SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Party at Applebees goes wrong
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Party at Applebees goes wrong Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ive been going to the wrong parties apparently. My coworker surprised his wife that, after three boys, their 4th and last child is going to be a girl. But all i got was some silly string and a pink cupcake. No ass-beatings, real or threatened...

(But his wife was absolutely ecstatic and it was cute, and a happy occasion on which to support a friend)

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Gender reveals are bigoted anyway. No one gets to choose gender but the baby. It's not gender anyway. It's sex. Gender is for grammar. It should be a sex reveal party......as such, a family restaurant is prolly the wrong venue. Big Grin
I'm glad to see someone else who knows the difference between "sex" and "gender". I've been carping about using "gender" the wrong way for a long time.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
One day they will go on Jerry Springer to reveal the father!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Gender reveals are bigoted anyway. No one gets to choose gender but the baby. It's not gender anyway. It's sex. Gender is for grammar. It should be a sex reveal party......as such, a family restaurant is prolly the wrong venue. Big Grin
I'm glad to see someone else who knows the difference between "sex" and "gender". I've been carping about using "gender" the wrong way for a long time.

flashguy

I suspect this substitution occurred the same way many have relative to conversations having to do with sex and sexual relations. People substitute less alarming words to say what they want without a red face. Those words, while at first removing the edge, become the edge and in fact, move the vocabulary to more coarse content by virtue of association and the pure volume of words now relative to sex. Still, wanna see eyes pop? Refer to gender as sex in polite conversation. lol Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
How do they really know until it grows up and tells them .. ..

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, there are certain particulars left out of this story, but you don't need a "reveal" to know a couple of things about these people, do you?

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, there are certain particulars left out of this story, but you don't need a "reveal" to know a couple of things about these people, do you?

If not a “reveal”, certainly a “strongly suspect.”

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
New Jersey Dad Breaks Ankle During Gender Reveal

Article on same page.

Idiots.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12440 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
When did every event in life have to become a clip out of a reality TV show?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37996 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Yep, like I said, it's not a wild guess anymore. The places change- McDonalds, Chuckee Cheese, etc. But not much else.

It's all the same.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16724 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
When did every event in life have to become a clip out of a reality TV show?
Even worse, some segments of the population have taken the movie Idiocracy as a lifestyle instead of a warning.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwZ0ZUy7P3E

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23312 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post