SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What kind of bike (with pedals) do you, or did you ride? Post pics!!!
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What kind of bike (with pedals) do you, or did you ride? Post pics!!! Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I love that color
side_shot. Cool

I was happy to see Marin continue the dirt colored paint job for another year on their Nicasio +.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is me in the photo. It was my first bicycle. The photo is 60 years old. Don’t remember what kind of bicycle it is. Does anyone know?

Yes, I got the jacket at Yankee Stadium, and if memory serves me right, fans were allowed on the field after the game.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

That is the only bicycle I've ever had. I traveled all over Detroit on its excellent bus system for most of my time there.

flashguy

flashguy, in answer to this old post. Your remark about the DSR (Detroit Street Railways) reminded me of something. Went to a party with my girlfriend at the time (1969) near Cooley High.

I was the topic of discussion because I lived waaaay out in Farmington, had a car and drivers license.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That is a great picture wingspar!

What kind of car is that in the background?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post

This is a pic of my first bike (not the actual one) in the early 50's. A Huffy Flyer that my parents won in a drawing at the local grocery store.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
No pics handy but I have riden thousands of miles on various bicycles in my life, but don't own a single one at the moment.

BMX as a kid, from a cheap Huffy to a fancy Hutch Pro. Love old school classics like Haro Freestylers and PK Rippers, still.

Cross Country / Freeride / Downhill later, in my 20s and beyond, from an early hardtail Stumpjumper to various custom builds, some full suspension, several combos.

Road Bikes, from a used Schwinn 10-speed way back to a custom steel-frame racing bike w fancy parts, carbon hybrid wheels, all sorts of shit like that.

I'd like an E Bike and a Fat Tire bike next.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
wingspar, Is that a Studebaker Commander behind you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Here's a shot taken this morning of my Schwinn Sting-Ray Cotton Picker. I received this bicycle Christmas morning 1970. It's mostly original if not showing it's age.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Nothing special as a kid, usual kids bikes, “Stingray”, and “10-speed” styles pre-driver’s license. Most of them came from Sears.

Bought a KHS “Zaca” in 2016 when I decided I needed to get more exercise. Not really needing a mountain bike as it was ridden on streets and paved urban trails, but being well north of 300 lbs I was afraid of breaking a “regular” bike

It got a fair amount of use in 2016, but once the cold weather set in I didn’t really get back into it like I should have in 2017.

This year I really changed my habits and started serious exercise routine. A lot of Peloton miles got me ready to ride a “real” bike again. Wasn’t really happy with the Zaca for riding around the area. VERY heavy, low gears I didn’t need and the highest gears weren’t enough to keep me happy. Big fat tires with lots of rolling resistance destroyed momentum as soon as I started an incline. To top it all off, it was a large frame when I should have been on a medium so everytime I had to stop there was an awkward balance/angle issue to deal with to avoid scrotal injuries.

After losing over 100 pounds I realized I didn’t have to worry about breaking a “regular” bike so in September I sold the Zaca and bought a Giant “Escape 2”. Double chainring up front and 8 speed cassette is much better gearing for riding urban area. Hydraulic disc brakes are even better than the cable discs that were on the Zaca. Proper frame size is a big improvement and I was shocked at how lightweight it is compared to the Zaca.

The day after I bought it I went 45 miles on it and loved the first 43 or so, was totally spent after that. With winter here I am back to getting all my miles from the Peloton, but can’t wait until spring so I can start riding outside again.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
That is a great picture wingspar!

What kind of car is that in the background?

Thanks. It is a Studebaker.

---------------
Gary

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
wingspar, Is that a Studebaker Commander behind you?

It is a Studebaker, but I don’t know what model. My father had 2 or 3 Studebakers. The one in the photo was the last Studebaker he owned before he bought a Mercedes 190 SL for $10k brand new. He still had the 190 SL when I was in high school.

---------------
Gary

posted Hide Post
A green Raliegh Chopper back in the early 70's.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post

Oh if I could count the times this majestic steed took me to the ball park, to the comic book store, to the pharmacy where we all got an ice cream cone on those humid Boston Saturday afternoons...

...or into the woods where we had countless adventures as the weather got cold and the leaves turned color...

Yea. I loved this bike. My Good Buddy.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
A bicycle that looked like a motorcycle, complete with plastic engine with sound effects.

A Schwinn Apple Krate.

A Schwinn Continental.

A Schwinn Le Tour.

Another Schwinn Continental.

A Diamondback V-Link.

A Schwinn Prologue (still have).

A Ridley Helium SL (current ride).

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I took my plus size tire (2.8 in) bike out for an ice ride yesterday. Big Grin

The older model Marin Pine Mountain is such a cool bike. With a full 4130 chromoly frame, a rigid chromoly fork and dimensions that remind me more of a BMX bike than a mountain bike it’s a blast to ride.

Aired down to 15 psi the tubeless tires did pretty good in snow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
My current ride. 2010 Cannondale Synapse carbon. SRAM Rival with Mavic Ksyrium Pro wheels. Want to upgrade to Campagnolo Chorus this year.

synapse by Kent Matthew, on Flickr

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
Stingray, Pierce Arrow 10 speed, Motobecane, Gitane,Masi Prestige Vitus 942 and a Proflex 857.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Really like that Synapse!
Only pedaling I've been doing is indoors on the Peloton.
Need to get the Romeo down for an outdoor spin.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 911Boss:
Nought a KHS “Zaca” in 2016 when I decided I needed to get more exercise. Not really needing a mountain bike as it was ridden on streets and paved urban trails, but being well north of 300 lbs I was afraid of breaking a “regular” bike

QUOTE]

My first quality bike was a KHS mountain bike I purchased at a bike shop in Roanoke,Va.
KHS is not a common brand in this region, I bought the bike , swayed by it's styling more than anything. This was in 1999 approx. Sadly I should have paid more attention to sizing, as the bike did not fit me even after many stem ,handlebar and seat post changes.
Rode it many , many miles, but it was never comfortable. Later in 2001, I bought a Giant NRS2, that I have today. I was fitted for the Giant (19.0" tube), it fits me perfectly and is a dream to ride.I later sold the KHS. KHS is a good bike brand.

KHS = "Knowledge Health Strength"

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I love that my daughter rides almost the exact same bike, a Powerlite P51, that is pretty close to the one I built and raced at Hampton Super track (Hampton Virginia). Cool

These “mid-school” bikes are beginning to really fetch interesting prices online.

Side_Shot,

My bike is copying your bikes style. Big Grin

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~