SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:

Your a kind man

I didn't know that IQ points were awarded for breathing.

that was worth exactly 1

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Horizontal Harris, I wonder why the left took great pains to poke at Trump for his supposed sexual activities (prior to any political office of course) and completely gloss over that Harris was involved in the affair with a married man to further her political career?

Hypocrite much, MSM?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Did they not bus inner city kids to the nicer schools in the suburbs, and suburbs kids into the inner city, so what is she bitching about?

She grew up in fuckin’ Berkeley! Her dad was an econ professor at Stanford and her mother was a scientist who researched breast cancer. The only inner city she ever saw was from the freeway.

She also isn't black:

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pimple Gate. NBC puts pimple on Tulsi Gabbard.

Man if you are not part of the Democrat inside, you are trash.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I am now predicting Mattress Harris and either Julian Castro or Pete Butty-Gig as Veep for the Democrat 2020 ticket, it's going to be a minority or gay man there in the Veep slot.

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That oughtta make for a pretty interesting pool - minority woman (married to a white guy) from a major pool of Dem voters and donors versus minority gay man from a state (Texas) that the Dems would dearly love to flip.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ideoloons

quote:
One look at the lineup of Democrat presidential candidates and I have to wonder what we’re coming to -- is this the best the party can come up with? Really? If the Democrats make up roughly half the population, then why are these people the cream that’s risen to the top? If they’re the top, what on God’s green earth is at the bottom?

What’s at the bottom is thoughtlessness – empty, emotional symbolism hardened into a rock-hard ideology. This lack of thought is foundational to the left. You can’t have curious, inquisitive minds mucking about trying to make sense out of things if none of the goals of your organization is sensible. What they must have is a battalion of ideologues.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ That was a great article!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
My old granddaddy used to shake his head and say, "That shit makes me glad that I'm old and ain't gonna be around here much longer."

I didn't really understand that then...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My 84-year old mother has been saying that for the past 10 years. I too, several years ago, started to understand what she means and why.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
So they fear it will devolve into a horror show??………………………..Opps, too late.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Kamala Harris hired lawyer Marc Elias as campaign general counsel.

Elias heads law firm Perkins Coie’s political law group.

Elias was the lawyer who hired Fusion GPS for their hit job on Donald Trump.

He also led the effort to keep recounting votes until Al Franken won a Minnesota senate seat in 2008.

Elias was Clinton's campaign attorney for 2016.

Elias is a nasty piece of work. He should fit right in w the Harris team.

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Hickenlooper: Hard to Fundraise When You Don’t Promise Free Stuff
Struggling 2020 hopeful calls top Democratic ideas 'pie in the sky'

July 2, 2019 1:35 PM

Former Colorado governor John Hickenlooper admitted Tuesday it's hard to get donations from Democrats when his campaign isn't promising things like free health care and college.

Hickenlooper wouldn't answer MSNBC anchor Craig Melvin when asked about his second-quarter fundraising total, sheepishly saying "we certainly haven't raised $24 million," a reference to Mayor Pete Buttigieg's latest haul. Hickenlooper saw several campaign departures this week as he struggles to stay relevant in the crowded 2020 field, barely polling at 1 percent in national and early-primary state polls.

"The bottom line is for a small campaign like us from a, you know—Colorado's about 6 million or a little less than 6 million people—it's harder to raise money because we don't—we're not promising free health care or, you know, free tuition for everyone, forgive student debt," Hickenlooper said. "We're trying to present a picture of this country and what it can be in the future that will resonate with everyone, and that has, you know, that's a harder vehicle by which to get small donors."

Melvin said it sounded like Hickenlooper was describing two key Democratic proposals—canceling student debt and free health care—as "pie-in-the-sky" ideas.

https://freebeacon.com/politic...-promise-free-stuff/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Former CA Democrat Bigwig Willie Brown has declared :

quote:
The first Democratic debates proved one thing: We still don’t have a candidate who can beat Donald Trump.

Even his ex-mistress, Horizontal Harris...

You just inspired me to suggest her campaign theme:

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Toot Toot!

Add one more to the Dem clown car cavalcade of catastrophe!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and Swallow is out

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
and Swallow is out

I preferred his other nickname: "Duke Nuke 'Em"

He never even got close to 1% in the dem primaries. Talk about a loser!

Democratic Rep. Swalwell warns gun owners that 'government has nukes'

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
and Swallow is out

I preferred his other nickname: "Duke Nuke 'Em"

He never even got close to 1% in the dem primaries. Talk about a loser!

Democratic Rep. Swalwell warns gun owners that 'government has nukes'

Irradiate our own soil? Sounds great.

I mean it worked out really well for Ivan at Chernobyl.

That'll teach them pesky gun owners.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post