SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Le Tour de France is underway
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Le Tour de France is underway Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
Just a heads up for those interested. It's kicked off a few days earlier than usual so it's easy to forget it was starting.

The departure this year was from my wife's home town in Brest.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Yes, I signed up for Peacock Premium so I can watch.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
that snuk up on me. Haven't been following racing as much as I used too. Sad to see that TJ vangardern retired. Guessing the US has no contenders again

Posts: 7796 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I was a big fan for a number of years. The doping scandals took a toll. The electric motors did me in. I'm done.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll pay the annual charge for my iPhone “Tour Tracker” app to get faster updates and more comprehensive coverage.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
I was a big fan for a number of years. The doping scandals took a toll. The electric motors did me in. I'm done.

FFS, there has never been an electric motor on a bike in the tour de France. Total media, hyped up nonsense.

And can we keep the past doping crap out of this thread, please? It shouldn't even need to be said. Why people have no interest in a subject feel compelled to jump in just to drop a turd is beyond me.

If it becomes relevant again this year, it'll obviously be a topic of discussion, but as much as possible, perhaps we can keep the discussion positive. Oui? Merci.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That fan with the sign, who caused the giant pile-up....needs to be publicly exposed for the entire country to know.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
FFS, there has never been an electric motor on a bike in the tour de France. Total media, hyped up nonsense.

Glad you know for certain.

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
And can we keep the past doping crap out of this thread, please? It shouldn't even need to be said. Why people have no interest in a subject feel compelled to jump in just to drop a turd is beyond me.

Balzé Halzé,
I do have interest in the subject or I wouldn't have posted.
It's your thread and I'll respectfully honor your request.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
That fan with the sign, who caused the giant pile-up....needs to be publicly exposed for the entire country to know.

Inexcusable. Fans have always been a part of the race, but egregious crap like that should have consequences. At the minimum the spectator should be heavily fined.

quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

Balzé Halzé,
I do have interest in the subject or I wouldn't have posted.
It's your thread and I'll respectfully honor your request.

Then by all means, please contribute. And yes, I may have started this thread, but I don't mean to imply that I have some say in how it ultimately plays out. I just don't want to see it dominated by discussions of past scandals.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Sigh. I just don’t understand why people like that are so self absorbed and unaware of what is going on around them. To say they are rude and inconsiderate is a vast understatement. I don’t even know the words to properly describe that behavior. Will she and other people learn from this. One can only hope. But I’m not holding my breath. That’s the real pandemic.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bh5y1q-MDl0" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Anyone that does this kind of crap deserves a public flogging.

-- George Orwell

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I suppose we will find out soon if Omi and Opi turn her in. I guess things are officially back to normal now.

Posts: 3510 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the fan with the sign could try that stuff at a NASCAR race. What an idiot!

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
I want to see the rest of the video. You know, the part that’s shows that dipshit with the sign getting beat over their empty head with a broken racing bike.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Maybe the fan with the sign could try that stuff at a NASCAR race. What an idiot!

Or try that shit at the Isle of Man TT.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
That might hurt the motorcyle rider.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want to see the rest of the video. You know, the part that’s shows that dipshit with the sign getting beat over their empty head with a broken racing bike.

^^^^^^^^^
Not gonna happen. If it were in the UK probably would happen. No bicycle ruffians that I know of.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
is this still a doper show?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Not gonna happen. If it were in the UK probably would happen. No bicycle ruffians that I know of.

Hey, it can get pretty rough out there.

https://youtu.be/eArlm3ukbVs

quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
is this still a doper show?

Oh, so very original. You must be proud of that one.

Seriously, have you not bothered to read a one page long thread, or are you deliberately trying to be antagonistic?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)