SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My sister is an out-of-control alcoholic (update bottom of page 2)
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
My sister is an out-of-control alcoholic (update bottom of page 2) Login/Join 
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
- Update -

It was a bad night at their house.

Husband drove her to a rehab clinic for long term stay.

Fingers crossed.

Good news IMO! Hang in there. Do what you can to support them. Hopefully she sees what is going on and figures it out. It is a very difficult situation until SHE makes up her mind that she needs to change. Hoping she will.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Report This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
alcoholic hepatitis sucks, end stage liver disease sucks worse, dying from either ESLD or DTs sucks the most.

Alcohol addiction is a hell of a thing, and is hard to treat especially when the person/patient isn't convinced that they need help.

If you can get her on board and her physician, I would highly suggest looking into Vivitrol injections.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Report This Post