SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Colorado Democrat Governor decides it's time to learn how to shoot...in an election year
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Democrat Governor decides it's time to learn how to shoot...in an election year Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
The state decided to purchase a sporting clays venue and turn it into a state park. Great! Fantastic! But, after signing a slew of anti-2A bills over the last few years, the Governor waits until now,an election year, before feeling the need to do a photo-op while learning how to shoot.

The overall narrative is that Democrats, including the Governor, are worried about the upcoming election, and after the last several years of slamming one tax increase after another, and one progressive leftist agenda bill after another into law, and with inflation, crime, drug and fentanyl deaths spiking, and 'urban outdoorsmen' population problems, they've suddenly put the brakes on and are suddenly concerned about the problems voters are angry about.

[Note: multiple photos with funny captions, and Twitter Tweets found at the linked website article. FYI, the Tweet from Kristi Burton Brown, she is the chairman of the state Republican Party.]

=================

Good grief: Polis’s polls must really be underwater, someone gave him a gun

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Yep you can always tell when it's election season. Democrats all of a sudden love guns, want to lower taxes and hand out money. Our governor here in MN. is going to give each married couple $1000 and each single person $500. Because he has over a $9B tax surplus!

Funny how he came up with a $9B surplus when the states entire economy was shut down for the better part of two years.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pandering s o b.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Of course. Remember this SOB?

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Yeah, that's the first photo I thought of when I saw the photo of Governor Polis shooting a shotgun. Right out of the Obama playbook.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Still won’t get my vote. Hope the state government goes by way of the Douglas County school board this November.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
If he loses will he destroy it before leaving office, so nobody else can enjoy it?

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
That guy is most douchiest of douche bags and is just a statist asshole that deserves nothing but contempt. Fucknut. Oh, and Hickenlooper too.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
While Polis wasn't nearly as bad a most blue state govs on the covid restrictions I still won't vote for him. The Colorado Republican Party has a real bad habit of running candidates that are just terrible usually, but I think they just might have a good one this time. Heidi Ganahl. Some friends of mine met with her and they are impressed. Plus, she's got the same advisor that ran the Virginia race.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So they DO "selectively" know the Constitution? That makes them even worse liars.

Dems had better be worried about the fall mid-terms.

It's coming, and no amount of posing is going to stop it.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think what you want about our Colorado governor, but he is always ready to take care of business anywhere and any time, and his First Dude helps him keep his stuff packed and ready to go.

No apologies.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that Colorado Clay's sold out. I have shot there since they opened. There goes that venue.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Yup, Govnna Pole smoker didn't look like he even knew which end was which. He's a pandering fool, and it shows. I seem to recall a long ago photo of Chuckles Schumer doing a similar photo opp. He's another low life scum bag. I wouldn't put either of them out if I walked by and found them to be on fire.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Govnna Pole smoker

I'm no fan of the man politically, but this is a childish and unsophisticated remark.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That park will be closed within a year. Times are tough for clay shooting venues due to ammunition issues and it take someone dedicated to the sport to keep a range going right now. Dedicated and state managed are POLAR OPPOSITES.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Just waiting to see our governor Whitmer having a beer with the guys in a blue-collar bar.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
quote:
Govnna Pole smoker

I'm no fan of the man politically, but this is a childish and unsophisticated remark.

That's what everyone I know calls him. Pole Smoker or Poncious Pollis.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
why be nice to a politician?

they treat us with utter contempt

they should be treated in precisely the way they treat us

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Maybe he can invite the Giffords out, and Gabby can hold an AR-15.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I’ll trade your pole smoker for one Jay Ensley …

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post