Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220 Login/Join 
posted
I have a brand new NIB P220 .045 and it is a beautiful gun I know nothing about! It was my fathers who was a dealer and passed. Serial numberG212488 I sent Sig Sauer a message and they said that it was to far back for their records. Maybe someone here can help me with this. I have pictures but not sure how to attach?

Posts: 2 | Registered: July 06, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard. Your P220 dates to 1993. We have a nearly complete serial number listing on the Forum page for Sig Pistols.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Welcome!
The Sig P220 was my first Sig. I love that gun!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Specifically, it's a 'KC' West German P220, where 'KC' is the Proof/Date Code for 1993...Very Nice! Cool

Here's a link to the SIGforum Classic P-Series Serial # List thread in the SIG Pistols sub-forum --> https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1810019194

And, Welcome to SIGforum!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard. The fine people here are very knowledgeable about many things Sig. I have learned a lot over the years from the members and you will enjoy it here as well.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I can't disagree with anything the fine gentlemen above said.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the SIG Forum, coolest place on the internet Smile
As the others said, check out the pistol section.
I have a P220 close to your serial number. Had it for many years and it’s my favorite Sig. You have an awesome pistol and that it belonged to your father makes it even better.

Posts: 729 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum! Awesome group of folks we have here.

I won the P220 raffle here years ago. Unfortunately never fired a single round out of it. Had plans to upgrade it with some action work by Robert Burke, the Sig Armorer. Even more unfortunately, I fell into a financial situation where I had to sell it. Frown

Posts: 13115 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I've put a lot of rounds through 220's. They are a joy to shoot and with their .45ACP goodness are great to brag about. That's a nice thing to inherit.

Posts: 6395 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
The only thing I have to add is: The P220 shoots like a Cadillac drives.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1367 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum, from a long time fan of the P-220.

I hope your P-220 treats you as well as mine have treated me.

For me, it is well-balanced and never lets me down.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Link to the numbers page.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1810019194

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Email me a pic or two and I’ll post them for you. Email in my profile.

I carried the basically same pistol (G226146) for @25 years. It was issued to me in 1994 and didn’t get replaced until about 2018 with a P220R. It was elegant and accurate and fit my hand perfectly- like it was made for it. Congrats on such a grand heirloom.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Rick, welcome to Sigforum. Glad to have you on board.

Regarding your P220, based on exhaustive research, Google searches and 3 cups of military grade coffee this morning, I must unfortunately inform you that your Sig is actually a Pakistani knock-off and virtually worthless.

Fortunately for you, I am one of very few Pakistani knock-off collectors, so I can help you reduce your losses by offering you a great deal: I will give you $50 (cash money, no less), a partially used $25 Target gift card, and what's left of the share sized box of Raisinets from my June foray into the movie theater. It has been folded shut at the end, so they're still good. To sweeten the deal further, I will give you a slightly used but like new unitard taken from former member Cliff, whose proclivity toward cannabis use forced his exclusion from our online fraternity.

Of course, you'll have the good manners to ship on your dime, since I'm throwing in the unitard and whatnot, right?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Rick. As you see, almost all of SigForum members are very kind and helpful to newbies. Then there are those with a warped sense of humor.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've made the same type of offer as slabsides45 but never as generous....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Cliff was << smoking dope >> if I recall correctly, so just hold onto your P220 and cherish the fine piece of art it is! Also, shoot it! Don’t relegate its years to being a safe queen.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Welcome, Rick. As you see, almost all of SigForum members are very kind and helpful to newbies. Then there are those with a warped sense of humor.
I think the Raisinets will anchor the deal. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

Rick, welcome to Sigforum. Glad to have you on board.

Regarding your P220, based on exhaustive research, Google searches and 3 cups of military grade coffee this morning, I must unfortunately inform you that your Sig is actually a Pakistani knock-off and virtually worthless.

Fortunately for you, I am one of very few Pakistani knock-off collectors, so I can help you reduce your losses by offering you a great deal: I will give you $50 (cash money, no less), a partially used $25 Target gift card, and what's left of the share sized box of Raisinets from my June foray into the movie theater. It has been folded shut at the end, so they're still good. To sweeten the deal further, I will give you a slightly used but like new unitard taken from former member Cliff, whose proclivity toward cannabis use forced his exclusion from our online fraternity.

Of course, you'll have the good manners to ship on your dime, since I'm throwing in the unitard and whatnot, right?
slabsides is not to be trusted, but I am. Yours is the only model that is missing from my collection of Pakistani knock-offs, so I'll meet the untrustworthy slabsides offer, and throw in a rusty wheelbarrow with a flat tire. I'll need you to pay shipping both ways.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum Rick. You have one of the finest pistols ever. Glad you are here.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post