SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had a stroke… Update Page 4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had a stroke… Update Page 4 Login/Join 
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers sent!

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Here is to healing quickly!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That is terrifying and you seem to be handling it far better than I would.

I wish you all the best and based on how you seem to be handling it you will get there.

Take care and heal up.

Chris.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that Bill. I'll be praying for healing and strength for you.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 883 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 5690 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for a fast recovery.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19574 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Sending good thoughts and prayers, Bill!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Sending prayers for a fast recovery and complete healing.

Posts: 4492 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
That is terrifying and you seem to be handling it far better than I would.

I wish you all the best and based on how you seem to be handling it you will get there.

Take care and heal up.

Chris.

A big Amen, there, Bro.

Back a few years and one of my junior officers had stroke - at age 24 - in the middle of giving a presentation to a visiting dignitary. If it can be to be lucky, his right side was affected, and he is left-handed. His career in the RAF ended that afternoon, but within six weeks you'd never know that anything had happened to him. Do everything the medics say, especially by way of physical therapy. Over here in UK we're rooting for you!!

Posts: 11303 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Wishing you well, Bill. I hope you recover quickly and completely.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12741 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear of this. I hope you were able to get to a hospital as fast as possible as soon as you realized you were having a stroke. The time that goes by before hospital treatment is started is critical.

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a speedy recovery!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Was sitting and watching Netflix this past Friday night when all of sudden my right hand quit working. When my wife asked what was wrong and I tried to answer, nothing but mumbling would come out!

This is a journey I wasn’t prepared for, but I have no choice now. No idea how long I will be in the hospital, but hopefully home soon as this is pure misery!

The good news is you're still alive, praying for a quick and complete recovery.

Posts: 1617 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It's always good when you are able to start a thread about having had a stroke. Wink

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Praying for you and yours!

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Best wishes on a good recovery Bill,

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Thank God your wife was there and noticed something wasn’t right. My very best wishes on your quick recovery.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5273 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
^^ Prayers for a full recovery BB.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19092 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
That sounds terrifying. Wishing you and the wife the best in your recovery. Is there anything that we could do to help you?

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Good luck and best wishes and prayers for you Bill.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post