SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For all we shake our heads in wonder at British politics, they sure know how to throw a dinner party
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For all we shake our heads in wonder at British politics, they sure know how to throw a dinner party Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
One would have to be very hardbitten not to find that stirring. I can't imagine a more perfect embodiment of monarchy than the Queen. And our president-- of whom, I've read, the Queen is very fond-- did us proud.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always admired Queen Elizabeth II. I believe the adjective 'Steel Magnolia' fits her persona very well. She has always been a class act, no matter the circumstances. Long live the Queen!

Posts: 519 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
You can see that they genuinely like each other.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that so many of you are supporting your president - all I can say is that if I was an American I too would be there rooting for him. He's doing a good job. Never far down the stakes in my estimation, he instantly went up 500 points when he refused to talk to the obnoxious little shit Dzheremiy Korbin, whom he described [to paraphrase] as a person who talks much, but does little.

Well done, President Trump - America should be proud of you!

Posts: 11328 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
Always like to see our President and First Lady, taller than the dignitaries they visit.

It's the imposing presence of a world leader and a prominent President.

Her Majesty has seen a lot of leaders and dignitaries.
Makes that meme of her commenting on Michelle's "projection" even more funny.
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
The British are our best allies. God bless them.
Two people, separated by a common language!
I'm reminded of the big arch in Peace Arch Park (on the US/Canada border) on which is emblazoned "Children of a Common Mother"--how true it is!

tac, Queen Elizabeth has been on the throne almost my entire life; she has always been a person I admired. Such grace, such wisdom, is seldom encountered.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Is that Shepard Smith at the beginning? "THERE'S THE QUEEN!!"

Razz

He gets really excited when the queen is coming.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have a few Irish chums in suburban Philly who would dispute that.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:

A true citizen of this country views the world through the prism of being an American, not whatever nationality he or she descended from. As such, FishOn's statement is accurate.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
quote:

A true citizen of this country views the world through the prism of being an American, not whatever nationality he or she descended from. As such, FishOn's statement is accurate.

Wave the "Union Jack" around if you will, but as a Polish-American who has studied world history, I'm aware of the bullshit the Brit's got their Colonies and this county into last century.

Sorry, if they offends anyone.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wave the "Union Jack" around if you will, but as a Polish-American who has studied world history, I'm aware of the bullshit the Brit's got their Colonies and this county into last century.

Take the hyphenated-American and the everlasting grudge bullshit and start your own thread. Every nationality/country/etc. has its skeletons . You had no reason or right to take a shit in this thread.

Sorry if this offends you or your hyphenated-not American buddies.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Take the hyphenated-American and the everlasting grudge bullshit and start your own thread. Every nationality/country/etc. has its skeletons . You had no reason or right to take a shit in this thread.

'zackly. Thank you, Marksman41.

Just a gentle reminder that it wasn't the Poles, Italians, Japanese, Arabs of any kind, Germans and the rest, but British who landed at Plymouth Rock in 1620.

Posts: 11328 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Great post, Sir.

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
You would have been proud of your president, giving his presentation at the D-Day commemoration parade held at Portsmouth earlier today.

It was very moving, I tell ya.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

'zackly. Thank you, Marksman41.

Just a gentle reminder that it wasn't the Poles, Italians, Japanese, Arabs of any kind, Germans and the rest, but British who landed at Plymouth Rock in 1620.

those that came in 1620 were late,,

my direct ancestor left London in 1610 for Jamestown

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post