SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "I destroyed my life"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"I destroyed my life" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
The most important thing is seeing a competent clincial psychologist. Anyone can call themselves a therapist and provide psychotherapy. Psychologists like physicians are licensed and are held to high standards.

Posts: 17270 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My wife has a student who now wants to be a boy/man. This person is late teens. But other than the physical efforts to appear more male, she/he doesn't act particularly male and doesn't interact with people the way men do, but still behaves more like a woman. Maybe that is socialization and living 18 years as a girl, but . . .

I won't pretend to understand any of this, but it is hard to understand that this isn't a psychological condition for all but a few people with some real genetic or developmental dysfunction.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My interest meter is pegged at zero!

Posts: 1549 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well thanks for posting that! Are you the guy that posts in the Football thread indicating you do not watch football??

Posts: 17270 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I destroyed my life"

Unfortunately, there's going to be a lot of this in the next few years, I think. Frown Most of it we won't hear about.

Posts: 27998 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post