SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Peter Tork died
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peter Tork died Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
My first album was the Monkey’s refocus, a hand me down from my older brother.

Archerman

Posts: 2488 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
sad news

another piece of my childhood has disappeared

My exact feelings.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I had there first album way, way back but for some reason I didn't know he was that old.

Posts: 3466 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
RIP Peter. Frown Really sucks...first band I remember listening to and following.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Tork. Frown

Posts: 15035 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Hurts a little to this look of youth and promise, and to know it's all gone by. But such is life. We make room for those who are next.

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
I know a lot of useless trivia about The Monkees.

The songwriter of "Daydream Believer" was John Stewart, formerly of the Kingston Trio. He was pissed that the RCA brass insisted on changing the lyrics during the recording session.

Originally, the lines were:

You once thought of me
As a white knight on his steed
Now you know how funky I can be

... which were changed to:

Now you know how happy I can be

Stewart said "Now the song makes absolutely no sense."

But, he admitted, he still cashed the royalty checks.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked their music and liked their show. The show was kind of silly but fun. It appeared they had fun making it.

Great music, simpler times. We had one phone, it was black and had a dial.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post