SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Three motorcyclist die on the Isle of Man
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three motorcyclist die on the Isle of Man Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
So far, that is.....

http://www.wheels24.co.za/BikesQuads...-week-20170608

Watch it on Youtube. Two wheels at 200+ MPH on twisting country roads...

tac

Posts: 11439 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Linky be broken Frown

ERROR 404
Page not found
We haven't been able to serve the page asked for

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, that's not unusual.

Posts: 9798 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What a shame when I think about what they could have accomplished with the rest of their lives....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
What a shame when I think about what they could have accomplished with the rest of their lives....

for a lot of these guys, this race IS what they want to accomplish with their lives. IIRC there's a cafe or resturant there owned by a family whos had two or three sons killed in the race, they hang their bikes from the ceiling.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
If there is one single sporting event I would want to win, that would be it. That is the apex in the culmination of balls and talent. Now if I just could convince my wife to let me get the endorsement........kids and all wont let that happen.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5178 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, they died, you know, doing what they loved, and that's what's important.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Idiots. I would rather die from old age after a long and productive life than die at age 25 "doing what I love." Roll Eyes

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Idiots. I would rather die from old age after a long and productive life than die at age 25 "doing what I love." Roll Eyes

Then the thing you love is a long, productive life. In the end you'll be just as dead.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is the apex in the culmination of balls and talent.

and luck

Posts: 3534 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I had a long response typed out but the short version is:

I ride because I love it. So did they.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15492 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How 'bout dying? Are they loving being dead? How about their families? Wives? Children? Are they loving it?

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:

for a lot of these guys, this race IS what they want to accomplish with their lives. IIRC there's a cafe or resturant there owned by a family whos had two or three sons killed in the race, they hang their bikes from the ceiling.

dafuq.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
After seeing this story played out countless times, two things are apparent:

People will continue to needlessly risk their lives for sport and for thrill, and these people will never acknowledge the utter stupidity of throwing away, say, 50 years of life for the sake of some little thrill, and I do mean never.

The ultimate gift of sustained consciousness, and these people throw it away- throw it away- over some Goddamned sport. Dead at 20-whatever. In my book, you're not brave, not heroic, not skilled in any way, you're not to be admired. You're just God-awful stupid and if you cannot recognize this gift you've been given, then go ahead and throw it away like a cheesburger wrapper.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are still savoring life.

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:

dafuq.

I tried to find the article with no luck. I definitely did read it somewhere, ill keep looking.

::edit::

looks like it was the Dunlops. Robert and Joey Dunlop, their sons still race too.

"Michael Dunlop (born 10 April 1989) is a Northern Irish professional motorcycle racer. Part of a motorcycle racing dynasty, Michael is the brother of William, son of the late Robert and nephew of former World Champion the late Joey Dunlop."

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Then the thing you love is a long, productive life. In the end you'll be just as dead.

Yeah, I know, Carpe Diem and all that. 200 years from now, we and everybody we know will be dead.

I just know that I am glad my father, for example, lived a good long life, dying at the age of 78 having seen his children, grandchildren, and even a great-grandson, instead of dying in his 20s doing some thrill-seeking adrenaline-junkie nonsense.

I support free will and peoples' rights to make their own choices; I just won't respect every choice people thusly make. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
it's their life, I can't tell anyone how to live it. None of us can. Why is it a waste if they die young doing something pretty awesome? No I don't idolize or even care much about this event but you know what, there are too many people on the planet already so why get upset about risk takers going out how they wanted to?

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5564 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It my understanding that the Isle of Man race is the most dangerous race of any type, in the whole world.
So no real surprise.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
Why is it a waste if they die young doing something pretty awesome?
Mind if I ask your age?

Funny- you say they can do what they want, but the people reacting to this STUPID shit in an honest manner are apparently not allowed to have those opinions, and if you have to ask what's wrong with dying in your twenties, man, I don't even know what to say to such a thing. You have got to be freaking kidding. You cannot be serious when asking what's wrong with ending your life one quarter or so of the way through its potential fullness!! Unreal!!