SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are we all using for digital TV antenna
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are we all using for digital TV antenna Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
I have found TV Fool to be a better option.

TV Fool is is no longer useful. It is woefully out-of-date and has been for some time. I just put my address in and the database date is listed as January, 2018. This matters because, since then, there's been another repack of the UHF channel assignments. Nearly every station in UHF has changed frequencies. Some are even now on VHF. Many stations have changed transmit power levels and/or relocated their transmitter antennas. Some have even ceased operation, rather than go to the expense of re-working transmitters and paying for the expense of new antennas. TV Fool shows none of the current frequency listings for my market, for example--other than the few stations that didn't move.

With the advent of "NextGen TV" (ATSC 3.0), TV Fool's database will become even more out-of-date as stations re-purpose their own transmitters to ATSC 3.0 and move their ATSC 1 transmissions to rented sub-channels on other transmitters. Some stations in some markets have done so already.

People on AVS Forum have tried to contact TV Fool's maintainer and heard nothing back.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
TV Fool is is no longer useful.

Well, I admit it has been a few years since I took down the old, huge, VHF/UHF everything antenna and set up my "HD" antenna (UHF and VHF high band only). Eliminating the VHF-low antenna elements really makes a difference in weight and bulk (wind load). At that time, at least, TV Fool was very helpful for aiming my new antenna.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10793 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post