thing to actually do it. When was the last time Romney had a business or political job with that much responsibility without drawing a salary?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
quote:

Trump made a big mistake by endorsing him in the primary instead of Kennedy.

Trump though Mitt would play nice in reciprocity. But Mitt only serves Mitt. He is a snake in the grass and will do great damage to the country and Utah. We dun skrew'd the pooch.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Just as before, I'll vote against Mitt in the primary. If he wins the primary, so be it, I'll have to vote for him again. I will not vote for any Democrat, ever.

Kennedy was a great candidate. Too bad he wasn't the nominee.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
but "Utah" loves the man, perpetuated, I think, by a couple specific pieces of Mormon lore in the religion's culture here. He came to Utah because he knew it was the only place left that would get him back in an office. Why more people can't see through the bullshit, i don't know.

I was told the other day that, essentially, these "flip-flopping RINO"-type politicians are actually the GOOD politicians, because it means they're listening to their people - voting as their constituents want them to. That'd be more believable if he wasn't a career politician with a pretty good track record of getting and keeping political office through weight of name and a big-ass check book alone.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Poles are saying Romney wins. They also said Hilary would win. The fix is in though...the swamp wants Romney.

Career politicians irritate me. I hope there's a special place in Hell for them.

It's as wrong as wrong gets without being illegal, and it needs to stop.

Regular people should take breaks from their regular lives to spend a term or three at most in Government Service, in the true spirit of the notion. Then they should go back home like everyone else. No pensions or retirement benefits whatsoever, and far fewer perks, and no need to be perpetually campaigning or fund raising, just do the damn job people...

Serve your country, not yourself and your buddies. More like the military and other roles... The current method is terribly broken, and has given us a defacto Ruling Class and more, none of which is good. There is no need to be a professional politician, nor any benefit to America for the continued existence of the very concept much less the reality in D.C.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

Fishy how he even got on the ballot. He had power brokers clearing the way for him and hedging up behind him. The fix was in.

Yeah, The powers that he think he can beat Trump by running as a reach across the isle moral superior. I'm sure that Romney thinks he can bridge the gap between republicans and democrats by being a slick negotiator. They of course fail to realize that RINO's definition of negotiation is meeting the democrats halfway and then giving them everything while getting nothing in return. Mitt is a carpetbagger and can't be trusted with our 2nd amendment rights, healthcare, or any other damn thing. Today Mitt is his first day as a Senator representing the great state of Utah and I'm already tired of his crap.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a Mormon who lives in Michigan, a couple of Mitt's nephews are close friends of mine. Though I am not a Utah Mormon, and I see local Mormons ( most of whom are transplants from Utah and Arizona and Idaho) speak badly anout Pres Trump. They are ultimately virtue signalling, and are pissed of because we have Pres Trump who does not stick to the so-call "rules of social decorum" etc, etc. Essentially they are pissed because their goody-goody behavior has not made their boys, formerly Jeff Flake or now, Mitt R. become the President, so that he could impose his Mormon norms on everyone else.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I love this piece by John Nolte Smile

quote:
As the freshman senator from Utah, Mitt Romney is a long way from the presidency. That has to be especially tough on a two-time presidential loser with You-Know-Who sitting in the Oval Office, a guy who took the brass ring by doing the exact opposite of what you did.

My opinion of Mitt Romney has changed over the years. When he lost the Republican nomination to John McCain in 2008, I thought he was a classy guy with a future. When he lost the general election to Barack Obama in 2012, I thought he was a good man with a glass jaw. When he repeatedly got on his high horse to sabotage Donald Trump’s presidential campaign in 2016, I thought he was an opportunistic sleaze bag gorging on sour grapes and his own monstrously selfish sense of virtue.

But now, after reading his Washington Post jihad against Trump, I finally figured what Mitt Romney really is … an idiot.

Romney might have a high IQ, but he’s a political moron.

Let’s first dispel with the idea that Romney wrote this op-ed out of some pressing moral need to condemn Trump’s supposed indecency. Decent people don’t contribute to the far-left Washington Post, a news outlet that published a countless number of lies to sabotage Romney, that attacks the children of Republicans, that tells almost as many lies as CNN.

Secondly, decent people sure as hell do not then run to a blacklisting, violence-promoting gangster outfit like CNN to promote that op-ed, and do so specifically with a presidential-penis-obsessed serial liar like Jake Tapper, who is so gosh-darned virtuous he remained silent as his own audience booed a rape victim.

Oh, and let us never forget the series of fake news depth charges CNN dropped on Romney in 2012.

So why would Romney do such a thing? Why would Mr. Decency align himself with objectively indecent organizations and people?

And now we come to the part about Romney being a moron.

Just as his fellow moron John McCain believed in 2008, I think Romney actually believes two things…

1) Sucking up to the media by backstabbing the sitting Republican president is a path to another shot at the Oval Office.

2) When he does run for president again, the same media that relentlessly tarred him as a sexist, racist, plutocrat, job-killing corporate raider who tortures dogs, bullies gays, and gives women cancer, will appreciate him this time.

As far as number one, I think I speak for many Republican voters, including those who vigorously supported Romney in 2012, when I say kiss my ass. Screw you, you preening, backstabbing, undermining, half-witted peacock whose first official act as an incoming U.S. Senator is to sucker punch Trump, the man who not only endorsed you in Utah, but did so graciously after you launched a series of unhinged and very personal attacks against Trump during the 2016 campaign.

If Mitt Romney were on fire, I wouldn’t spit on him.

And then there’s number two, Romney the Vichy Republican betraying our president to the Washington Post and CNN and Tapper, the worst of the worst of the worst. “Tone deaf” doesn’t even begin to explain it.

Is there not a single one of Mitt Romney’s handlers who can see what is going on here? Are all of these so-called professionals so blinded by hate and arrogance that they truly cannot grasp how their boy is being played? Do they actually believe this siren song….?

"Dear Willard: We were so, so, so, so wrong about you in 2012, and we are so, so sorry. The Bad Orange Man has returned us to our senses and now we see that you are a pure and noble man who deserves to be president. So how does this sound… Let’s bury the hatchet, you come on over, and we’ll destroy Trump together and make you president!!!! XXXOOO, The Establishment Media

Although the rest of us can see the open maw of this trap from a mile away, this nitwit still hasn’t figured out that this charade is only about one thing — putting a Democrat back in the White House in 2020; and the best shot the media have of accomplishing that is if an insecure simpleton can be fooled into running a destructive primary campaign against Trump.

And this is the best part… Even if Romney were somehow able to win the 2020 (or even the 2024) Republican nomination, his cowardice has doomed him with a GOP base that will never-ever support a weasel who attacks Republicans with unbridled glee and has no stomach to go after Democrats.

In other words… Dear #GOPSmartSet: Past is prologue. My God, you people are stupid.

But that’s the least of it.

The media will then turn Willard the Noble into — you guessed it — a sexist, racist, plutocrat, job-killing corporate raider who tortures dogs, bullies gays, and gives a woman cancer.

Honestly, what kind of spineless, squealing little gerbil kisses up to the monsters who launched one audacious lie after another to aggressively destroy his presidential ambitions?

What kind of mewling, bitter, sore loser crybully allows himself to be used as a prop in the un-American campaign to overturn the 2016 presidential election through impeachment?

I’ll tell you what kind…

An idiot, a moron, a stupe, a sleazy stooge.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-romney-is-an-idiot/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post