https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8090045294

June 07, 2022, 09:10 AM
cruiser68
Had a stroke… Update Page 4
Thoughts and prayers sent!
June 07, 2022, 09:13 AM
SIGnified
Here is to healing quickly!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
June 07, 2022, 09:15 AM
cslinger
That is terrifying and you seem to be handling it far better than I would.

I wish you all the best and based on how you seem to be handling it you will get there.

Take care and heal up.

Chris.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
June 07, 2022, 09:17 AM
Browndrake
I'm sorry to hear that Bill. I'll be praying for healing and strength for you.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

June 07, 2022, 09:22 AM
k5blazer
Prayers sent.
June 07, 2022, 09:28 AM
Rey HRH
Prayers sent for a fast recovery.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
June 07, 2022, 09:44 AM
6guns
Sending good thoughts and prayers, Bill!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
June 07, 2022, 10:01 AM
snoris
Sending prayers for a fast recovery and complete healing.
June 07, 2022, 10:48 AM
tacfoley
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
That is terrifying and you seem to be handling it far better than I would.

I wish you all the best and based on how you seem to be handling it you will get there.

Take care and heal up.

Chris.

A big Amen, there, Bro.

Back a few years and one of my junior officers had stroke - at age 24 - in the middle of giving a presentation to a visiting dignitary. If it can be to be lucky, his right side was affected, and he is left-handed. His career in the RAF ended that afternoon, but within six weeks you'd never know that anything had happened to him. Do everything the medics say, especially by way of physical therapy. Over here in UK we're rooting for you!!
June 07, 2022, 10:52 AM
ArtieS
Wishing you well, Bill. I hope you recover quickly and completely.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
June 07, 2022, 10:54 AM
StorminNormin
I am so sorry to hear of this. I hope you were able to get to a hospital as fast as possible as soon as you realized you were having a stroke. The time that goes by before hospital treatment is started is critical.
June 07, 2022, 10:55 AM
Rotty37
Prayers for a speedy recovery!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
June 07, 2022, 10:59 AM
calugo
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Was sitting and watching Netflix this past Friday night when all of sudden my right hand quit working. When my wife asked what was wrong and I tried to answer, nothing but mumbling would come out!

This is a journey I wasn’t prepared for, but I have no choice now. No idea how long I will be in the hospital, but hopefully home soon as this is pure misery!

The good news is you're still alive, praying for a quick and complete recovery.
June 07, 2022, 11:34 AM
Gustofer
It's always good when you are able to start a thread about having had a stroke. Wink

June 07, 2022, 11:37 AM
TheFrontRange
Praying for you and yours!
June 07, 2022, 11:43 AM
HRK
Best wishes on a good recovery Bill,

June 07, 2022, 12:08 PM
irreverent
Thank God your wife was there and noticed something wasn’t right. My very best wishes on your quick recovery.

"Trust, but verify."
June 07, 2022, 12:12 PM
old rugged cross
^^ Prayers for a full recovery BB.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
June 07, 2022, 12:26 PM
bigpond73
That sounds terrifying. Wishing you and the wife the best in your recovery. Is there anything that we could do to help you?

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.
June 07, 2022, 12:45 PM
Sigfest
Good luck and best wishes and prayers for you Bill.