SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Johnny Depp / Amber Heard Saga
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Johnny Depp / Amber Heard Saga Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Randomly came across this so I'll hang it here for some good vibes in the thread. Didn't watch the whole thing, but the 30 sec or so from when this clip starts is pretty cute.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
While I think he is whacked in the head I have heard he is very generous with his time for children. Props to him for spending his time with sick kids and making their day!

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I don't know if anyone's following this, but DAMN, that woman is human garbage! There's so much audio recordings and I'm pretty sure it was all from her. She tried so many times to goad him into smacking her but he never took the bait, even when he was high.

I tell you what, if I was married to that woman, I'd be on drugs too. I'm no Johnny Depp fan anymore, but I hope he cleans her out. All her friends have abandoned her as well.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I've been catching clips from this trial, and Depp has been hilarious. One of my favorite moments:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for the dude. She wrecked his career and now he gets to put all of his demons on display to prove it. She sucks.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well I'll say this, whether or not he wins his suit, this trial (is this considered a trial?) will be a winner for Depp in the end. Yeah he's airing his dirty laundry, but it has pretty much redeemed his reputation, at least in regards to being a domestic abuser. On the other hand, this trial has been a disaster for Heard. Her image is toast.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't know the details of any of it and I haven't followed it and I don't give the first shit about the spat between these two spoiled Hollywood assholes. What I do care about is the way this has been splashed all over the news, all over social media, to the point that it's quite difficult to avoid online.

I think it's a complete disgrace how this silly fucking shit has been treated as a major news story. Why does anyone care about this crap? Why? These two people do not live in our world. They don't share the common problems we share. They are not part of society. They live in a privileged, fantasy world, where people worship them as gods. So, I ask you- who gives a fuck about their divorce? This kind of thing shows some of the worst in humanity.

If never again I saw either of their faces or heard either of their names, I would be fine with that. I want them, their lawyers and this court case to disappear- not only from public view, but from public memory, entirely.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

So, I ask you- who gives a fuck about their divorce?

This trial isn't about their divorce, that was over and done long ago. Its a defamation lawsuit that Depp filed. Amber waited until Depp had completed his payments to her as per their divorce agreement and then she attacked him by publishing an op-ed that she wrote to make him out to be an abusive man. Because of the "believe all women" BS, he was immediately black balled and lost out on future earnings (mainly for his role in Pirates).

I don't care about their relationship or whatever goes on in their self indulgent world that revolves around them, but I do care that this sociopathic woman who has abused her husband, then tried to ruin him publicly is being shown to the world for what she is and that all this #metoo and "believe all women" garbage is shown to be the fallacy it is.

Posts: 728 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
She’s the only one that gave a shit....

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
While I think he is whacked in the head I have heard he is very generous with his time for children. Props to him for spending his time with sick kids and making their day!

I don't much care for 'celebrity worship,' though there are certain celebs I like more than others. I don't like Depp's political attitudes, but I do respect those actors who do this for children. I've heard he does that a lot - gets dressed up in full Jack Sparrow attire and (in full character) visits sick children in hospitals and cancer wards. I think that would be the best part of being a 'celebrity' - being able to bring a measure of joy and healing to children in these circumstances.

As for Heard, I hope her career tanks out and she reaps what she sowed in all this. There was a huge backlash against Depp when he was assumed to be the perpetrator. People who didn't know jack about the credibility of the claims (such as Daniel Radcliffe/Harry Potter) called for him to be immediately removed from all projects because he was an 'abuser.' I believe this is why he was fired from the Fantastic Beasts movie series. Now we know that Heard was not the innocent victim but the actual perpetrator, there are stories that 'her role in Aquaman 2 might be reduced'. . . Nope, no double standard there.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If never again I saw either of their faces or heard either of their names, I would be fine with that. I want them, their lawyers and this court case to disappear- not only from public view, but from public memory, entirely.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agree completely. Airing the dirty laundry of celebrites who frankly are not interesting or nice.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I normally don't care about celebrity drama, but as a man who has been falsely accused and had his reputation threatened by a lying woman like her, this gives me great pleasure and satisfaction to see this woman exposed for who she is.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
So he was kicked of Pirates of the Caribbean because he abused women. Isn't that what pirates did?

Anyway this is so not news and just goes to show that the news channels have become entertainment shows.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I normally don't care about celebrity drama, but as a man who has been falsely accused and had his reputation threatened by a lying woman like her, this gives me great pleasure and satisfaction to see this woman exposed for who she is.

I believe this is the reason this case is so important - it shows that we can't really 'believe every woman' when they make claims like this. Heard is a despicable human being and her deceit and abuse need to be brought out into the light to raise awareness. Society is conditioned to IMMEDIATELY demonize every male when any accusation is made, before ANY kind of thoughtful analysis or attempt to get at the truth. Hopefully, this will do some good and help others who have been falsely accused.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Hound Dog--you're saying this is a #YouToo moment?

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, now I see. This is an elemental struggle.

Tell me something- In all the scores of news article and TV segments about this trial, has any reporter, TV personality or editorialist had the courage to speak up and say "This trial is about a fundamental issue in society as it exists today"?

Or are they simply pretending that it's a noteworthy trial merely because it's between two celebrities?

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Whole thing reminds me of a scene from Armageddon:

Karl : Sir, I'm retired navy, I know all about classified. But one more thing. The person that finds her gets to name her right?

Dan : Yes-yes that's right, that's right.

Karl : I wanna name her Dottie Amber, after my wife. She's a vicious life-sucking bitch from which there is no escape.

Posts: 23399 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys need to watch some Film Noir. Much classier women but just as diabolical.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

And wasn't a "loaf" left on their bed?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post