SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need some Toyota Tundra input - any one year better than the others?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some Toyota Tundra input - any one year better than the others? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've had a 2007 and 2015, both solid.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a '13 that's still going strong after 145K miles on it. Replaced brakes three times and tires twice. Only oddity is the left turn-signal bulb has gone out twice. My only complaint is I wish the A/C was a bit more robust, it works however it seems underwhelming.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Should be really interesting to see what Toyota offers in the next version of the Tundra due out in 2020 or 2021. They've talked a bunch about offering a V6 in it. Don't know if that would be a good or bad thing, but it will prove interesting to watch.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:
I have a 2011 Tundra that has "the clunk". It's a thing. Apparently is was fixed in later models.

There isn't anything really "wrong" with the clunk, but it sounds funky, and feels strange. A little bit like somebody just barely rear-ends you when you stop, or take off from being stopped.

Love my truck. 125K miles. Long way to go, I hope.

Slight thread drift, my Ford had that, needed to grease drive shaft slip joint. Pretty easy and cheap fix.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair: My only complaint is I wish the A/C was a bit more robust, it works however it seems underwhelming.

I agree it’s underwhelming. Biggest issue imho is the rake of the windshield and the massive black dash that absorbs the UV and radiates a ton of heat. I find a windshield reflector a requirement while parked in the summer.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post