SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    On top of today being a pivotal day in US history, I gave my son to the Corps.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On top of today being a pivotal day in US history, I gave my son to the Corps. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Semper Fi! He will always remember those Yellow Footprints! (Those who know, know!)

Posts: 490 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Marine? I used to work for the parent company (Navy).

Best wishes to him!

You are correct V-Tail, the Marines are a department of the Navy...the mens department!! Big Grin

jljones, please offer my congratulations your son, and a hearty "Semper Fi"!

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Is he going to San Diego or Parris Island?

Posts: 2229 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Marine? I used to work for the parent company (Navy).

Best wishes to him!
You are correct V-Tail, the Marines are a department of the Navy...the mens department!!
Yeah, but the Navy let me play with Regulus missiles. The Marines, great as they are, were not able to match that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Congrats, sir! Reminds me of my son and daughter making that decision, too.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING!

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, the boy called today. They have on base liberty today. He completed the crucible this week. First class PFT, Expert rifle score, first class swim qual. All he has left is a couple of weeks of “life skills” classes ( think how to balance a. Check book, not marry a stripper, not get taken for 76 percent financing) and he graduates a week from Friday.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Well, the boy called today. They have on base liberty today. He completed the crucible this week. First class PFT, Expert rifle score, first class swim qual. All he has left is a couple of weeks of “life skills” classes ( think how to balance a. Check book, not marry a stripper, not get taken for 76 percent financing) and he graduates a week from Friday.

Wait a second...
"Not marry a stripper"?

What fun is that?!?
And if you're not married and divorced at least once by the time you pick up Corporal, are you really a Marine? I think they kick you out of anything 0300 MOS related if you don't have some sort of depend-a-potomus living just off base. Cool

And I would hope he shot expert! I think he may have has some prior coaching! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8358 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
He's going great! (How can you keep your shirt buttoned?)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to him—and you!

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Congrats jljones, happy to hear he is doing great.

Gods Bless the US Military

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Today in life skills class we will discuss how the ecosystem of the dependapotamous is directly related to your cutting score. Please turn to Terminal Lance, page 87.”

Congrats to both you and your son!!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Independence Day [1996] Will Smith is a Marine officer that dates a stripper. He should have been an enlisted marine already married to a stripper.

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats Jerry, another great person to help our country.

-c1steve

Posts: 4061 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful son!

Posts: 849 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:
In Independence Day [1996] Will Smith is a Marine officer that dates a stripper. He should have been an enlisted marine already married to a stripper.

Exactly!
That striper gave him super powers and he saved THE WORLD!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8358 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
My hats off to you and your son. Prayers sent for safety and courage. I truly admire and respect his decision to serve....said it many times but worth repeating; perhaps the biggest regret of my life was not serving in the US armed forces.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
That's awesome!!!

Posts: 12543 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Semper Fidelis!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1178 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Considering his lineage, I’d say he will do well. Congrats.

Posts: 6018 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post