SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So there is...um...a totally pink house blocks from me
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So there is...um...a totally pink house blocks from me Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Anybody know of any recent sales near pink houses so we can test the theory of diminished value?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15733 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
That guy is the reason you need deed restrictions and an HOA.

No thanks.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I forgot so many people drive through their neighborhoods / drink coffee from their porches, while judging everyone else's' lawns / houses.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
There are a few more homes out there with an amazing story behind them.

Purple with green trim. Oh, and don't forget the black and yellow spots...

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I forgot so many people drive through their neighborhoods / drink coffee from their porches, while judging everyone else's' lawns / houses.

Surely you realize that if YOU'RE house was next door to this guy's house, the value of your home would be diminished because of your neighbor's tastes, right? I mean, even if you LIKED the ostentatious color of his house (AND ROOF!), if you decided you wanted to sell yours, most of the potential buyers of your house would be so turned off by your neighbor's tastes, they would take a pass on your house. You get that, right? So, you can see why folks are talking about it - not because they're snobs and "judgmental" as you suggested, but because his tastes definitely bring down the home values of the houses closest to him. Right?

Don't get me wrong - I fully believe that he has every right to decorate his house anyway he sees fit. If one of my neighbors decided to make his home look like a piece of shit like this guy did, I would never even think of trying to get him to change anything - he has every right with his own private property. But, my wife and I would have to move, which means we'd take a beating on the value of our home. We'd have to decide whether or not it would be worse to take a beating on the sale price of our home, or to live next to such a distasteful neighbor.

That's the only reason this thread is continuing on.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10716 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RHINOWSO hails from Haiti. Pink is a very dominant color theme there. It provides a nice background to the tire burning and rioting in the streets.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
RHINOWSO hails from Haiti. Pink is a very dominant color theme there. It provides a nice background to the tire burning and rioting in the streets.

Ah, well, I was just thinking about my home - America.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10716 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I have customer that painted her entire house baby blue. The entire freaking thing. Gutters, trim, roof, everything. The only thing not painted blue is her doors which are pink. She's a complete nut.

Looked and looked for a house without an HOA, thought she found one, until her neighbors did some digging. Found that the original owner of the land that sold to the neighborhood at some point in the 80's joined the HOA for the land he sold off to make the neighborhood. Since he agreed to join and make some off and on payments she was sued by HOA. They made her take down her very ugly fence, but the entire house is still blue.

I have installed 20 flood lights and recess around the perimeter of her house because she's deathly afraid of sneaky ninjas or something.

I couldn't imagine being her neighbor, ruined a million dollar home.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20845 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I have customer that painted her entire house baby blue. The entire freaking thing. Gutters, trim, roof, everything. The only thing not painted blue is her doors which are pink. She's a complete nut.

Looked and looked for a house without an HOA, thought she found one, until her neighbors did some digging. Found that the original owner of the land that sold to the neighborhood at some point in the 80's joined the HOA for the land he sold off to make the neighborhood. Since he agreed to join and make some off and on payments she was sued by HOA. They made her take down her very ugly fence, but the entire house is still blue.

I have installed 20 flood lights and recess around the perimeter of her house because she's deathly afraid of sneaky ninjas or something.

I couldn't imagine being her neighbor, ruined a million dollar home.

Maybe we need to introduce these two! True love!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8670 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
There are a few more homes out there with an amazing story behind them.

Purple with green trim. Oh, and don't forget the black and yellow spots...

"Only, here and there, an old sailor,
Drunk and asleep in his boots,
Catches tigers
In red weather."

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
insert "I hate neighborhood associations' comments here.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12448 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
And he has the gall to display a cross in front of the fence.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post