SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Much Sleep Do Ya'll Get on Avg?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Much Sleep Do Ya'll Get on Avg? Login/Join 
posted
Curious as to where ya'll stand. I'm 50 and usually try to get in bed for 2200-2230 and up at 0500-0530. I do get up a few times per night. I cant remember the last time I slept all night without getting up to at least take a leak.

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I don't usually get up in the middle of the night.

I usually average 6-7 hours of sleep. Depends on the night. Most nights I'm in bed by around 10, but awaken at around 5:00 and can't get back to sleep so I just lay in bed and read. Some nights it's more like 4:00. Occasionally I'll sleep until my alarm goes off at 6:30.

Posts: 32547 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I am 60, usually get 7-8 hours a night and up once to pee maybe three times a week. Sleep straight through more often than not.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10948 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sound about right. I'm in my late 60's, still working. Get 6 to 7 hours weeknights, maybe up to 8 hours on weekends. Sleep through the night most nights.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I try to hit the sack no later than 10 and always up at 6.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Get to bed about 11 and wake up between 5:30 and 6:15.

I've been a CPAP user for over 15 years, and never wake up to pee. Prior to getting a CPAP, I used to wake up 2 or 3 times per night to pee. My sleep doc said it was my brain trying to find a logical reason why I woke up, and wrongly diagnosing had to pee. Instead, I stopped breathing 28 times per hour and some of the big apneas would fully wake up.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23312 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am 50. I usually go to bed between 9-10pm and for a normal day I get up around 7am. If I have to travel for work, which can be about once a week or more, then I have to get up around 4-5am depending where I am traveling to. So on normal nights, I get about 9 hours of sleep.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 39, work a swing shift in a factory. Weekly rotating schedule. I try to stay on midnights to limit my exposure to the office people. Not always sucessful.

Normally 10am to about 6pm or 2am to 1030am, probably awake at least once to pee. CPAP has not helped that...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2747 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Not enough!

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
That's pretty much my schedule. I'll pee last thing before bed. Sleep recovery has been pretty good (7-8). One tip is if you drink liquid after dinner, take sips, big gulps will activate the kidneys to a bigger degree. I always seemed to have to get up at 3am when camping, but the sky was worth it Wink

Posts: 3526 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Mid 70’s and I hit the bed about 11:00 and wake about 5-5:30 to pee.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4238 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My Apple health stats say I've been averaging a bit more than eight hours of sleep/night over the last six months. We sleep from midnight to 08:00.

I usually wake twice a night. Usually get up to relieve myself. Sometimes only once, occasionally thrice.

I'm seventy-two.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m 54. Go to bed 9:30-10:30 and I’m up 4:30-5:30 depending on the day’s work. I sleep through the night but sometimes have trouble falling asleep. Guided meditations at bedtime help with that when it’s a problem.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I average about 7-hours. In bed by 10:00pm and up between 5:00am - 5:30am. I set an alarm but couldn't tell you the last time I slept until it went off.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
About eight hours

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
I'm 73. I get about 5.5 hours with 2 sleeping pills.
Bedtime:11:45 wakeup at 5:30

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
6-7 hours when I'm working days. I try to get to bed by 9:30, doesn't always happen, and the alarm goes off at 4:30. Usually at least one piss break in there somewhere. Days off I usually wake up on my own around 6:00.

Working midnights I'm lucky to get 4-5 hours. In bed at 6:00am, up to piss around 11:00and typically once I'm up there's no getting back to sleep. I wish I could figure that one out because I love working nights, but not getting adequate sleep makes me miserable.

Posts: 8647 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Prior to covid, I usually got 6.5 - 7 hours a night. Work from home stopped that and I could now sleep until at least 7:00 every day. 9+ hours. Loved it. Back to the office a few days a week now, so, 7.5 - 8. I'm 64 and like the vacation.

Posts: 4024 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mostly 8 hours for me. Rarely get up to tinkle. Even on days I dont sleep well, I get at least 6 hours. Only thing I have encountered lately is I fall asleep watching TV in the evening. Never used to do that. I am 67.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
About six hours at night one way or another. Most days I take a nap for an hour or so around mid-day.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post