SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dr. Seuss is now racist apparently
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Seuss is now racist apparently Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Dr Seuss was also anti-abortion.

"A person's a person, no matter how small."

No wonder the Wokeness has decided to destroy him.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I haven't been able to find the right to not be offended in the Constitution. I must not be looking hard enough.
Yeah, that's it.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16644 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
I read a couple of these articles today. Roll Eyes

Apparently two of the "offensive" pictures in some of the books were a Chinese man in a conical hat eating out of a bowl with chopsticks and two barefoot Africans in what "appears to be grass skirts".

So isn't calling that "offensive" actually offending those cultures?

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4384 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I found a article that lists which ones are being removed.

I jumped on ebay for giggles.... holy CRAP!! people are jumping on the "rare and unavailable" train. Books in the $hundreds to a couple $K from most of the sellers, "Starting at" $30-ish or buy it now for several hundred is also quite popular.

Wow... Mad Frown

Posts: 487 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Mr. Brown was too white.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I just looked up McElligot’s Pool (one of the 4 books being banned) and can’t find what is “hurtful” or “racist” about it. These cancel culture warriors are fucking idiots who love ruining everything. Mad

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dr. Seuss examines their argument...

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
You can no longer refer to your television as a “color TV”...

From now on, you must use “video viewer incorporating the tints and hues of all members of the visible spectrum”

When I was growing up a joke was "Orval Fabus' wife wants

a divorce because he won't let her get a color TV!

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3809 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is it some kind of law that memes must contain at least one misspelled word?

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Just save yourself some trouble. Here's the new template going forward:

_________________________ is now racist.
(Insert innocuous thing)

Pooping is now racist because it comes out brown. Why does it have to be brown???

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In other news: Mr. Potato Head just had his spuds removed.
My childhood is being erased. Grinchy!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm making sure I have all of the books for my grand kids.

Scouts Out

Posts: 1118 | Registered: May 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Just save yourself some trouble. Here's the new template going forward:

(Insert innocuous thing)

More accurately:

(Insert anything good done by people of Western European descent)

Posts: 4460 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again my Civic class has failed me. Could someone advise me which Amendment to the Constitution guarantees the right not to be offended?

TIA.

Posts: 81 | Location: SW PA USA | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
In other news: Mr. Potato Head just had his spuds removed.
My childhood is being erased. Grinchy!

Mr Potato Head was probably the first transgender toy, because you could remove any body part & replace it with one from Mrs Potato Head. Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
For Mr. Potato Head, I just heard today from a guy that Hasbro has stated they will not actually be changing the name. I haven't had a chance to do much looking yet but all I could find with a quick search was all stuff from last month. I will need to look more over lunch.

Posts: 487 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what evil and dark forces lurk on the written pages and in the illustrations of “The Flying Hockey Stick”, “Pickle-Chiffon Pie”, “Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel”, “Little Toot”, and dare I say it, Walt Disney’s “Little Hiawatha” series?!

Posts: 3589 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Democrats continue to be out of touch, delusional and suffer from wet dream syndrome. When will the rest of America start cancelling democrats and the democrat party??

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
A very simple solution is to replace ALL illustrations with actual photographs of people in those illustrations, e.g. photoshop human heads and bodies to replace the objectionable characterizations.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post