SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I would pray Kavanaugh would not be that type of Judge.

Well, not all the time...right Wink

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Democrats are desperate

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
So, I wonder. Suppose you’re BK and you’ve been trashed and scorched by Democrats in this process. What does pay back look like once your confirmed and various cases come before you over the next 25 years that were originated and were part of the Democrat agenda we’ve suffered through? I hope payback is a bitch.

If that is how BK feels, then Trump picked the wrong guy.

Parties to lawsuits can only hope that their cases are heard by intelligent, experienced and neutral judges, and not by some zealot still getting even over some slight, or philosophical dispute, from the past.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I predict that these other accusations will simply evaporate as though they never happened after today. I don't think the dems really want a round two in the ring with Justice Kavanaugh......

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
So, I wonder. Suppose you’re BK and you’ve been trashed and scorched by Democrats in this process. What does pay back look like once your confirmed and various cases come before you over the next 25 years that were originated and were part of the Democrat agenda we’ve suffered through? I hope payback is a bitch.

Parties to lawsuits can only hope that their cases are heard by intelligent, experienced and neutral judges, and not by some zealot still getting even over some slight, or philosophical dispute, from the past.

Exactly! Kavanaugh's redemption will be from ruling with the Constitution against progressive cases.

Posts: 5201 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Having watched the whole playback on Lindsey Graham, buy that guy a case of beer. He gets the 2018 MVP Award. IMO, he has galvanized the Republicans tonight. Also saw his interview on Hannity; tonight, the guy is a rock star.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
The next allegation to surface...evidently she wants Lincoln exhumed and held accountable. Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now the dems are tweeting that Kavanaughs angry demeanor made it easy to see how that anger could be turned against a woman and that he would be a mean drunk who would obviously attack a woman if given the chance.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3575 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
quote:
quote:

Exactly! Kavanaugh's redemption will be from ruling with the Constitution against progressive cases.

The rational part of me agrees with you completely.

On the other hand, he's been pushed pretty far and I would have a hard time faulting him if Brett decided to raise the black flag and slit a few throats.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Now the dems are tweeting that Kavanaughs angry demeanor made it easy to see how that anger could be turned against a woman and that he would be a mean drunk who would obviously attack a woman if given the chance.

But she testified that Kavanaugh and Judge were laughing and that she could never forget the laughter???

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Having watched the whole playback on Lindsey Graham, buy that guy a case of beer. He gets the 2018 MVP Award. IMO, he has galvanized the Republicans tonight. Also saw his interview on Hannity; tonight, the guy is a rock star.

Newt Gingrich on Laura Ingraham just said that Lindsey Graham in that single moment justified his entire career on the Senate.

I think that's about right.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Either that or he's just pissed his family's life has been threatened and his daughters and wife threatened with rape. All over unprovable (and very, very, very likely false) allegations. I'd be steaming fucking mad too, I am glad to see him push back and try to expose what is happening to him and his family for what it is.

Could you imagine having to explain to your daughters why some lady in California is accusing you of raping her? Just think about what life has been like in the last week and a half in the Kavanaugh household has been like.

I wonder if they've hired security?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/politics/l...29a2abfaf7f1dc099ecb

The four key centrist votes on Judge Brett Kavanaugh — Sens. Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Jeff Flake and Joe Manchin — are huddled privately in a Capitol office.

Staff left the room as they gathered minutes after the Kavanaugh hearing ended.

Murkowski angrily tried to order a reporter from the hallway when she arrived.

“Go,” she shouted out pointing to the end of the hallway.

The three Republicans are planning to attend the GOP conference meeting at 7:15 p.m., per an aide.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

now this next report is only from one source, so take care

https://www.redstate.com/sarah...kavanaugh-confirmed/

Elaina Plott:

A source close to Senator Manchin tells me now, "Short of claims that definitively prove Dr. Ford's allegations or a realization that Kavanaugh will gut the healthcare law, Manchin will side with the overwhelming number of people in WV who want Kavanaugh confirmed."

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I wonder if they've hired security?
The US Marshals Service provides protection for all federal judges.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Angry demeanor." You mean a man who is so angry that he weeps in front of millions when talking about the destruction of his family name and the misery his family is going through? Yeah, that floats alright. Roll Eyes

It was clear to me that this is a man who rarely ever gets his dial set that high. He was straining the very limits of his emotions. That was a type of anger I believe he's maybe never even touched before.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
quote:
quote:

The rational part of me agrees with you completely.

On the other hand, he's been pushed pretty far and I would have a hard time faulting him if Brett decided to raise the black flag and slit a few throats.

Some might react by telling the Senate to take this judgeship and the one he already has and stick ‘em where the sun don’t shine, go out into Big Law private practice where a man of his skills and experience can make ~$4 million a year stomping the shit out of liberal causes all over the courts, and he can have lunch with who ever he wants, something a judge or Justice cannot.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I don't think Manchin or any other rat will be a tie breaker for BK. If gop fails dems will toe the party line to block.

I was proud of Graham but no keys to the kingdom yet. Some say this was a job application to take Sessions place.

Posts: 4726 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:...
It was clear to me that this is a man who rarely ever gets his dial set that high. He was straining the very limits of his emotions. That was a type of anger I believe he's maybe never even touched before.

Yes, sir.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44063 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
What has become crystal clear in these past weeks is that we haven't seen the bottom to which the Democrats will sink-- not even close. They are not restrained by any morality, ethics, or sense of human decency. The only thing that limits their treachery is expedience: what can they get away with? What can they pull off?

Make no mistake, these people-- Feinstein, Blumenthal, Schumer, Hirono, Pelosi-- would round up all Trump supporters and send us to re-education camps if they could get away with it.

But their ugliness and evil is on full display, and decent people across the country have seen it and recoiled. They will get kicked in the ass in the midterms.

I will drift off to sleep tonight thinking about Lindsey Graham. What a magnificent moment! I've never seen anything quite like that. And from, of all people, Lindsey Graham!

Life is unpredictable. And sometimes absolutely wonderful. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post