SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Third Worst Movie of ALL Time
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Third Worst Movie of ALL Time Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I went in with low expectations, but thought it's INDIANA freaking JONES - How bad can it be? Very, very bad. The only good thing to come out of that movie was the epic mocking it got on Southpark.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This thread provides proof positive that very little quality comes out of Hollyweird.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
American Anthem with Janet Jones ( Gretzky ). Except she was extremely hot! Big Grin

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
I'll second "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". They should have left the series at three movies. Natasha Fatale was rolling in her cartoon grave after hearing Cate Blanchett's accent.

The 007 Bond movies are great even though they can be a bit cheesy at times. The one exception is "Die Another Day", a cheesefest whose stench is somewhere between limburger and skunk corpse. I can't decide which is worse: Madonna's Muzak or Halle Berry's attempt at acting. I own most of the other 007 flicks on disc but that piece of crap has been banned from infecting my TV screen.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Happening. Close second to After Earth. Will Smith seems to have been great at everything except raising his children.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Have not been to the movies in more than 30 years, and apparently have not missed anything.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Someone else said Clan of the Cave Bear, and I second that. I had a friend in college that picked it out because of the cover.

I have read all 4 books related to that story. Pretty well written. Watched about 30 minutes of the movie on TV (AIR) and turned it off. Had virtually nothing to do with the book.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JordanR:
Tom Hanks in "The man with one red shoe"

Another Hanks classic "Joe vs. the volcano"

How he even has a holly wood career after these two movies defies all that is right in the universe.

talk about a waste of film stock.

Add The Burbs, Volunteers, Turner and Hooch.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Thing with 2 Heads"

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Add The Burbs, Volunteers, Turner and Hooch.[/QUOTE]

"Klopek, is that a Slavic name?"

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I actually thought 'The Burbs' was pretty funny, and his other flick 'The Money Pit' - a sort of remake of an old Carey Grant flick. I actually like the Grant version better. And Apollo 13 wasn't bad...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a sort of different take on movies and hollyweird. This is a gun forum and most of us here are also conservatives. Therefore we are the folks that most of the hollyweird types hate the most. So I figure if we don't patronize those who hate us they won't be raking in the huge salary that allows them the luxury that they are so used to. Why pay them when they hate us, like giving money to countries who hate us so they won't hate us so much-yeah right-that works every time. I haven't gone to a movie in years and I haven't watched them on tv either. My tv watching is mostly hunting and fishing shows, I can relate to them. I can't relate to some snot nosed kid making millions and putting our kind down as Elmer Fudd types while they lead a life of excess.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I forgot "Out of Africa". 15 minutes of Meryl Streep reciting "I had a farm in Africa" over and over in a really bad Afrikaner accent. It went downhill from there.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
Phantasm,

Man, are you kidding me? Phantasm was awesome. Scared the crap out of me.

The sequels sucked, though.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Highlander II.

/thread

For the win! Big Grin

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
The Eighth Day and The Exorcist II.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
There's some good movies mentioned in this thread. Some people just have different tastes, or go in expecting the wrong thing.

Even something as bad as The Apple, now has some readeeming value, you can sort of watch it and enjoy how bad it is. Truly bad movies don't even have that.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John-Boy goes to space- "Battle Beyond the Stars".

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beatles "Yellow Submarine".

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post