SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For all we shake our heads in wonder at British politics, they sure know how to throw a dinner party
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For all we shake our heads in wonder at British politics, they sure know how to throw a dinner party Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted

I am always taken by HRM Elizabeth II. She is 93 and still has a clear voice with strength behind it.

And President Trump... I am so grateful he is our President.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is that Shepard Smith at the beginning? "THERE'S THE QUEEN!!"

Razz

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That's a swank affair alright. I hope he gave them something nice for a thank you. Maybe an iPod. Big Grin

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
That's a swank affair alright. I hope he gave them something nice for a thank you. Maybe an iPod. Big Grin
Filled with a collection of his greatest speeches.
Wouldn’t that be a hoot.

After dinner they probably will have a quiet evening watching DVD’s with the Prime Minister.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Always like to see our President and First Lady, taller than the dignitaries they visit.

It's the imposing presence of a world leader and a prominent President.

Her Majesty has seen a lot of leaders and dignitaries.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Razz

He was hoping to see Elton John.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
The British are our best allies. God bless them.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Razz

He was hoping to see Elton John Freddie Mercury.

He just saw Freddie in a movie....

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
God save the Queen!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
The first lady takes my breath away, what a beautiful woman, represents this country with style and grace.
I wonder if prince Charles didn't whisper in her ear, "hey,want to be the Queen of England"?

Posts: 4629 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Now that is a dining room Big Grin

I've been fortunate enough to meet the Queen once on a receiving line, and Prince Philip twice.

President Trump did us proud

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
She sure has some nice jewels. What a life she’s had.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Monarchs, what claptrap.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rule Britannia!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Classy move on the Queens part. Rule Brittania!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
Always like to see our President and First Lady, taller than the dignitaries they visit.

It's the imposing presence of a world leader and a prominent President.

Her Majesty has seen a lot of leaders and dignitaries.

But much shorter than the entire company of the guard of honour parading behind the palace....Wink

Posts: 11327 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
She sure has some nice jewels. What a life she’s had.

There is no doubt in my mind that she is one of the hardest-working people on this planet, bar none. Her schedule, even at her advanced age, would flatten a forty-year old so-called high-flyer. And remember that she has been doing all this since 1953.

Her husband is the Honorary Colonel-in-Chief of the part of the Army that I served in for almost 33 years. He has decided, in the last year, to slow down, but is still involved in more business than you can shake a stick at.

I recommend that all detractors of Elizabeth Mountatten-Windsor do some research just to see what she actually does get up to.

And add to that, she also reigns all day.

Posts: 11327 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:

It's not such a big deal to be taller than a 93-year old lady, but I know what you mean.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tacfoley,

chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
God save the Queen, indeed. Her life has been incredible and in many ways incomprehensible. As Tacfoley suggests the Queen probably leads the most dichotomous life in all of history.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
The British are our best allies. God bless them.
Two people, separated by a common language!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post