SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sterilizing facemasks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sterilizing facemasks Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
If it’s a cloth mask or dust mask it does nothing to keep you from getting it. They are only useful to prevent you from spreading it, and that’s droplets from cough or sneeze. If it’s aerosolized, it goes right through.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^ I've come down with Corona Glaucoma.

I just can't see myself wearing that cheap ass ineffective chinese mask.

Oh well.....

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
The only manufacturing supply chain the Chinese don't dominate is the one for DoD weapons systems. And lots of their stuff sneaks into that system anyway.

We wouldn't pay that much more for items made in America if we automated production (the Chinese have slowed improved automation to keep their masses employed for slave wages) and curbed our appetite for stuff we don't need.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
For the OP of this thread. Bake them at 200 degrees for one half hour. That should get the results you're looking for.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Douse them in kerosene and set them alight.

Preferably, this step should be taken with the mask off of your face.
I would think so.. Big Grin. Geez that was funny.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Saw black and white Sig Sauer masks on line. One with the new Sig logo. Amazon delivery date said July something to August something. Nope. Now if it was blue and white Sig Sauer...

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
This guy has the right idea.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP here. For what small amount it is worth, I am also anti mask and prefer not to wear them. However, several places I must enter require masks so the ones I purchased are the thin blue surgical type. Minimal at best. Yes it also ticked me off that they were from China, I have a Chinese exwife who taught me everything I needed to know about that country and its' mores.

I did not attempt to sterilize the masks in my CPAP machine, I placed them in the So Clean CPAP sterilizing machine that generates ozone which is one of the ways germs are killed in hospitals rooms. If you do not use a CPAP you might not be aware of this device.
I thought mentioning using the So Clean might be something others that use them on their CPAPs might consider if they want to sterilize their masks.

BTW, I found some of the replies quite humorous!

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2891 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
While I agree with the Chinese sentiment, it isn't realistic (at this point) to avoid all things made in China. Heck, I bet his CPAP Machine was made in China.

We're stuck with China for the time being, especially for medical supplies, medications, etc.

I work in a medical facility where we are treating COVID patients and we'd be screwed if we didn't use anything from China.

I hope we bring the manufacturing home or find other countries but at this point we're stuck with what we have and that is China. Frown

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
While I agree with the Chinese sentiment, it isn't realistic (at this point) to avoid all things made in China.
You don't say

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
29 bucks gets you a cool copper fused mask! Its wonderful! My TV says so.
Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
29 bucks gets you a cool copper fused mask! Its wonderful! My TV says so.
Roll Eyes

Also helps with your jaw muscle pain from screaming "SIX FEET, SIX FEET, SIX FEET"

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post