SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Federal officers arrested for hazing victims using 'rape table'
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal officers arrested for hazing victims using 'rape table' Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
These are the people responsible for identifying terrorists. I think they are the terrorists in most cases.

Three Customs and Border Protection officers assigned to a specialized screening team at Newark Airport were arrested Wednesday for assaulting fellow officers, allegedly pinning the victims to what was known as a “rape table,” according to court records.

Tito Catota, Parmenio Perez and Michael Papagni are charged with forcibly assaulting, impeding, intimidating, and interfering with two men identified in court documents as “Victim One” and “Victim Two” while the victims were on duty as CBP officers.

The three officers and the alleged victims were part of the same unit that is involved in the identification and interception of passengers attempting to bring contraband into the United States or who might be associated with terrorist activity.

“The defendants, who were members of a unit responsible for identifying dangerous contraband and threats to national security, allegedly subjected their own colleagues to senseless physical abuse, all while on duty at Newark Liberty International Airport,” acting U.S. Attorney William Fitzpatrick said.

According to court records, the officers locked the victims in a secure room in Newark’s Terminal C and pinned them to a conference table that the CBP officers called their “rape table.” No clothing was removed but court records said the victims were subjected to “grinding” and the simulation of a sex act.

“This behavior would be abhorrent in any environment, especially one serving a critical law enforcement function,” Fitzpatrick said.

The Department of Homeland Security is conducting an investigation.

“DHS employees pledge to maintain the highest standards of conduct and the OIG ensures those employees are held accountable when they violate that obligation,” Special Agent in Charge Mark Tasky said.

The three officers appeared in Newark federal court Wednesday and did not enter pleas. They will be released on $100,000 bail. If convicted, they could face eight years in prison for each count.

CBP said it welcomed the indictments.

“We do not tolerate misconduct in our ranks and are committed to a safe workplace environment free of harassment or intimidation,” spokesman Anthony Bucci said. The agency first became aware of the alleged misconduct in January. At the time, 11 Newark employees, including three supervisors, were put on administrative duty and stripped of their access to guns, badges and sensitive information. The three supervisors have since been fired.

It was not immediately clear whether the accused had obtained lawyers.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/fede...news-topstories.html

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7087 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

It seems the world is moving in this direction. Fire is most easily fought with fire, your enemies with their enemies, and monsters, with monsters...

There is no room on my planet for this behavior or these people.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

It seems the world is moving in this direction. Fire is most easily fought with fire, your enemies with their enemies, and monsters, with monsters...

There is no room on my planet for this behavior or these people.

H&K-Guy

If they were doing this to enemy combatants or foreign terrorists it might, repeat MIGHT, have justification, but these DOUCHEBADGES were doing it to colleagues. Colleagues who happen to carry guns.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31487 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
If they were doing this to enemy combatants or foreign terrorists it might, repeat MIGHT, have justification, but these DOUCHEBADGES were doing it to colleagues. Colleagues who happen to carry guns.

Practicing?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm desensitized to hazings.

In my Navy experience, we've had those and I would have thought for sailors who are all locked up with each other with no women at that time, hazings with a sexual component is expected as an outlet. But I can't understand people on land who can go home to a normal life and in this day and age to do such things.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19726 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
They should get plenty of Man action, in prison.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8402 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
everything is ok in America these days , nothing will be done to stop this.

Unless the complainers take action them selves,
the complainers have the ability to make absolutely sure that these A holes don't do this again.

there is no better way to say this b.s. is not ok, than to permanently prevent it/them

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54719 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I'm willing to bet that these customs agents were probably no older than 23-24 years old at most. I'd chalk it up to guys hazing guys, and nothing more nefarious than than. It's unfortunate for them that it's likely getting blown severely out of proportion.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It takes a really bright individual to mess up his life/career over some stupid dry humping garbage.

Posts: 8965 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You guys seriously getting worked up over this? They were dry humping colleagues. Big freaking deal.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30450 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really worked up over it, but it shows an incredible level of immaturity/stupidity. Who in the heck is not aware that such shenanigans have not been OK in the workplace for at least a few decades?

Posts: 8965 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Not really worked up over it, but it shows an incredible level of immaturity/stupidity. Who in the heck is not aware that such shenanigans have not been OK in the workplace for at least a few decades?

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. I certainly wouldn't be doing such shenanigans with guys I'm not already really cool with. (Not that I go around humping my buddies or anything )

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30450 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who in the heck is not aware that such shenanigans have not been OK in the workplace for at least a few decades?

Kids who are a few years out of high school, and having no other career experience aside from this?

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More good news from a Federal LE Agency.
Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16135 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
quote:
Who in the heck is not aware that such shenanigans have not been OK in the workplace for at least a few decades?

Kids who are a few years out of high school, and having no other career experience aside from this?

A failure of supervision and leadership. This didn't just start that day-there had to be a culture in the unit that allowed this to go on. Somebody in leadership knew or should have known it was animal house back there and should have stepped in before it got out of hand.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
You guys seriously getting worked up over this? They were dry humping colleagues. Big freaking deal.

If it was me I would be super worked up over it. Most likely I would have fought to the death over that treatment, pretty good chance someone would have left that room with broken bones or worse.

-c1steve

Posts: 4065 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

If it was me I would be super worked up over it. Most likely I would have fought to the death over that treatment, pretty good chance someone would have left that room with broken bones or worse.

fought to the death? lol.

nobody played sports? joined a fraternity? this all sounds pretty tame to me but clearly, not everyone handles it the same.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10501 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:nobody played sports? joined a fraternity? this all sounds pretty tame to me but clearly, not everyone handles it the same.

It used to be "acceptable" to grab your secretary's ass, too. BTW: Call it what you want, M/M sexual hazing is gay as hell.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:nobody played sports? joined a fraternity? this all sounds pretty tame to me but clearly, not everyone handles it the same.

It used to be "acceptable" to grab your secretary's ass, too. BTW: Call it what you want, M/M sexual hazing is gay as hell.

no, it's never been acceptable to grab your secretary's ass.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10501 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
no, it's never been acceptable to grab your secretary's ass.

Of course not. That's why I put it in quotes. It happened all the time, but women put up with it because it wasn't taken seriously. They sure wouldn't now. Same thing with this hazing BS.