SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brevard county deputies shooting video.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brevard county deputies shooting video. Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Has the dead scumbag's mom gone on tv yet to ask why they had to kill her boy while explaining that he was turning his life around? Maybe he was aspiring hip hop artist too. Is she suing the cops yet?

Posts: 3548 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
The mag release is not that sensitive and is adjacent to the trigger guard - the Deputy just panicked, which is not surprising under that type of stress.

Maybe I have hobbit thumbs, but I don't own a defensive pistol where I can fully press the mag release while using a shooting grip. I have to do a slight change in grip to eject the mag.
I could be in the minority.
Something like this situation, I would like think I would have a proper grip.

Posts: 7368 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
^^Bingo. Yeah, they had no idea the dreadlock savage in the back seat of that mid-sized car wasn't sitting in the back with an AR pistol! Dude wasn't sporting a .380 in his pocket! Lock'em all up. Well except for the moron with 20 holes in him.

I'd cut the baby some slack as well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Serious question: Would adopting the butt (base/heel) mag release at the base of the pistol be a better bet, or are the disadvantages (which I would assume to be reload time) not be worth this trade-off???

I've heard about too many inadvertent mag drops.

now that I think about it, maybe it takes 2 hands to use the Butt style mag release. Never used one, or thought that much about it.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10930 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK style paddle release might be better at avoiding inadvertent mag drops. Heel release takes too much time for a mag change.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Maybe he was aspiring hip hop artist too.

You get credit even if that wasn't intended Wink

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2011 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Heel release takes too much time for a mag change.
I dunno. I'm not particularly fast with either, but I have seen some people who are really speedy with magazine changes on a P7.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I agree, with a little practice a P7 heel release is surprisingly easy to use. However, it is a SS magazine which is also easier to handle IMO.

Posts: 12472 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For quite awhile I carried a Euro P225 with the heel release. With practice, you can get pretty fast with mag changes and do them one handed, too.
The heel release system isn't faster than the button release, IMHO anyway.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Donut Operator's review of shooting (quite entertaining and truthful):

Posts: 3947 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Wilder was out on bond for two felony drug charges and two active felony warrants when the shooting happened.
The system is broken and the system is being abused by those who consider punishing people for the crimes they commit, to be "systemic racism"

This is absolutely true. I could not agree more.

"Progressive" DA's repeatedly try to placate the usual suspects (progressive idiots) and refuse to hold people in jail until trial. I can't tell you all how many times we arrest a criminal who should be locked up, for a crime that he/she commits that WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED if they were still in jail for the other crime they committed.

It's getting worse and worse, as society allows these folks free reign to continue to offend.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Just for the fun of it,I think the now room temp (or maybe ambient temp)guy should be left out of jail. That bastard will soon be too smelly for even the other inmates to deserve. That really would be cruel and unusual punishment, even before they get their asses convicted.

In my advanced age and such, I'm starting to believe in the Constitution. Most folks do deserve a fair bond hearing. The deputy who did the mag dump did give him one. See, after everyone has left the scene there may be some question on what happened. Since only the participants were there there was no question the bastard needed killin'. Of course the one chicken shit ran off so he was probably not too guilty. I'm liberal enough to give him a pass until the jailers catch up with him and instill some common sense. His survival chances aren't too good in the jail house. I feel for the baby. He didn't deserve any of it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta ask. How are you doing one handed mag changes with a heel release? And fast? Sounds gymnastic.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I gotta ask. How are you doing one handed mag changes with a heel release? And fast? Sounds gymnastic.

Since when did a thumb release mag change become a 'one handed' mag change?

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2093 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It isn’t but I think you knew that. My question was related to how a heel release certainly adds a complication to a one handed mag change. Yooper sounded like he might have had a technique to make it less gymnastic using heel release. Curiosity.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... Heel mag change is harder to explain than do. Weak hand thumb releases the mag catch while the index finger hooks the front lip of the magazine and pulls it free. I would try a video of it, but I no longer own a heel release gun.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Damn! Shit happens fast.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post