SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dr. Seuss is now racist apparently
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Seuss is now racist apparently Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Well at least we don't have to worry about Snoopy being canceled....oh wait how did I not know this?

https://thepostmillennial.com/...ccording-to-twitter/

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1500 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Well at least we don't have to worry about Snoopy being canceled....oh wait how did I not know this?

These people are literally demented.

Sure, EVERYTHING can be racist if you want it to be. . .

I read this on this Forum somewhere - "Racism is in high demand but low supply." It is no wonder there are so many counterfeit examples making the news. Peanuts has been around for 71 years - if THIS is the best they can come up with in all that time, they are truly grasping at straws.

Just remembered Apple+ has a new Peanuts show coming out. I'm betting the leftists will let this one slide, in order to prevent Apple from taking a financial hit.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21928 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Will Webster's or the Bible be next? Does the cancel culture think it will change peoples minds? Roll Eyes

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's these Twitter leftist/Marxist shitheads that do this, it's a tiny minority that hate American culture but social media amplifies them and makes people and corporations think it's millions and they panic and do these kneejerk reactions like pull Dr. Seuss books.

I'll bet you it's less than a thousand people out of 330 million.

Facebook...Twitter...it's all a cancer. Frown

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I still have Dr Seuss books. I read them to my kids when they were young.

Should be worth a lot of money on the black market.

(just occurred to me that might be racist.) Roll Eyes

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3944 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
I still have Dr Seuss books. I read them to my kids when they were young.

Should be worth a lot of money on the black market.

(just occurred to me that might be racist.) Roll Eyes

Cultural appropriation?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Well, apparently it has nothing to do with educating the children how to read anymore. Let's teach them about inclusiveness and diversity shall we...bunch of slack jawed faggots. Big Grin

Posts: 1853 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
Well, apparently it has nothing to do with educating the children how to read anymore. Let's teach them about inclusiveness and diversity . . .

First, don't teach white supremacy math, now back off on reading. Roll Eyes

In a WWII documentary, they interviewed an older lady who grew up in Hitler's Germany. Reportedly Hitler commented to less than supporting parents, as he was transitioning to his dictatorship, along the lines of "you don't have to agree with what we are doing, I already have your children", ie, your children are already brainwashed.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
Well, apparently it has nothing to do with educating the children how to read anymore. Let's teach them about inclusiveness and diversity . . .

First, don't teach white supremacy math, now back off on reading. Roll Eyes

In a WWII documentary, they interviewed an older lady who grew up in Hitler's Germany. Reportedly Hitler commented to less than supporting parents, as he was transitioning to his dictatorship, along the lines of "you don't have to agree with what we are doing, I already have your children", ie, your children are already brainwashed.

I have a copy of the 1943 movie "Hitler's Children", which, although an RKO propaganda movie, describes the methods the Nazi's used at that time to control a childs's thoughts.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
WSJ News Exclusive | Jeep-Owner Stellantis Is Open to Dropping Cherokee Name, CEO Says

Sorry, don't have link, pay wall.

The head of Jeep’s owner said he is open to dropping the Cherokee name from vehicles after recent criticism from the Native American tribe’s leader.

Carlos Tavares, chief executive officer of the recently formed Stellantis NV, said the company was engaged in dialogue with the Cherokee Nation over its use of the name. Jeep has two models, the Cherokee compact sport-utility vehicle and larger Grand Cherokee, that it sells in the U.S. and beyond.

Asked in an interview if he would be willing to change the Jeep Cherokee’s name if pushed to do so, Mr. Tavares said, “We are ready to go to any point, up to the point where we decide with the appropriate people and with no intermediaries.”

“At this stage, I don’t know if there is a real problem. But if there is one, well, of course we will solve it,” Mr. Tavares said, adding that he wasn’t personally involved in the talks.

Debate over the Cherokee name is among the issues facing Mr. Tavares, who took control of Stellantis when it was formed earlier this year from the merger of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV and Peugeot-maker PSA. In the interview Wednesday, Mr. Tavares also discussed whether to cut down on the company’s 14 brands, making Fiat plants more competitive and his plan to stick with China.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1500 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Seuss did quite a few overtly racist cartoons and political comics around WWII, mostly anti-Japanese stuff. Of course, at the time we were interning Japanese citizens.
He became a liberal about the time Nixon ran for office, and I believe campaigned for McGovern.

The stuff they say is racist now is quite tame by comparison.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
WSJ News Exclusive | Jeep-Owner Stellantis Is Open to Dropping Cherokee Name, CEO Says

Sorry, don't have link, pay wall.

The head of Jeep’s owner said he is open to dropping the Cherokee name from vehicles after recent criticism from the Native American tribe’s leader. . . .

Maybe Jeep should offer reparations.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Fuck political correctness and fuck wokeness even harder. I wish these assholes would all just jump into a big wood chipper and do this planet a fucking favor. There is enough suffering here we don’t need these perpetually insulted assholes farming any more victim bullshit. Nope. They just all need to collectively shut the fuck up. Failure to do so should result in a one way trip into a volcano. It might be the only way to stop the drought. We won’t know for sure until we try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll have to watch Song of the South instead.

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4842 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
So if they are offended by Dr Seuss, why are they not outraged at rap music lyrics?

I find rap music lyrics to be absolutely obscene and disgusting.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Certain 'obscene and disgusting' speech is OK, as long as the right people are speaking it... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9442 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Certain 'obscene and disgusting' speech is OK, as long as the right people are speaking it... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4460 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

And yet a man gets “elected” POTUS when he says this:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Posts: 5235 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
I read a couple of these articles today. Roll Eyes

Apparently two of the "offensive" pictures in some of the books were a Chinese man in a conical hat eating out of a bowl with chopsticks and two barefoot Africans in what "appears to be grass skirts".

So isn't calling that "offensive" actually offending those cultures?

My wife and I had this same conversation.....

This PC / cancel fascism must be stomped out. History and books we thought were fiction show us where it leads.

Books today....people tomorrow

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post