SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Flashlight spotlight recommendations?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flashlight spotlight recommendations? Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Big Fenix fan.

While I still carry a PD35 when I am on-call, there are lots of their lights I recommend, although the two last lights I purchased are Rechargeable.

The PD36R is probably as large as I can go for an EDC light. At 1600 lumens, it is plenty of light for most situations.

My PD40R V2.0 arrived yesterday. At 3000 lumens max, it is even a little brighter than the PD36R. The head is a little larger, enough in my opinion to just enough to knock it out of EDC. That said, if you are wearing cargo pants, the PD40R V2.0 will easily slip into a cargo pocket.

The one thing I did not like about the PD36R and PD40R V2.0 is that they do not use a 18650, but rather a 21700. Not a huge deal, but all of my lights are CR123 or 18650's. Well Fenix now has an adapter to use 18650s in a light that takes the 21700. Thank you Fenix!!!

I really want an LR40R with 12,000 lumens, but just cannot justify Smile the cost, right now.

There are codes available, so you need not pay retail.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’m on the hunt for the brightest reasonably sized handheld light that’s not too expensive.

On a smaller note, Streamlight will start shipping their Macrostream lights this month. AA sized rechargeable light at 500 lumens.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post