SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Edited: So Mrs. BB61 and Miss BB61 feel like they are coming down with the flu (Just got back from the doctor and I have Type A Flu)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edited: So Mrs. BB61 and Miss BB61 feel like they are coming down with the flu (Just got back from the doctor and I have Type A Flu) Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Severe diarrea and I can't keep any liquids down

That doesn't sound like the flu.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
I also have the body aches, chills and headache. My husband had the same thing a day before I got it. This wouldn't be a strain of stomach flu?

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bean357:
I've only had one flu shot. My arm hurt like hell for five days plus I came down with what I thought was the worst case of flu. I was wrong about it being the worst flu, as I do believe I have that now. I've been off work since Wednesday, and today is horrible. Severe diarrea and I can't keep any liquids down (not even 7up or ginger ale) Frown
My husband went and picked me up a bottle of Sambucol syrup.

I hope you get feeling better. Today was mildly better for me. Fortunately, I don’t have the strain you got.

Posts: 12467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I got the stomach flu just two days ago. Just kept me regular!

"Stomach flu" is almost inevitably really food poisoning.

quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Severe diarrea and I can't keep any liquids down

That doesn't sound like the flu.....

No, it does not.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
Thank you BB61! I hope you get better soon. Yes, this strain is wicked and has been running rampant in this area. They were dropping like flies at work last week.

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
So Mrs. BB61 has all the symptoms I have and Miss BB61 also feels similar. It’s going to be a long few days. Ironically, they did get the flu shot.

Posts: 12467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I feel for ya's I've had a Stay in sick bay on BB61! Not my favorite time.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
So Mrs. BB61 has all the symptoms I have and Miss BB61 also feels similar. It’s going to be a long few days. Ironically, they did get the flu shot.

Sorry to hear that. Like I wrote, earlier: This year's flu vaccine is estimated to be only 10% effective.

One of my best friends has it. He's a year or so older than me and really sick. I'm somewhat concerned :/

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Be damn sure if the flu progresses into a bad incessant cough, and you are hacking up green and brown phlegm, to get to a Doctor. Tens of thousands die every year from pneumonia that came from flu. Don't put it off.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bean357:
I also have the body aches, chills and headache. My husband had the same thing a day before I got it. This wouldn't be a strain of stomach flu?

Had the same symptoms, went in and had a rockin' ear infection. Doc said we could stop there and I'm on a 10 day course of Amoxicillin. Get checked out, hope you both feel better.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Wife has been ill with a cough for two weeks. Finally dragged her to urgent care. Its never easy. Turns out she has Bronchitis & Sinusitus. She should bounce back as the antibiotics kick in. Perhaps she and and will get a full night's sleep now. Hurahh.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story...son-early/990271001/

Flu widespread in 36 states, CDC reports

Outbreaks of influenza are getting an early start this year in part because of cold weather gripping much of the USA and low efficacy associated with this year's flu vaccine.

"It's just one of those years where the CDC is seeing that this strain of flu is only somewhat covered by the vaccine that was given this year," said Jennifer Radtke, manager for infection prevention at the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville. "They're seeing that it's anywhere from 10% to 33% effective, so any time there’s a mismatch between the vaccine and the circulating strain of the flu, you’re going to see more cases."

Flu symptoms include fever, body aches, chills, fatigue, cough and a sore throat. The illness typically passes within a few days but can be especially dangerous to the very young, the very old, pregnant women and those with respiratory problems.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Dumb question, if it's ineffective, why don't they make a mid season production run and readminister it?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Dumb question, if it's ineffective, why don't they make a mid season production run and readminister it?

I’m curious to this as well.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quick google indictes- "It takes at least six months to produce large quantities of influenza vaccine."

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

I imagine they do, in limited quantities for really important people. For folks like you and I, the explanation I've always heard is there isn't enough time to develop the the cultures and produce enough of a quantity of vaccine to distribute. Biological stuff you inject into people isn't something you just whip up in short order. They've got all year to produce enough vaccine to try to inoculate vulnerable parts of the population and sometimes they guess wrong on the strains. This year, they were pretty wrong.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:

One reason could be that most who already got flu shots won't get another one because they do not know about it or their insurance won't pay for it if they already had a fairly recent flu shot.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post