SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I finally found a DIY ceramic coating that works...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I finally found a DIY ceramic coating that works... Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
When I lived in Fla we had love bugs ….they’re the worst. Tried everything, nothing worked to keep em from ruining your paint. A friend used to spray Pam on his car during lovebug season….surprisingly it works and keeps the dead bugs from sticking…but your car looks like someone sprayed it with Pam….

And here in Texas you could cook breakfast on your hood.

Dryer sheets are your friend, protect the paint all you can, but when it comes to clean up, wet the area and wipe it down with wet dryer sheets, the fabic softener in them breaks down the bugs.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
When I lived in Fla we had love bugs ….they’re the worst. Tried everything, nothing worked to keep em from ruining your paint. A friend used to spray Pam on his car during lovebug season….surprisingly it works and keeps the dead bugs from sticking…but your car looks like someone sprayed it with Pam….

And here in Texas you could cook breakfast on your hood.

Dryer sheets are your friend, protect the paint all you can, but when it comes to clean up, wet the area and wipe it down with wet dryer sheets, the fabic softener in them breaks down the bugs.
From 50+ years in Florida, and season upon season of dealing with lovebugs, I've come to believe the only way to truly deal with them (and minor road debris) successfully is to clear bra the front of your vehicle. The problem is its expensive and has to be peeled and reapplied every few years which can be pricey. For a Benz or BMW, I think it's a no brainer. For a Corolla or a 20+ year old F150 Wink, it becomes hard to justify the expense.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post