SIGforum
Need some Toyota Tundra input - any one year better than the others?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8210074754

June 05, 2019, 08:59 AM
matai
Need some Toyota Tundra input - any one year better than the others?
I've had a 2007 and 2015, both solid.
June 05, 2019, 10:25 AM
corsair
I've got a '13 that's still going strong after 145K miles on it. Replaced brakes three times and tires twice. Only oddity is the left turn-signal bulb has gone out twice. My only complaint is I wish the A/C was a bit more robust, it works however it seems underwhelming.
June 05, 2019, 07:00 PM
bigdeal
Should be really interesting to see what Toyota offers in the next version of the Tundra due out in 2020 or 2021. They've talked a bunch about offering a V6 in it. Don't know if that would be a good or bad thing, but it will prove interesting to watch.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
June 05, 2019, 07:35 PM
mjlennon
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:
I have a 2011 Tundra that has "the clunk". It's a thing. Apparently is was fixed in later models.

There isn't anything really "wrong" with the clunk, but it sounds funky, and feels strange. A little bit like somebody just barely rear-ends you when you stop, or take off from being stopped.

Love my truck. 125K miles. Long way to go, I hope.

Slight thread drift, my Ford had that, needed to grease drive shaft slip joint. Pretty easy and cheap fix.
June 05, 2019, 08:11 PM
jigray3
quote:
Originally posted by corsair: My only complaint is I wish the A/C was a bit more robust, it works however it seems underwhelming.

I agree it’s underwhelming. Biggest issue imho is the rake of the windshield and the massive black dash that absorbs the UV and radiates a ton of heat. I find a windshield reflector a requirement while parked in the summer.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman