SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Person who assaulted people at a Trump rally with a bike lock turns out to be a college professor who taught ethics
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Person who assaulted people at a Trump rally with a bike lock turns out to be a college professor who taught ethics Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
our justice system has been broken for a long time.....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11285 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have learned not to expect real justice in this life. I believe that kind justice is to come in front of a judge who cannot be escaped, cannot be deceived and can apply the proper balance of justice and mercy. This is not to say a pursuit of consequences sooner is an unworthy cause. I am just not so disappointed when it doesn't happen yet.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Link

Despite having a very solid case with video of the attacks, the prosecutors pled him out to one misdemeanor charge and he got 3 years of probation . No jail time.

Fucking infuriating. If the right were the riotng type like th eleft, Berkeley streets would be on fire right about now. But we're not the rioting type.

But this violence is only going to get worse if the thugs keeping getting a pass from the criminal justice system and encouragement from the commie politicians .

This ruling is permission for ANTIFA to beat anyone with opposing views and know the worst that will happen is a slap on the wrists for it.

This guy should have been convicted of felonies for the injuries that required hospitalization and battery for the ones that were treated in the field.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
If someone tracked him down and conked him three times on the top of his head with a bike lock, do you suppose that someone would walk with just probation?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
"If you want justice, don't go to court!"

I heard this from a divorce lawyer many years ago, and I always remember it when I see results such as this.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
So the little coward got a wink and a pass from the “judge”. I do hope justice is served sometime in his cockroach lifetime. We will see.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is not.

Sometimes, karma comes around, which is a form of justice not influenced by duty-shirking humans. I think that this guy has caused problems for himself which are not yet apparent and that have nothing to do with a formal court of law.

I certainly hope so.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
If the law doesn't get it done someone else probably will.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Would be nice to see the Feds go after this turd on hate crimes or other suitable statutes. Send both him, antifa, and libtard judges a message!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do what the lefties do. Sue his ass, one million per assault. Evidence to convict, even on a misdemeanor, is more than sufficient for a lawsuit. No, you won't get a million, but a hundred thousand per is not out of line, especially in California.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
So the little coward got a wink and a pass from the “judge”. I do hope justice is served sometime in his cockroach lifetime. We will see.

Cockroach, are you talking about the coward or the Judge?

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The "criminal justice" system is broken, and each time I read that government wants to reform it, I cringe. Because each reform has nothing to do with justice, and everything to do with reducing government costs. It is so bad now that people are committing 8-10 serious felonies with no real jail time.

The other day, a dude came at the cops with a knife screaming "I'll fucking kill you all". They tased him not once, not twice, but three times before they gained control of him. Just squeaked by without having to shoot him. He was arrested right before dark, he saw a judge a 9 the next morning, pled to 20 days, the 20 days conditionally discharged upon no further offenses for six months. At 10 o'clock he walked out a free man. Now, I expect he'll go back to his house and do it right the second time before the weekend is out. This time maybe they do shoot him because they have no choice. All the while he should have been in jail, or in a mental hospital.

This continual pattern of a two tiered justice system is going to be the thing that will ultimately lead to war. It will be the thing that starts a revolt against tyranny.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The "criminal justice" system is broken, and each time I read that government wants to reform it, I cringe. Because each reform has nothing to do with justice, and everything to do with reducing government costs. It is so bad now that people are committing 8-10 serious felonies with no real jail time.

The other day, a dude came at the cops with a knife screaming "I'll fucking kill you all". They tased him not once, not twice, but three times before they gained control of him. Just squeaked by without having to shoot him. He was arrested right before dark, he saw a judge a 9 the next morning, pled to 20 days, the 20 days conditionally discharged upon no further offenses for six months. At 10 o'clock he walked out a free man. Now, I expect he'll go back to his house and do it right the second time before the weekend is out. This time maybe they do shoot him because they have no choice. All the while he should have been in jail, or in a mental hospital.

This continual pattern of a two tiered justice system is going to be the thing that will ultimately lead to war. It will be the thing that starts a revolt against tyranny.

Your last sentence is a sobering truth. When people see no justice rendered, they will render it themselves.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Defense attorney, Daniel Siegel, is a well known civil rights lawyer who once ran for mayor of Oakland. He was an advisor to the former mayor of Oakland (the incompetent Jean Quan), however once the rioting escalated, quit the post and openly proclaimed his association with the Occupy and anti-1% movements.

From last year..

As for Clanton, there's strong rumor that he received the reductions by ratting out other Anti-Fa members and their TT&P's.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cockroach, are you talking about the coward or the Judge?

Yes.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Alameda County DA is a spineless hack who has a revolving door policy. Her primary opponent ran in a platform of not prosecuting misdemeanors at all. It’s a free for all out here as long as one looks a certain way or spouts the proper nonsense.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post