SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anti gun guy Alec hypocrite Baldwin Shoots and kills one, injures another

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Anti gun guy Alec hypocrite Baldwin Shoots and kills one, injures another Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
So Anti gun guy Alec hypocrite Baldwin Shoots and kills one, injures another.

Actor Alec Baldwin discharged a "prop firearm" that killed a cinematographer and injured the director of the movie Rust, being filmed on a set south of Santa Fe, a county sheriff's office spokesman said late Thursday.

Halyna Hutchins, 42 and the director of photography for the movie, died at University of New Mexico Hospital in Albuquerque. The film's director, Joel Souza, was hospitalized in Santa Fe, Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office spokesman Juan Ríos said.

A source close to the investigation said Baldwin, 63, was questioned by investigators late Thursday and was seen by a New Mexican reporter and photographer in tears.

Investigators are still trying to determine if the incident was an accident, Ríos said. No charges have been filed, and the investigation is open, Ríos wrote in a news release.

https://www.santafenewmexican....2e-e3cc47b69ce5.html

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...-rust-015205941.html

Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Please delete I see it is already going now.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
You could have deleted it, yourself, if you hadn't followed up to it--yourself Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, I'm going to leave it up. While I have sympathy for this innocent person who was killed, this is a whole boatload of karma for Baldwin, who has been vocally anti-gun, anti-American and who has harassed and assaulted people on the street over nothing.

Recently, I addressed the profound hypocrisy of Hollywood when it comes to guns and the Second Amendment:

This is how Hollywood is combating "gun violence"

The incident today- this is what they get for their bullshit, and I make no apologies for my stance on any of it.

For the rest of his life, Baldwin will carry this with him. Every time his name is mentioned, this incident will come to mind. He will attempt to atone by declaring to never again appear in any film which has firearms in it, and he will become the ultimate poster boy for the anti crowd. "Just look at what guns did to poor, innocent Alec Baldwin. Guns are bad."

And if this film "Rust" resumes production, these Hollywood fuckers really are as empty as they seem to be.

Hollywood has been preaching at us for years about guns and about the Second Amendment, and yet they have made and continue to make hundreds upon hundreds of millions of dollars with films which glorify gunplay. If only they had followed their own advice, this woman would still be alive, but the chickens have come home to roost.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hollywood has been preaching at us for years about guns and about the Second Amendment, and yet they have made and continue to make hundreds upon hundreds of millions of dollars with films which glorify gunplay.

So true, it really grinds my gears.

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
And if this film "Rust" resumes production, these Hollywood fuckers really are as empty as they seem to be.
Exactly. If they resume and release, it would only be for money, not the likely "It's what Halyna Hutchins would have wanted" B.S. they would spout.

########################################

Hutchins was a Los Angeles-based cinematographer from Ukraine who grew up on a Soviet military base within the Arctic Circle, according to her website.

She earned a degree in international journalism from Kyiv National University in Ukraine and had worked as an investigative journalist with British documentary productions in Europe.

She graduated from the American Film Institute Conservatory in 2015 and would go on to earn a spot as one of American Cinematographer‘s Rising Stars of 2019 and cinematographer for the 21st Century Fox DP Lab in 2018, her website said.

Most recently, Hutchins served as director of photography for feature film Archenemy, starring Joe Manganiello, Blindfire, a racially charged cop drama starring Brian Geraghty, and Darlin’, a horror feature.

Hutchins was also a member of the International Cinematographers Guild, Local 600.

https://www.santafenewmexican....2e-e3cc47b69ce5.html

posted Hide Post
very sad situation

my sympathies go out to the Hutchins' family

---------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
I guess he misunderstood the Producer when he said, "Fire the Director".

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
I guess he misunderstood the Producer when he said, "Fire the Director".

Too soon

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The other thread has taken off, so I'm locking this one.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post