SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Edited: So Mrs. BB61 and Miss BB61 feel like they are coming down with the flu (Just got back from the doctor and I have Type A Flu)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edited: So Mrs. BB61 and Miss BB61 feel like they are coming down with the flu (Just got back from the doctor and I have Type A Flu) Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
and of course I feel like crap!!! I put off getting my flu shot this year and of course I got it for the the first time in years. If you haven’t got your shot yet, get it. Trust me on this one!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 12467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
They say the shot isn't very effective this season. My nephew tested positive Christmas eve, luckily before he came over and gave it to the rest of us.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
They say the shot isn't very effective this season. My nephew tested positive Christmas eve, luckily before he came over and gave it to the rest of us.

That’s what my doctor said as well. But something is better than nothing. You might be the one person it works for.

It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I hope you feel better soon.

Why have the powers that be decided to refer to illnesses as "Type"....?
I have Type 1 Diabetes, which was called Juvenile Diabetes for many, many years. I often have to explain to people that I do not have "adult onset" (or Type 2) Diabetes.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the shot is for shit this year but

In my totally unscientific research, which essentially involves me asking my doctors and NPs, those that did get the flu shot don’t seem to be getting as sick as those that didn’t

Again, it’s totally anecdotal...

And it also may be me (and my staff) just trying to make me feel better because we are all painfully aware of how much money I spend a year in vaccines

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I've read elderberry extract lessons the flu if you take it when you first feel it coming on.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
What are your symptoms? I have a cold with coughing ,sneezing and sinus drip. Yuck

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've never had a flu shot, and that won't change.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I hope you get better real soon.

Posts: 13021 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I've never had a flu shot, and that won't change.

One of my friends never gets one either and he generally doesn’t get the flu. I’m not that healthy and try to always get one but I respect the position.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I got my flu shot religiously, for decades, and I never caught flu in any year that I had the shot.

Then, two years ago this month, I got hit hard by Guillain Barré Syndrome, about six weeks after getting the flu shot.

Now, the doc says I'm not allowed to have flu shots. His advice for me, re avoiding flu: wash hands thoroughly and frequently.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
What are your symptoms? I have a cold with coughing ,sneezing and sinus drip. Yuck

1. Ache all over
2. Headache
3. Eyes hurt
4. Runny noise with clear discharge and congested too.
5. Nasty cough but I have asthma so the two feed on each other
6. A little bit of a sore throat
7. Interestingly enough, I don’t have a fever but I am cold
8. Tired but I cant’ sleep.

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Take care of yourself! There have been 3 deaths from the flu in this area (one was only 20 years old). Hundreds more have it.

I take meds to suppress my immune system, so I’ve been laying low!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I hope you feel better. No flu shots for me, though. The one and only time I got a flu shot I ended up getting the worst flu I've ever had in my life.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I've read elderberry extract lessons the flu if you take it when you first feel it coming on.

I'm not usually a grammar or vocabulary Nazi, but your post did make me laugh!! Smile

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
If you haven’t got your shot yet, get it. Trust me on this one!

No thanks.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I had the flu in 2011 and it was awful. Hang in there ... this too, shall pass.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the stomach flu just two days ago. Just kept me regular!

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I thought flu was just flu. There are types?

And I don't get flu shots either. The last time I had anything anywhere close to it (mostly a bad headache) was over five years ago, and it didn't keep me from going about my business if I had to. I'll take my chances.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

I'm not usually a grammar or vocabulary Nazi, but your post did make me laugh!! Smile

You mock, but that Elderberry will really teach the flu who's boss.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post