SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    KARMA for the Viet Nam vets - ** P228 ** --->>>Winner = Johnny 3eagles<<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KARMA for the Viet Nam vets - ** P228 ** --->>>Winner = Johnny 3eagles<<< Login/Join 
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the opportunity.

Bien Hoa 1969-1970.

USAF

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Awesome Karma. I served aboard the USS Truxton DLGN-35 in the early 70’s. We prowled the Gulf of Tonkin on the Piraz Station.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll enter on behalf of my father-in-law who served 68-72 in the Army. He was stationed in Germany for a time. He was certified on some type of of defensive weaponry. He looks back fondly on his service even though he got out after just 4 years.

Thanks for your generous karma for our vets!

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
My uncle is 10 years older than me. When he was a teenager, my dad was stationed at WPAFB in Dayton Ohio. Dayton is the home of the Museum of the United States Air Force.

Joe, my uncle, spent a couple summers with us. My Dad would drop him off at the museum in the morning when he went to work. He would then pick Joe up after work on his way home. Joe loved airplanes, and he loved the summers he got to spend in the museum.

After graduating from the University of Alabama, Joe entered the Air Force as an officer and at some point he learned to fly. He was sent to Viet Nam as an O2 pilot.

If you don't know, an O2 was a Cessna Skymaster. Not a real fast plane. Even with 2 engines, one in the front and one in the back of the fuselage, it was not real fast.

The Air Force used the 02 as a target identification system for F4's. They had a couple of canisters that had targeting rockets in them. The 02 would fly out ahead of the F4's and shoot a small smoke marker rocket that the F4 would then use to find it's target.

If the 02 did not mark the target, then the F4 did not bomb the target. This lead to the 02 being actively targeted too.

Joe told me that the rockets looked like telephone poles flying at him!

Joe was lucky enough to transition to flying the KC135 tankers. The flying gas stations.

I am very fortunate that Joe is still with us. My dad is not.

I would like to enter this karma in Joe's and my Father's names. Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dad was in from 64-67. He was trained as a medic and assigned to the 1st Air Cavalry. When they deployed to Viet-Nam in 65, he was reassigned to Japan and spent the rest of his service conducting psych evals at a clinic in Tokyo. He never talked about his service when I was a kid and doesn't really think of himself as a VN vet, but if not for the luck of the draw, he could have easily been in the thick of some pretty deep shit.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I was only a Nam Era Vet they sent me to West Germany so I don't qualify.
Good luck to all the Nam Vets entering the karma and Welcome Back To The World.

Thanks Q for doing this for the Vets.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG Forum Lurker
posted Hide Post
Count me in!

Posts: 65 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
My beloved Viet Nam Vets are standing their posts in heaven. So I'm out, but thank you in their memory.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
In for my uncle who was a Marine. He loved the corps. He started out as enlisted and retired as a Lieutenant Colonel.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I'll get in line and thanks very much for the thought, not just for me.

A co. 5th Anti Tank Bn (Ontos) Feb. 1968-April,1969
Semper Fi

Posts: 6394 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool karma 12131...glad to see you're honoring the Vietnam vets.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Karma Q. A lot of good guys and gals were there helping the ARVN in their struggle. Very happy a lot of the boat people made it over here. It was a traumatic experience for many people including the Vietnamese people.

I served in the 101st north of Hue Phu Bai and the A Shau Valley in '68-'69. I have received a Karma from you but wanted to say thanks again.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dad was an Air Force sentry dog handler at Phu Cat in 1969-70. He carried a P226 on duty for 20 years. This would be a cool gift.

Posts: 311 | Location: California | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Very generous karma! Again! I was in the Navy during the Viet Nam War, but never went there. I will not enter, as there are many that are more deserving of this karma. Thank you for your generosity.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Thanks For the chance. My father served in Vietnam as a pilot flying Huey's with the 240th AHC at camp Bearcat.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the opportunity. My father served aboard the USS Kittyhawk (aka the shitty-kitty) during Vietnam. Radio maintainer attached to one of the onboard squadrons.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
In Please. My younger brother decided to go Marines !

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
In for my Father. US Army Vet and was an M60 Gunner in the early years of the war.

I am grateful that he made it through and was able to raise me and my brothers into the men that we are today.

Thank you, as always, for your generosity.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very fine karma! I was in the 155 self propelled artillery around Saigon 68-69. Thank you for caring.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
Entering on behalf of my father. Thank you for your generosity.

Posts: 691 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post