SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    PSA: gas stoves cause indoor air polution
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA: gas stoves cause indoor air polution Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/Oilfield_R.../1613875069951901697

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Most building codes require proper ventilation so I don't see why the feds would ever need to be involved. If someone is dumb enough to run any gas appliance in their home without proper ventilation, well, that's on them. All this besides the fact that we all know the Dems are just up to no good anyway.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what "proper ventilation" supposedly consists of.

Posts: 2712 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
When we’re eating insects (and enjoying it) will we even need a stove to heat them up?

Posts: 26849 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
Most building codes require proper ventilation so I don't see why the feds would ever need to be involved. If someone is dumb enough to run any gas appliance in their home without proper ventilation, well, that's on them. All this besides the fact that we all know the Dems are just up to no good anyway.

My in-laws put in a gas range a few years ago on a wall that has a garage next to it so they couldn’t put a real vented microwave in, only the dumb recirculating thing and you can definitely smell the fumes when they have the oven on and several burners going. I’m not a fan of not having any sort of venting like that.

I made sure mine we did this past August/Sept had proper venting to the outside, if anything I think I went overboard with the CFM’s: 750

Posts: 33590 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
Our founding fathers would be pissed that we're not stacking these assholes like cord wood

Posts: 1535 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23093 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post

Posts: 496 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Thought y'all would enjoy this one:

Posts: 1816 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got into a discussion with some open-Lefties who were jumping all over the anti-gas stove bandwagon. The below video gives some straight forward points as it pertains to induction stoves.

Most people's experience with electric stoves are the shitty open-coil cooktops. Induction is the other electric option and a very good one however, there's some limitations and depending on your budget (huge) and type of cooking you do, may not be viable to replace the gas stove.

Posts: 14557 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Related....and insane!!!

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...LL2u%2FnBWbQp2DsY%3D

Eugene, Oregon, Bans Natural Gas Hookups in New Residences

After more than two years of debate, the City Council of Eugene, Oregon, voted on Feb. 6 to ban natural gas hookups in new residential construction, becoming the state’s first city to prohibit new homes from using gas furnaces, water heaters, or appliances.

During a closed meeting, the council first decided to deny a request by opponents to put the issue on the May ballot. According to DHM Research, 70 percent of those surveyed oppose the ban.

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38588 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post