SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum now has a team of members patrolling Classifieds
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum now has a team of members patrolling Classifieds Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's a chance for members of our new team to try out their tools in order to make sure things are working for them:

This should be locked: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/8740067294

This should be deleted: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1600077394

Locks are reversible, but regarding deletions, make certain there appears to be no need to retain a thread (for instance, if there is a dispute about a transaction and the OP requests deletion. In such a case, it would be better to lock it and give it some time)

Why bother at all? Because the first page of Classifieds is prime real estate, where active ads should take precedence. Housekeeping, plain and simple.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I didn't see this until after the one you said should be deleted was, well, deleted

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Boss, what, if anything should we do about things like this: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...290018394#6290018394

As you can see: I warned him. I'm guessing he saw it, because he did add a display email address, but his email address remains in the advert.

Should I edit it for him, or let him (possibly) learn the hard way?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Give him until this evening and if he doesn't respond, you can edit the post.

That's merely a courtesy, because the damage is done already, of course. The spiders have surely picked up that address.

When it comes to a member's ad, it's always preferable to allow the member to do the editing, but if they don't respond within a reasonable time, have at it.

posted Hide Post
Imagine how on top of everything we’d be if we could run our Country like this forum?! Kick ass!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for taking this on.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Strong move.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Para, would this be something that should be deleted after a suitable length of time: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...890068394#8890068394 ? If so: How long?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Longtime member, several hundred posts. You can delete it now if you like.

posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you (new and old) putting in the time for other members.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, I just want to say that it's nice to know Classifieds is being monitored and it's quite the treat that I'm not the one doing most of it. Smile Thanks very much for the help.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Pleased to be able to help the membership and help take some of the load off you, boss Smile
You're more than welcome.

posted Hide Post
Yeah....I see the Mods active, nice work and thanks !

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Question about this: In the past, if we saw something that looked "off" in a Classified Ad, we used the little triangle thingy in the lower right of the post to bring it to the attention of management.

Should we still do this, or should we maybe use email to notify a member of Q's team? (The Q Team is better than the A Team!)

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Certainly, you can continue to report posts.

posted Hide Post
Yes, great idea and they are doing a great job.

Thanks to all!

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bumping this for exposure, and I want to take this opportunity to thank our four member team- 12131, redleg2/9, ensigmatic and smschulz.

The four of you are doing a great job, and I mean this sincerely. You guys have been a fantastic help to me in keeping the reptiles out of Classifieds. Enough time has passed that each of you has developed your own style for addressing the issues in Classifieds. Once you get into that groove, you'll get better and better I can't thank you enough.

No doubt, the four of you have now discovered the tedium which is part of policing a discussion forum. When it gets boring just remember how much you're helping.

Also, I want to thank all those members who report their suspicions to me via the report-this-post function. You guys have bagged quite a few trophies over the years and I am grateful for your efforts.

All of this is having a positive effect on Classifieds activity. The number of reports of scammer activity in this forum has dropped to almost nothing. I have no delusions that we're out of the woods, but we are far better off now than we were at this time last year.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Excellent job fellas, many thanks

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" I love it when a plan comes together"
- Hannibal Smith

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for keeping an eye on the Classifieds and thank you Para for this place of refuge.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post